Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

EtP0fhpWQAEEo6Y

Stan Anderson, Jimmy Miller, John Currie, Bobby Hume, Ronnie McKinnon, Norrie Martin, George Niven, Billy Ritchie, Bobby Grant, Max Murray, Willie Penman, Andy Matthew, Willie Henderson, Ralph Brand.

Scot Symon, Albert Franks, Reuben Evans, Willie Stevenson, David More, Sammy Baird, George McLean, Bill Paterson, Bobby King, Harold Davis, Roger Hynd, Willie Telfer, Davie Provan, Jim Baxter, Joe Craven.

Alex Scott, Willie Cassidy, Ian McMillan, John Queen, Bobby Shearer, Billy Young, Eric Caldow, Donald Bowie, Ian McColl, Craig Brown, John Little, Craig Watson, Davie Wilson, Davie Kinnear.

Last edited:
What year did we change from the old '50's blue top with the white collar to the blue top with the big white V neck ?

Davie Provan, Gus McCallum, Colin Jackson, Graham Keddie, Eric Sorenson, Norrie Martin, Gerry Neef, Danny Stevenson, Dennis Setterington, Jim Baxter, Norrie Stevenson, Alex Ferguson, Iain McDonald.

Laurie Smith, Bobby Watson, Ken Watson, Willie Mathieson, Tom Matchett, Ronnie McKinnon, Alex Miller, Orjan Persson, David Cairns, Dave Smith, Graham Fyfe, Kai Johansen, Billy Semple, Sandy Jardine, Joe Craven.

Davie White, Willie Henderson, Billy Laing, Alex MacDonald, Alfie Conn, Colin Stein, Willie White, John Greig, Billy McPhee, Andy Penman, Brian Heron, Willie Johnston, Willie Thornton, Davie Kinnear.

Last edited:
I don't know why but with a lot of the pictures, I'm not getting because it says "tinypic, this picture is no longer available" in most of them
That is exactly the case.

I've posted 100's of pics on both here and the 'Ibrox Pre-1978' thread, that are no longer available to view.

Totally off topic, but possibly because of that amazing night, I thought back in the 70s Bayern wore white shirts. Did they change their colours to red sometime after this or were they playing in a change strip that night?

When our game ended they crossed over to the piggery and showed the last 30 mins (they kicked off later) then extra time and the penalties, so they showed a good bit of their match too. Even then they knew who was the bigger draw though!
anyone got the tv schedule from the newspapers that day, I thought I'd seen it before

Reactions: ao2
Start of season 1969/70 I'm thinking.

I should know this, but who is the man in the suit standing behind Davie White?

The other side of the picture has Willie Thornton, Davie Kinnear and Joe Craven. But can't think who the last if the coaching / management team was.

Start of season 1969/70 I'm thinking.

I should know this, but who is the man in the suit standing behind Davie White?

The other side of the picture has Willie Thornton, Davie Kinnear and Joe Craven. But can't think who the last if the coaching / management team was.
Lawrie Smith?

anyone got the tv schedule from the newspapers that day, I thought I'd seen it before

Just slide along to page 8 of the Evening Times that day and you get the TV schedule. Our game was live on STV at 7:20 with highlights from their game (this programme was possibly extended as they went to extra-time). BBC-1 had the second half of their game at 9:20 and would have been extended for the extra-time also, and it does say Rangers highlights would be included.

Totally off topic, but possibly because of that amazing night, I thought back in the 70s Bayern wore white shirts. Did they change their colours to red sometime after this or were they playing in a change strip that night?
We lost to Bayern in the Fairs Cities Cup the previous season and Bayern, I think, were playing in a red and white striped shirt that night. Drew 1-1 at Ibrox but ran them close

Does anyone have a list of the players names in this photo?
Back row Provan, ?,Jackson,?Sorenson, Martin,Neef, Bobby Watson the keeper,?Baxter, ?, Ferguson, Iain Macdonald
Middle : Lawrie Smith, Bobby Watson, Kenny Watson, Mathieson, ? McKinnon, Alex Miller, Persson,?, Dave Smith, Fyfe, Johansen, Semple, Jardine, Joe Craven
Front : Davie White, Henderson, ?, Macdonald, Conn, Stein,?,John Greig, ?, Penman, Heron, Johnston, Willie Thornton and Davie Kinnear.

Back row Provan, ?,Jackson,?Sorenson, Martin,Neef, Bobby Watson the keeper,?Baxter, ?, Ferguson, Iain Macdonald
Middle : Lawrie Smith, Bobby Watson, Kenny Watson, Mathieson, ? McKinnon, Alex Miller, Persson,?, Dave Smith, Fyfe, Johansen, Semple, Jardine, Joe Craven
Front : Davie White, Henderson, ?, Macdonald, Conn, Stein,?,John Greig, ?, Penman, Heron, Johnston, Willie Thornton and Davie Kinnear.
It’s the question marks I’m interested in.

Does anyone have a list of the players names in this photo?
Davie Provan, Gus McCallum, Colin Jackson, Graham Keddie, Eric Sorenson, Norrie Martin, Gerry Neef, Danny Stevenson, Dennis Setterington, Jim Baxter, Norrie Stevenson, Alex Ferguson, Iain McDonald.

Laurie Smith, Bobby Watson, Ken Watson, Willie Mathieson, Tom Matchett, Ronnie McKinnon, Jim Miller, Orjan Persson, David Cairns, Dave Smith, Graham Fyfe, Kai Johansen, Billy Semple, Sandy Jardine, Joe Craven.

Davie White, Willie Henderson, Billy Laing, Alex MacDonald, Alfie Conn, Colin Stein, Willie White, John Greig, Billy McPhee, Andy Penman, Brian Heron, Willie Johnston, Willie Thornton, Davie Kinnear.

Laurie Smith, Bobby Watson, Ken Watson, Willie Mathieson, Tom Matchett, Ronnie McKinnon, Jim Miller, Orjan Persson, David Cairns, Dave Smith, Graham Fyfe, Kai Johansen, Billy Semple, Sandy Jardine, Joe Craven.

Cheers Sam.
Do you have the same for the 64 photo?

I know it says “Jim Miller” in between Ronnie McKinnon and Orjan Persson, but should that not actually be ALEX Miller?

Back