Clement

He might have a poor squad at his disposal, but continuing with the same lineup and tactics and expecting different outcomes is worrying.

Why did Gerrard get three seasons ?

Because he showed he could beat that mob and match them in OF games after two years of being ridden senseless by them.

He beat them with Halliday at LB and a midfield of three Scottish guys in his second game v them.

Clement isn't going to be any good as a Rangers manager going forward or earn any credit in the bank if he can't beat Celtic.

Let's be honest for a minute. Covid quite literally saved Gerrard's job. He got three seasons because Covid ended the second season early.

The utter shitshow performances in the cups and continually imploding post winter break, was catching up to him and the support had turned.

I think the overriding sense I get, is that we can't continually hire managers mid season. Give them a few loan signings in January and cross our fucking fingers. It's not a strategy. If we sack Clement in the summer, then so be it. But, we'd be as well admitting, that we don't have a strategy and there's zero point planning or building for the future.

We won't be winning many, if any games against them using the tactics he's employed in the last 3 games.

Being incapable of spells of controlled possession or unable to positionally dominate the middle of the pitch won't lead to positive results in this fixture.
100% unfortunately he hasn’t learned that from the first 2 games and probably won’t learn from today.

It is the players. It is the same players who let us down over and over.

Give him his own summer prepartions before making a proper judgment. He can only do so much with the crap he's been left with.
What it means exactly is, he didn't buy these players, didn't think that phrase was overly difficult to understand or that cryptic
But that's the players he has. He agreed to manage them and he has to do that. Do you think he's going around saying...well they are not my players. Every manager is in the same situation when they come into a club.

Why did Gerrard get three seasons ?

Because he showed he could beat that mob and match them in OF games after two years of being ridden senseless by them.

He beat them with Halliday at LB and a midfield of three Scottish guys in his second game v them.

Clement isn't going to be any good as a Rangers manager going forward or earn any credit in the bank if he can't beat Celtic.
Gerrard got three seasons because we inherited a shit show.

Clement has also inherited a shit show with players that haven’t beat Celtic under Gio and Clement

Nonsense right now, yes.

But he needs to beat them. Otherwise, what's different to Beale & Gio?
The only difference is Beale had a better record and Gio actually tried to play football and I am one who wanted both gone.

Both hopeless against Celtic and Clement is going a grand job at copying them.

Can’t believe people are talking about being rid of our manager
Have they seen the players available to him ?
Once he gets his own men in I’m confident he will bring us trophies
What makes you confident of that? What have you seen from his tactics, team selections and subs have you this confident? He has a worse record than Beale with the same squad.

He has got as much out of these losers as he possibly can. If he goes into next season with James Tavernier still a first choice player then he will head the same way as the others that have done that.

Usually I'm more of a happy clapper but Clement deserves criticism.

Point 1 - one of the best players we have at breaking up the play and putting pressure on the opposing midfield is Sterling. Yet, he's played in the attacking end of the pitch, meaning he rarely gets yo play to his strengths.

Point 2 - Borna: I can't remember a player who consistently start only to be subbed before an hour. Him starting before Ridvan is a baffling decision

Point 3 - Lundstram hasn't turned in a good old firm performance under Clement yet he continues to start.

Point 4 - Silva. At the 29 minute mark, Celtic are attacking down the left center of us. He's walking back, making no attempt to put pressure on the ball. This isn't out of charchter, he shouldn't be constantly given a start.

Last edited:
For the man’s sanity he should be looking to dump this poison chalice on some other poor unsuspecting individual,
Really feel sorry for anybody who gets lumbered with the Rangers job beat the fhilth or your out,Getting to the stage where we will be a two managers a season club.

What makes you confident of that? What have you seen from his tactics, team selections and subs have you this confident? He has a worse record than Beale with the same squad.
Plenty to make me confident about the guy
He brought us back into a title race we were out of , his signings so far are good, agree he has made mistakes but plenty managers do

I’m no happy clapper and can critique the man when necessary but did you see what he had to choose from to make a team today

Can’t believe people are talking about being rid of our manager
Have they seen the players available to him ?
Once he gets his own men in I’m confident he will bring us trophies
I can’t agree with this. I predict we will be second best again next year and folk on here will be saying he needs at least another season to bed the new team in.
What we need is a manager that hates them. Is there any Israeli managers out of a job?

What a load of rubbish. He's appointed on a 4-year contract and has almost none of his own players. We're drawing OF games or losing them by the odd goal. Give the man a break

I knew this thread would appear today, and it’s understandable I suppose.

Lose the cup final and he’s going to have a massive battle on his hands convincing the support he’s the guy for us, which seems incredible given where we were a couple of months ago.

My thing is that he’s looking a lot like another of these managers who has his way of his playing, his style, his vision, and he’s not really prepared to deviate from it much. If it doesn’t work, so be it - he’ll move on to his next job.

But . . . we do need to see what a Philipe Clement team looks like first.

And round and round and round we go . . .

Usually I'm more of a happy clapper but Clement deserves criticism.

Point 1 - one of the best players we have at breaking up the play and putting pressure on the opposing midfield is Sterling. Yet, he's played in the attacking end of the pitch, meaning he rarely gets yo play to his strengths.

Point 2 - Borna: I can't remember a player who consistently start only to be subbed before an hour. Him starting before Ridvan is a baffling decision

Point 3 - Lundstram hasn't turned in a good old firm performance under Clement yet he continues to start.

Point 4 - Silva. At the 29 minute mark, Celtic are attacking down the right center of us. He's walking back, making no attempt to put pressure on the ball. This isn't out of charchter, he shouldn't be constantly given a start.
Point 1 and 3 I couldn’t agree more with.

Anyone who finds it “baffling” that Ridvan didn’t start is delusional. He’s missed weeks of football and clear the advice is that he can’t manage more than 30 minutes. What is baffling about that?

Point 4 - Silva works had he just has almost no defensive awareness. But if he doesn’t start in recent weeks, who does? The options on the bench are worse; the better options are injured.

Can’t afford to ignore warnings signs like we did with Caixhina, Gio and Beale.

The “not his side” excuse ended up not washing for those three.
It’s clear as day it’s the same players that’s let all of then down so will see if clement guts the squad and my hunch is he will

For the man’s sanity he should be looking to dump this poison chalice on some other poor unsuspecting individual,
Really feel sorry for anybody who gets lumbered with the Rangers job beat the fhilth or your out,Getting to the stage where we will be a two managers a season club.
Mate celtic are the only other team who can win the league, beating them is massive we win 1 of the games Clement has had were level on points.

a lack of quality and injuries have cost us. I believe he will win us the league in the next couple of years

Based on what? Blind faith?

There is no possibility that Celtic will be as bad as they have been this season, can you confidently say the same about us given that we will likely have a meagre budget to try and arrest 3-4 years of chronic squad mismanagement? I genuinely don’t see where the optimism is coming from.

This. I blame the players because there’s not an eleven he could’ve put out today that wouldn’t have had the same repeat offenders and inconsistent underachievers who’ve failed to get things over the line when the chips are down time and again.

Everyone quoted as “should’ve started” has been torn apart by the fans and folk on here for not being good enough. They’re only the answer when they’re not on the pitch.

The worry, like every season of late, is that we genuinely require such a turnover and improvement across the squad that it’s hard to see how we do it in reality.

We’ve yet again handed them a title with players shitting the bed from a position of strength. They also don’t have the strength of character to “learn from it” or bounce back. They just get worse after a blip and chuck it further.
Well said mate

The manager has used up a lot of his goodwill and there is some worrying trends which he seems incapable of addressing now I know we are short of quality all over the park but his team selections and tactics have been absolutely baffling of late and it's ultimately cost us.

Also his loyalty and public backing to the team is starting to piss me off surely today for him has to be the final straw with so many of these players.

Seen this before with Beale and GVB unless he addresses the key issues then he is onto a sacking early next season.

Learn to change and adapt and I do believe Clement can be a success add in gutting this squad and he has a chance but to potentially go into next season with no wins against that mob puts him under serious pressure.

The issue is that we’re talking about the same issues again.

Of more concern is that layman supporters were highlighting the problems pre-game.

Clement is unable to see and/or unwilling to adapt. That’s a worry.

Hands very much tied behind his back but to start Lawrence again when the last OF game passed him by was costly.

Other than not going 3 in the middle, he's blameless for me. Genuinely.
So other than a basic tactical decision that 99% of supporters and pundits can see?

What the f*ck was he watching the last 2 games against them to think that was OK today?

Tell you what, let’s take John Souttar off at half- time when we are down to ten men and replace him with Ross McCausland.

That’s mental
It was 2/1 @ half time and we were now down to 10 men.
He made changes, we defended magnificently, pushed them back and made them nervous ad forced them into errors, had no luck up front and just needed a better final ball...and it finished 2/1.

So no mate, it ws not mental in any way was it?

Mate celtic are the only other team who can win the league, beating them is massive we win 1 of the games Clement has had were level on points.
Out,Out,Out,Out,
Get someone else in,Who the %^*& he is anybody’s guess might as well start looking before next seasons kitty is spent.

Based on dragging us back into a title race that was all but finished and not having to field a team of serial losers when he gets his own men in
A big part of the dragging us back in was down to them shedding points all over the place during that spell.

The manager has used up a lot of his goodwill and there is some worrying trends which he seems incapable of addressing now I know we are short of quality all over the park but his team selections and tactics have been absolutely baffling of late and it's ultimately cost us.

Also his loyalty and public backing to the team is starting to piss me off surely today for him has to be the final straw with so many of these players.

Seen this before with Beale and GVB unless he addresses the key issues then he is onto a sacking early next season.

Learn to change and adapt and I do believe Clement can be a success add in gutting this squad and he has a chance but to potentially go into next season with no wins against that mob puts him under serious pressure.
After the shit we’ve been through, we are a support with limited patience. He cannot come out and throw his players under a bus. I’m sure he’ll be saying something different out of the public eye.

It’s getting tiresome this rinse and repeat manager thing. The facts are that they can invest more than we can and they have a winning mentality.

The latest in a series of embarrassing responses to post-match questions.

This guy has literally just cost you the title and been garbage for months, and is also out of contract in a fortnight but let’s all be pals right?

I genuinely believed early doors that Clement was made of stern stuff and would be of a ruthless disposition but increasingly he looks like a soft touch.

Back