Clement

There's 3 games to go in the league. You've came out and said that now is the time to gamble on players. Are you telling me that anymore than 30 minutes and Ridvan would have been worse than having Borna on the pitch. I'm just not having that. Ridvan at 40% is better than any version of Borna.

Silva: "no defensive awareness". So in the context of this game he shouldn't be playing in a position that requires defensive quality. Bring Sterling back in to the defensive shape and the answers will be there. So long as Sterling is played in an attacking position we are losing out his defensively qualities while gaingin nothing as a tradé of.
Clement has an unhealthy obsession with only playing players who are 100% fit and would rather start worse players. Ridvan could easily have started today and came off later in the game if he was struggling. Today wasn't the day for being precautious.

Did you watch the game? Everything other like putting Sterling on at centre back, bringing on Raskin, Wright, McCausland and Yilmaz at the right times and getting a good shift out of them.

We lost the first goal because Lumdstram couldn't be arsed tracking O'Riley with neither Barisic or Davies able to close him down. The 2nd goal Tav gets skint AGAIN. The set up was wrong, but individual players he has no choice but to rely on cost us.

And, err, we had f**King 45 minutes against 10 men.
I did watch the game. All the things you mention were in the 2nd half, when the 2 goals that won the game had already been scored and the game was gone. The same pattern as his other 2 games against them. Same old story. 1st half collapse. Rally a bit. Not enough.

Maybe if he'd played 3 in the middle like everybody else thought he should, Sterling could've covered Lundstram's laziness (which hasn't just reared its head today) for the crucial first goal.

I don’t disagree with either of those changes although we’ve no one available that would’ve made a difference today. That lies with Beale and the board not Clement.
So you agree he started the wrong players but he couldn't do anything else? Not sure that makes sense.

There was plenty he could gave done that didn't involve playing the exact same setup and tactics that has failed in the last 2 old firm games.

He’s arrogant to the point of stupidity. He thinks the Belgian league is superior thus little nous needed here.

Anyone that’s been around the club knows PC and NK think this is a route to the EPL. It’s quite open.
That’s a very interesting post. They say doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is madness but saying it’s arrogance is equally valid. I’m starting to doubt Phil and your post is extremely concerning.

So you agree he started the wrong players but he couldn't do anything else? Not sure that makes sense.

There was plenty he could gave done that didn't involve playing the exact same setup and tactics that has failed in the last 2 old firm games.

He had no alternative

He had no alternative
I've posted the alternative about 100 times. Sterling CM and not wasted at RW and Lawrence on the bench. That was the obvious choice that everyone on here said before the game.

Why can our highly paid manager not see what every fan can see? He allowed McGregor to control the midfield yet again.

We may have a meagre budget but do you really think that Celtic have such a superior team to us ? I think not AND they may not have a better budget when all the child abuse cases are dealt with.

They have the CL money and players worth money that other teams will want and that they can cash in on. We have neither.

Provided they don’t make an arse of recruitment they are set for next season and beyond, in comparison we are in utter disarray in terms of the squad.

I've posted the alternative about 100 times. Sterling CM and not wasted at RW and Lawrence on the bench. That was the obvious choice that everyone on here said before the game.

Why can our highly paid manager not see what every fan can see? He allowed McGregor to control the midfield yet again.
Read @Vidmar post mate sounds very likely.

His talk about Lundstram to RTV is the kind of shit we're all guilty of. We make our minds up that we like a player then sweep away any evidence to suggest we're wrong.

Lundstram was horrible today, sold two goals then got himself a ridiculous red card. Clement is falling over himself to absolve Lundstram of any blame, and big up all his grand achievements in the last two years for the club.

That's the biggest red flag for Clement I've seen so far. And I've not put much stock in a lot of the stuff slung at him thus far, but that's worried me.
By now you should have twigged that what Clement tells the media does not align with what he thinks / believes in private.

Most of us pointed out the need for a midfield 3, including Sterling. He stayed with Lundstram and Dio. Over ran again. Worrying.

I like Diomande. He was brought in by Clement. He was posted missing yet again today. That’s 2 old firm games he did not dominate. Does this mean that the other players Clement brings in at that level won’t cut it?

I did watch the game. All the things you mention were in the 2nd half, when the 2 goals that won the game had already been scored and the game was gone. The same pattern as his other 2 games against them. Same old story. 1st half collapse. Rally a bit. Not enough.

Maybe if he'd played 3 in the middle like everybody else thought he should, Sterling could've covered Lundstram's laziness (which hasn't just reared its head today) for the crucial first goal.
Absolutely, it's a possibility. Hypothetical though, and one thing we know for certain is that, regardless of the midfield he did pick, Lundstram didn't pick up O'Riley. Clement should have went with a midfield 3, bit that absolutely does not excuse Lundstram.

Ok who do we get that can guarantee success because that is what a lot want. Here's the news there is no one that can guarantee success especially when a support is so reactive.
You need time to change things, Gerrard did not win 55 in one season.
Clement needs to get his own players revamp the squad and then he can be judged. I think he has proved he should be given time. He inherited an injury prone,unblanced squad from a fraud Beale won the League Cup and but for the squads weakness dragged us to a League challenge.
This needs cool heads in the boardroom not another manager where we start again and again and again.
He has done this with one hand behind his back.
Sacking Clement would be pure madness

Most of us pointed out the need for a midfield 3, including Sterling. He stayed with Lundstram and Dio. Over ran again. Worrying.

I like Diomande. He was brought in by Clement. He was posted missing yet again today. That’s 2 old firm games he did not dominate. Does this mean that the other players Clement brings in at that level won’t cut it?

It was talked about all week yet we got the same old shit.

GvB, Beale now Clement. For once he actually had options to chose from in midfield yet chose to ignore them and select Lawrence.

We may have a meagre budget but do you really think that Celtic have such a superior team to us ? I think not AND they may not have a better budget when all the child abuse cases are dealt with.
Hey I totally agree with you .
Today was the strongest line up we could’ve put out, maybe Lawrence for Cantwell but that’s it.

Ridvan and Raskin obviously weren’t fit to play 90 minutes, neither have played much of at all for weeks, 20 minutes or so last weekend aside.

I get wanting to play Sterling in central midfield, but who do you play right wing because Wright and McCausland are quite poor. It made more sense bringing them on later once the game has stretched at least their pace can possibly create a chance.

If he’d changed shape and played say a diamond midfield and two upfront with Lundstram sitting and Dio and Sterling covering the central and wide areas that may have worked but then we’re risking Tav and Borna being doubled up on and with Celtic’s attacking movement it’s still a worry. It’s a very disciplined set up and our players are bad for switching off so the outcome would have been the same and folk would be moaning he changed shape for such a big game.

The squad is at its bare bones, with an injury occurring almost weekly.

I think Clement has got as much out of this squad as possible and has got us into a position we never thought we would be in.

We all know it’s a poor squad and want the majority to leave so what chance has Clement got?
Absolutely , Totally agree

Absolutely, it's a possibility. Hypothetical though, and one thing we know for certain is that, regardless of the midfield he did pick, Lundstram didn't pick up O'Riley. Clement should have went with a midfield 3, bit that absolutely does not excuse Lundstram.
No, it doesn't mate I agree. Lundstram is unforgiveable today.

Let's see if he starts the cup final though. If he does, what about Clement then? And I bet he will.

hes a long ball merchant and you can see how he won games with those tactics in other leagues where teams dont sit back against you 99% of the time in every game. That doesnt work in Scotland and he cant change the way he plays his football. We need somene who plays attacking football and PC is never going to be that guy.
I take it you have been following his career since 2017 and are obviously an expert on Belgian Football then? Respect.

Can i ask why though?

Or maybe you just made all that up to post a negative on PC?

Ok who do we get that can guarantee success because that is what a lot want. Here's the news there is no one that can guarantee success especially when a support is so reactive.
You need time to change things, Gerrard did not win 55 in one season.kadnesd
Clement needs to get his own players revamp the squad and then he can be judged. I think he ha sss proved he should be given time. He inherited an injury prone,unblanced squad from a fraud Beale won the League Cup and but for the squads weakness dragged us to a League challenge.
This needs cool heads in the boardroom not another manager where we start again and again and again.
He has done this with one hand behind his back.
Sacking Clement would be pure madness
I don't think he has proved anything tbh. He has a worse record than Beale.

We only got back into the league because Celtic were dropping points left right and centre while Clement beat teams we should be beating. He has had 3 old firm games now and all 3 have been a shambles.

He then overseen some of the worst performances I’ve seen losing to Motherwell at home, Ross county then dropping points to Dundee when we were in pole position.

I’m not fully against him but it gets more worrying every week. This team has 0 style whatsoever. Horrific to watch! Everyone knew we needed dig in the middle. He plays Lawrence ? Worst for me is the shite he hits out with at press conferences. We deserved to win 2-1 more. We’re the moral winners. Blah blah. Worrying for me

As I understand it mate none of the young boys you refer to are good enough to play in our first team, and am sorry to say that includes McCausland.

I agree a clear out is needed but we need an influx of winners, strong characters, first team picks that are undroppable, particularly right across our back 4.
Leagues gone so there's zero harm in getting some of the young guys time.

Some aren't good enough but 1st team minutes are an important developmental step for any player. It's better than watching the shame shite whi aren't going to be here in 3 league games times.

Clement has an unhealthy obsession with only playing players who are 100% fit and would rather start worse players. Ridvan could easily have started today and came off later in the game if he was struggling. Today wasn't the day for being precautious.
What's infuriating is is said as much in the presser.

Hey, at least Yilmaz might be able to play 90 minutes before the season is out.

What's infuriating is is said as much in the presser.

Hey, at least Yilmaz might be able to play 90 minutes before the season is out.
Yep. He can play the full 90 in the meaningless games now, I’m delighted.

It's very simple.

He either wins the cup final or he goes into next season under a needless and unrelenting amount of pressure.

Like it or not, if you can't beat Celtic then you're not going to last long as Rangers manager.

Oh, and gut that dressing room.

Need the 'leadership' out if he doesn't he'll be out as well, seen this season after season cmon, enoughs enough.

I don't see where the argument that he had no options today. Lundstram should have been nowhere near that line up. Midfield should have been Sterling Raskin and Diomande, McCausland on the right and Ridvan at LB. We needed energy in the middle yet we went with the predictable slow and boring approach.

Clement has done this to himself by failing to learn by mistakes and sticking with players who continue to let him down.

I don't see where the argument that he had no options today. Lundstram should have been nowhere near that line up. Midfield should have been Sterling Raskin and Diomande, McCausland on the right and Ridvan at LB. We needed energy in the middle yet we went with the predictable slow and boring approach.

Clement has done this to himself by failing to learn by mistakes and sticking with players who continue to let him down.
There is zero guarantee that midfield does any better than the one that played

They have the CL money and players worth money that other teams will want and that they can cash in on. We have neither.

Provided they don’t make an arse of recruitment they are set for next season and beyond, in comparison we are in utter disarray in terms of the squad.
OK What do you mean by next season and BEYOND? Who knows what lies beyond . How much will they need to pay out on child abuse ? And regardless of you saying we have neither CL money or players we can cash in on , we have fans that will follow regardless . Can you really say Celtic would have survived IF they had been put down to the bottom league? They couldn't nearly fill their stadium when we were down . Sell out Saturday . AYE RIGHT!!!!

Deserves the chance to have his own players and get rid of the serial losers. We had no right even getting back in the title race with that squad.
His own players being touted at the moment seem to be foreigners or English championship level freebies. So not entirely hopeful on that front.

OK What do you mean by next season and BEYOND? Who knows what lies beyond . How much will they need to pay out on child abuse ? And regardless of you saying we have neither CL money or players we can cash in on , we have fans that will follow regardless . Can you really say Celtic would have survived IF they had been put down to the bottom league? They couldn't nearly fill their stadium when we were down . Sell out Saturday . AYE RIGHT!!!!

Which is all completely irrelevant to the point under discussion, unless the “fans that will follow regardless” can put on some shirts and play.

Might actually be an upgrade on some of this lot.

Not the man for the job I see no style of play structure or shape out of possession.

Needs to win cup final buy himself some credit with support.

I hope he can turn it around but I think he be gone by September

It's been the status quo for years. Its also been the case for years that if Rangers could build a team that don't fear them they can overcome them. Gerrard proved this, we failed to build and allowed that season to be just a blimp.

They are still a team that when pressed, don't like it.

In 3 years, Celtic will still be the team that spends more than their rivals while failing in Europe. The question is, can we build the team that makes their business model unstainable

Back