Clement

Only caught up with Celtic because they imploded. 1 point out of 9 against them and now only 1 point better off than them since we also imploded.

Celtic have been garbage since Clement came in and so have we.

Shit starting lineups, that everybody can see is wrong, and hoofball tactics lost us the league.

Slight concerns for the first time for me. He persists in doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different outcome. No plan B. We’re constantly overrun in midfield but his reluctance to change is system is damaging not only today but against Dundee etc.

Style of play, I’m yet to see any. If it’s just long balls down the channels and deep crosses into the box, that’s a worry for next season. We don’t play on the deck and look to cut teams open and kill them with relentless pressure.

A clear out of the current squad and his own players in next season will hopefully bring us success.

That going 4/5 OF games without beating them puts any Rangers manager under pressure and that he needs to win the final to put a stop to it.
I'd have to agree ... I like clement.... BUT ... if he doesn't rinse the club of the gutless losers and beat celtic in the final... he will be gone before Xmas... also his tactics and team vs them is fucking shambolic

He bought Dio for 4.5 and he played. Did he play the way he wanted him too?
He was poor, but the midfield plays as a unit. If Dio gets the ball under a press who does he give it to? Lundstram? Lawrence? Both are too slow and dont have good enough close control

How many old firm games does he get? No matter who was available today he proved he has learned nothing from previous games and started with a midfield who were always going to be over ran.

Nothing today suggested Clement is the man to overtake Celtic

At what point do you start looking at the players, who’ve let a minimum 4 managers down, rather than the manager himself?

Got the impression from his post match interview that he is losing patience with a few of them. First time I’ve heard him openly criticise a player, stating Lundstrum effectively cost us the game
Plenty of fans losing patience with him now

Very concerning the signs we are seeing the past couple of weeks he might be limited in terms of players but that doesn’t stop him changing things tactically.
I agree. He has made imo some of the worst team selections ever, which has put us behind before we start. Everything seems to be about the end of the game, not winning out right. Today's game called out for steel and determination. Diomande jogged the whole game. We needed a Raskin against that entitled arrogant bastard McGregor. Yilmaz wtf, play him first then Barasic if necessary. Why no Cantwell in a must win game. Lundstrum didn't lose us that game Clement did

The main door at Ibrox needs to be replaced with a revolving door,It should be written in our constitution a new manager for the start of every season just to keep things fresh :)

At what point do you start looking at the players, who’ve let a minimum 4 managers down, rather than the manager himself?
The players aren’t good enough. That doesn’t excuse the managers shocking lineup, tactics and subs.

We will agree to disagree on that one. The guy has zero brain cells and his opinion on football is bonkers at times.
i get he might not be manager material but as a number two maybe? He was just such a good captain of Rangers and his mentality and drive to push us on too winning titles and cups just has to be something we have around the club going forward.

The same as everyone said before the game. Lundstram, Diomande and Sterling. Everyone knew we had to go with a solid 3 and compete in there. His decision to start Lawrence and put Sterling RW was bonkers.
Ok, who would have protected Tav from maeda? There's an entire pitch to think about.

It took Gerrard three seasons to win a league

Now we’ve got into the habit of chucking managers on a knee jerk reaction

Anyone that saw the line up could’ve told you we would lose today, simply doesn’t have the players to make a difference

Only caught up with Celtic because they imploded. 1 point out of 9 against them and now only 1 point better off than them since we also imploded.

Celtic have been garbage since Clement came in and so have we.

Shit starting lineups, that everybody can see is wrong, and hoofball tactics lost us the league.

But we still had to win the games, beating Hearts 5 - 0 with an almost full squad makes he think he has what it takes to turn things around, I could be wrong tho

I think most of the capitulation is down to the players as they have done it the last 3 or 4 season

Got the impression from his post match interview that he is losing patience with a few of them. First time I’ve heard him openly criticise a player, stating Lundstrum effectively cost us the game
Same in his rtv interview,he was pretty scathing about the first twenty minutes.

Ok, who would have protected Tav from maeda? There's an entire pitch to think about.
Sterling could do that from midfield. Look at how Gerrard set our team up. The midfield covered both fullback areas. Jack covered on the right and Kamara on the left.

Fwiw I have faith in Clement to coach up whatever signings we bring in and take us forward.

The only observation I have is that we’ve had several managers lately who - regardless of their individual abilities - have had to face that lot a few times before being able to make a stamp on the team (although less said about Pedro the better). So they are maybe 3-4 OFs in before they have a game with “their” team.

Beale and Clement both have had to go into spring games relying on supposedly key players who knew they were away and often picking the only players who weren’t injured

To be clear, it’s not an excuse for trying the same tactics game in game out and expecting different results. But I don’t buy into the “if he loses another OF then we should bin him” mentality (to quote a text I got which prompted me to write this)

When Clement took over we were nowhere.
He's got us some silverware, he took the league to last two games and we're in the cup final.
He's had a very poor group of players to work with. Pretty much one average striker the whole season. Ridiculous amount of injuries. He's done well. Not amazing. But very well.
He said before the game he will take advice off the medical staff as to who can play from the start. Obviously he's been advised not to start Ridvan.
Blaming the manager for this is wrong. At the time of Beale's sacking most people had written the season off. The players aren't good enough.

We aren't. But if the best player for a position is available, you play them. Everyone can see for weeks Sterling can't play RW. So he shouldn't be there. Barisic shouldn't be playing. You can make a serious argument for Lawrence, Silva (who wasn't the worst) or Diomande not being picked. Lundstram has clearly checked out long ago but we are still expecting these guys to go to the wall despite having no evidence that they can

Sterling can't play right wing, but the alternatives are literally worse. McCausland and Wright are poor, have been for months.

Barisic is the only one I had question marks over. I would have started Ridvan.

You can make an argument on not picking those three, but you can also make an equally compelling argument not to play the guys that would replace those three players. Therein lies the problem we've got. Cantwell has been very poor this season and seems to get rattled when playing against them. Folk are also saying Lundstram should have been dropped for Raskin, but you go back a fortnight and there's threads proclaiming that Raskin is shite and should be out the door in the summer.

All of the above is the problem. Speaking in broader context, I also think that injuries and our shambolic start to this season has finally come home to roost for the team and Clement.

Today was a microcosm of our entire season. We've lacked quality all season. It's been glaring.

I have ridiculed anyone who has suggested Mciness in the past but I’m coming round to the idea that we need someone like him tbh. Certainly wouldn’t make the same mistakes week after week.
I’m starting to think McInnes might do us a turn, as he cant be much worse than what’s been served up over the last couple of seasons domestically.

It took Gerrard three seasons to win a league

Now we’ve got into the habit of chucking managers on a knee jerk reaction

Anyone that saw the line up could’ve told you we would lose today

Why did Gerrard get three seasons ?

Because he showed he could beat that mob and match them in OF games after two years of being ridden senseless by them.

He beat them with Halliday at LB and a midfield of three Scottish guys in his second game v them.

Clement isn't going to be any good as a Rangers manager going forward or earn any credit in the bank if he can't beat Celtic.

Clement made a rod for his own back, by getting this team back into it. Pep would struggle with this team

Need to drop this narrative, his record is the same as Beale.

He beat the dross in the league and failed to win the big games.

Celtic went on a terrible run and we got back into it, we weren’t doing anything that wasn’t expected.

i get he might not be manager material but as a number two maybe? He was just such a good captain of Rangers and his mentality and drive to push us on too winning titles and cups just has to be something we have around the club going forward.
He was. Until he wasn’t. 2002-2003 Barry was an immense captain and a brilliant player - probably the most influential season of any player since Laudrup’s first. 2006-2009 Barry wasn’t; his attitude dragged the team down; hence why Smith reduced his role.

Yes, I’m not happy with his team selection or set up, but Goldson, Balogun, Yilmaz, Sima, Danilo and Cortes are huge misses fro the side, he needs time to get his own men in.

Just pointing out the stats mate.

Not saying Clement isn’t better than Beale but whatever way you look at neither has come up with a solution to beat Celtic as yet.
Domestically Beale was better than Clement and that’s saying something!

He was poor, but the midfield plays as a unit. If Dio gets the ball under a press who does he give it to? Lundstram? Lawrence? Both are too slow and dont have good enough close control
Agreed. That's why he should be changing tactics and over run the midfield. Instead of that it's long ball after long ball. You can't have a press by doing that all game. There isn't a midfield there to have a press.

If he doesn't win the Scottish Cup, he'll be on to a hiding next season. This is a bang bang bang average celtic team and each and every player has popped the bed this season in ever single game against them.

He'll get until Christmas with a couple of his own players and the rest will be the exact bloody same.

Bad team selection quite often in last few months . Same players letting him down constantly and cave in under pressure

Honestly alarm bells are ringing for me, every man and his dog was saying go with a solid 3 in midfield yet he still starts Lawrence a guy who's legs have gone and struggles to make any impact, 3 games now where barring a last minute wonder goal that would be 3 defeats. We will set up exactly the same in the final and we will likely lose.

Who else was he going to play today?

No cunt
Sterling should have been CM and Lawrence shouldn’t have started. If you can’t see that then I’ve no idea what to say.

His obsession with not starting players who aren’t 100% fit is also bad, Ridvan should have started and if he was struggling he could have came off.

Lundstram was a big part of it but his team selection was absolutely howling in the first place.

Did anyone on here actually expect to win when the lineup was announced?

Behave yourself the players are not good enough this squad needs ripped up in the summer.
This. I blame the players because there’s not an eleven he could’ve put out today that wouldn’t have had the same repeat offenders and inconsistent underachievers who’ve failed to get things over the line when the chips are down time and again.

Everyone quoted as “should’ve started” has been torn apart by the fans and folk on here for not being good enough. They’re only the answer when they’re not on the pitch.

The worry, like every season of late, is that we genuinely require such a turnover and improvement across the squad that it’s hard to see how we do it in reality.

We’ve yet again handed them a title with players shitting the bed from a position of strength. They also don’t have the strength of character to “learn from it” or bounce back. They just get worse after a blip and chuck it further.

Honestly alarm bells are ringing for me, every man and his dog was saying go with a solid 3 in midfield yet he still starts Lawrence a guy who's legs have gone and struggles to make any impact, 3 games now where barring a last minute wonder goal that would be 3 defeats. We will set up exactly the same in the final and we will likely lose.
His tactics are absolutely honking. Long balls constantly and completely miss out the midfield.

That going 4/5 OF games without beating them puts any Rangers manager under pressure and that he needs to win the final to put a stop to it.

We won't be winning many, if any games against them using the tactics he's employed in the last 3 games.

Being incapable of spells of controlled possession or unable to positionally dominate the middle of the pitch won't lead to positive results in this fixture.

Back