Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

WUg46uH.jpg

IN7iRF5.jpg

KXZ0ohs.jpg

A photo from the 63 Cup Final I haven't seen before at the 6'40" mark. I'm guessing there aren't too many photos out there of Slim Jim jumping for a header, let alone jumping so high.

Wish I could see the photos you post, but all I get are numbers and letters, and in trying to quote your post here, all I get is a blank space. Must be something to do with my browser, but I can't work out what it is as it doesn't seem to affect what other people post. Can I ask what image hosting site you use, and I'll look to see if my browser is blocking it?

(Edit: the numbers and letters didn't show when I wrote this, but appeared on-screen after I posted it.)

Wish I could see the photos you post, but all I get are numbers and letters, and in trying to quote your post here, all I get is a blank space. Must be something to do with my browser, but I can't work out what it is as it doesn't seem to affect what other people post. Can I ask what image hosting site you use, and I'll look to see if my browser is blocking it?

(Edit: the numbers and letters didn't show when I wrote this, but appeared on-screen after I posted it.)

No idea why this happens.

I'm copying and pasting pictures from X. Never had issues with this before.

I'll post McCoist's wiki picture. Can you see that?

Edit: Not using an image hosting site. I'm just c+p the image link in the insert image icon above.

Ally_McCoist_1994.jpg

Last edited:
No idea why this happens.

I'm copying and pasting pictures from X. Never had issues with this before.

I'll post McCoist's wiki picture. Can you see that?

Edit: Not using an image hosting site. I'm just c+p the image link in the insert image icon above.

Ally_McCoist_1994.jpg

Yep, I can see McCoist okay. I right-clicked and opened in a new tab and it looks like you got it at Wikimedia. I often have problems with Twitter/X links, so maybe that's causing the problem. Wikimedia is one of those rare sites that doesn't have any trackers or other domains connected to it, so there's nothing to stop it showing.

(Edit: Success! If I right-click on the letters and numbers in your post and open in a new tab, the image is now visible. Checking the URL it says pbs.twimg.com, which it turns out is X's image hosting site. I can see your images now over there, but not on FollowFollow, so my browser must be blocking it on here.)

Last edited:
I’ve mastered the art of being simple :))

But it is simply a good question. B-)

Why would we gravitate to one side of the ground. It had to start sometime. Population demographs at the time?

You'd think the punters from Bridgeton/Dalmarnock and the calton/gallowgate, either side of the divide, would make the same route to get to Hampden.

But it is simply a good question. B-)

Why would we gravitate to one side of the ground. It had to start sometime. Population demographs at the time?

You'd think the punters from Bridgeton/Dalmarnock and the calton/gallowgate, either side of the divide, would make the same route to get to Hampden.
Possibly the police decided and it was pure luck that we ended up with the better end - you know, the one that doesn’t empty early.

Possibly the police decided and it was pure luck that we ended up with the better end - you know, the one that doesn’t empty early.

Before the 1976 EC final I represented my school (Grange Secondary, Castlemilk) with three others in my third year in a keepy uppy competition.

I wanted us to be at The Rangers end. We were at the other end and I was at the very epicentre, smack behind the goal. Sepp Maier was out warming up with other players.

Anyway, the Hampden capacity in 76, had been reduced for safetey reasons down to 85,000, but the ground hadn't changed from the ground that held 122,000 in the SC final in 1973.

Now in John Rafferty's 100 Years of Scottish Football, he mentioned that at it's full, the capacity at the yahoo end (remember, there was an extra tier at the top of that terracing, back in the day) it could hold 62,000.

I couldn't get away with how small it looked.

For the record, the Rangers end, held 49,000.

Back