Club 1872 Director's Resignation

IMO c1872 has now reached the point of being classed as toxic and I struggle to see how that opinion is likely to change

There’s been several changes on the board and yet still it goes round in circles with in fighting and as always, folk chasing blazers

Even a full new board would struggle to attract new members IMO

You are a very very negative poster. That is saying something for FF.

I'll bet your not a member of C1872.

That post is bullshit.

We don't need a whole new Directorship. Maybe new directors. So join up and do something positive. But for fuçk sake try and stop pissing in to the tent. Daaaaaamn this place is full of throbbery today!

When we started RF it was an all consuming affair, my son spent 16 hours a day on social media and I was constantly getting in touch with ex players , business people, anyone I knew who was a Rangers fanwe were having mettins in The Louden nearly every week and it was working, wevreportedly had 14000 members but that figure has caused some dispute, but it was certainly high.
I believe ( not looking for an argument ) that 1872 is now seen as being run by certain people like The RST of old and I think that is a problem

was there ever a chance of any former player fronting it as i think this is something that could help 1872 going forward there just seems a lack of trust amongst the fans, and i am a member of 1872

was there ever a chance of any former player fronting it as i think this is something that could help 1872 going forward there just seems a lack of trust amongst the fans, and i am a member of 1872
he original idea was for Richard Gough to front it., I asked Richard and he said he would be happy to be the face of RF, But after a meeting with Dave King, who asked Richard to be his guy, it was a no brainer that Richard went with him.
But other players like Jorg Albertz and John Brown paid their £500 life memberships, Then when RF had elections, I proposed Richard to give us a bit of glamour, which he did

Really pissed off at Club 1872. they are supposed to represent the fans but never speak up properly on any subject. They are far to soft towards the board. They should be the people leading the charge to find answers and to make sure last Sunday does not happen again. Complete waste of space they are.

he original idea was for Richard Gough to front it., I asked Richard and he said he would be happy to be the face of RF, But after a meeting with Dave King, who asked Richard to be his guy, it was a no brainer that Richard went with him.
But other players like Jorg Albertz and John Brown paid their £500 life memberships, Then when RF had elections, I proposed Richard to give us a bit of glamour, which he did

appreciate the reply, i would still like to see someone like John Brown who obviously has the best interests of the club at heart front this as most fans wont know who any of the directors are i also think there should be more updates on the current work being done, this should be available to members and non members as the only real post on social media are trying to get money and new members.

appreciate the reply, i would still like to see someone like John Brown who obviously has the best interests of the club at heart front this as most fans wont know who any of the directors are i also think there should be more updates on the current work being done, this should be available to members and non members as the only real post on social media are trying to get money and new members.
John is an ideal guy but with working with the club would rule him out

When we started RF it was an all consuming affair, my son spent 16 hours a day on social media and I was constantly getting in touch with ex players , business people, anyone I knew who was a Rangers fanwe were having mettins in The Louden nearly every week and it was working, wevreportedly had 14000 members but that figure has caused some dispute, but it was certainly high.
I believe ( not looking for an argument ) that 1872 is now seen as being run by certain people like The RST of old and I think that is a problem

For me it’s about expectations. Setting expectations with both the board and the fan on objectives. And providing the required transparency.

Maybe resetting expectations.

Like I say, great platform just needs to be expanded on.

No doubt that will take a lot of time.

James was the Legal brains and one of the prime movers of RF, when the members decided to vote for to join up with the RST I proposed him as I knew he would make sure the organisation would be set up properly.
He agreed to stand for one year which he did,while he was there it was decided at a members meeting that no one should be involved with 1872 while employed by the club. So wanting a Director on board of RFC is to me is a non starter[/QUOTE]
Robert I get your point.

I do though think C1872 should be treated as a major shareholder and get access to Directors so they can ask the awkward questions that sometimes need answered and not just at the annual shareholders meeting.

SR is becoming more toxic by the day, rightly or wrongly, and people have lost faith in him so getting access to him for him to swat away is not what members of C1872 want.

The infighting at C1872 is doing more harm than good

You are a very very negative poster. That is saying something for FF.

I'll bet your not a member of C1872.

That post is bullshit.

We don't need a whole new Directorship. Maybe new directors. So join up and do something positive. But for fuçk sake try and stop pissing in to the tent. Daaaaaamn this place is full of throbbery today!

I was a member of c1872 from the start, prior to that RF. I cancelled my c1872 membership, reinstated it then cancelled again after their shambolic cop out statement last month.

In what way is my post bullshit?

The c1872 name IMO is now toxic. There’s a reason why membership hasn’t increased in some time now and has infact decreased.

Constant infighting is doing it no good and IMO barring a miracle, it’s never going to grow into the potential it had at first as folks minds are made up on it now

As for being a negative poster, that is laughable

Because I’m not jumping for joy at the shambles our club is just now on and off the park, I am negative.

I’d say I’m a realist

Really pissed off at Club 1872. they are supposed to represent the fans but never speak up properly on any subject. They are far to soft towards the board. They should be the people leading the charge to find answers and to make sure last Sunday does not happen again. Complete waste of space they are.

As I posted above, the probelm is expectations of what people want from a supporters organisation.

I was in the RST, I continue to put money into club1872 and was commuted to doing this until I retire.

Any talk of another split and I’m done no new project will be getting my hard earned money.

I was in the RST, I continue to put money into club1872 and was commuted to doing this until I retire.

Any talk of another split and I’m done no new project will be getting my hard earned money.
A split would be the end of a fans voice but it is all down to perception

Which was my chief reservation for the merger

I don't have a list but quite a few bought lifetime memberships, First 3 I asked Was Goughie , Bomber and big Jorg
Sadly they are not involved they paid £500 and disappeared,if we want to know the membership numbers, then we have to ask, not how many members, but how many DDs are they collecting.

They do not represent the fans Bro, they represent their members

why would that be a reservation wrt the merger?
I think what he is meaning that for whatever reason The RST were not liked by a very large majority of the support who seen them as ignoring their members and controlling what the committee wanted to drive forward ( not my opinion ) and that is the reason RF took off, well that and a lot of work.
Certain people now see 1872 being run and controlled by ex RST members and quite simply they don't like it.
I have no proof one way or other if Chris is being paid or by whom, and frankly I don't care,to be honest I would like to see him on the board of 1872, but if it is true, how can 1872 complain about lack of transparency by the Club

There were RST members, who didn't meet my criteria.

What criteria is that?

Why would it be a concern as Robert didnt say 1872 was RST ran it is being perceived the way it was with RST a completely different thing.

People will perceptive things how they want to in order to fit their agenda. 1872 is being run by the people who elected them, the members.

RST were not ignoring members, but we wont go down that road again. All water under the bridge and time to take 1872 forward.

I think what he is meaning that for whatever reason The RST were not liked by a very large majority of the support who seen them as ignoring their members and controlling what the committee wanted to drive forward ( not my opinion ) and that is the reason RF took off, well that and a lot of work.
Certain people now see 1872 being run and controlled by ex RST members and quite simply they don't like it.
I have no proof one way or other if Chris is being paid or by whom, and frankly I don't care,to be honest I would like to see him on the board of 1872, but if it is true, how can 1872 complain about lack of transparency by the Club

Your suspicions are way off the mark, so they tell you nothing about the people running the organisation. Much like the OP's ramblings.

If this is how he behaves then the cause of fan ownership and representation is better off without. It needs serious people with a bit of discipline to keep these things on track.
They're not ramblings though are they? They are serious specific allegations from a former director against other directors, who are accused of putting their own positions before that of the members they are supposed to represent, which have, as yet, not been answered or responded to.

So my question is, how do you know his allegations are unfounded? Why are they 'ramblings'? Please back this up with some facts because I for one would like to know. As of right now, to the neutral watching this conversation, all you're offering is an unfounded character assasination of the OP. Why? So far you've painted him as a mysoginist, lying, undisciplined, petty, resentful troublemaker without submitting one shred of evidence. That's quite a description by someone supposedly not involved, who doesn't know him or the situations he's alluding to, who convienently created an account on the very same day to do so.

All I know for sure is that there's a serious disconnect between C1872 and the opinion of fans. And this is somewhat backed up by the OP's statement. I'm afraid all you are doing, rather than discrediting him, as is obviously your aim, is stoking the fire even more in my eyes. You're giving him more credibility and at this moment in time I know whom I'm more likely to believe.

What criteria is that?

Why would it be a concern as Robert didnt say 1872 was RST ran it is being perceived the way it was with RST a completely different thing.
Well you pays your cash and you make the choice, I perceived that it would ultimately run by RST so I voted against.

Strangely enough when James Blair was appointed as Rangers Secretary. some of the current 1872 Board were saying it was a conflict of interest and that no one who had a paid job at Ibrox should be a 1872 Director. What has changed ?
I have said openly at 1872 meetings, how can you be Independent if you have a Director on Rangers Board ?

But you proposed James Blair (Gough was his seconder) to the Club1872 board despite the blatant CoI?

Surely a contradiction??

But you proposed James Blair (Gough was his seconder) to the Club1872 board despite the blatant CoI?

Surely a contradiction??
Who nominated and seconded James Blair for a place on the board of Club1872 given the blatant CoI?
I did, but at the time their was nothing against this, 1872 then adopted the rule that no one who is on 1872 should be employed by the Club ( was after the application by one of 1872 board had applied for a position at Rangers )
So in the here and now it is against their own rules / recommendation and would be classed as a conflict of interest.
if they want to be Independent, They can't put forward for a board position or have anyone being paid by Rangers

Sadly they are not involved they paid £500 and disappeared,if we want to know the membership numbers, then we have to ask, not how many members, but how many DDs are they collecting.
I don't think any of the players have been asked apart from a wee video message which they done
Goughie and Bomber are both working with Rangers so that wouldd rule them out

I don't think any of the players have been asked apart from a wee video message which they done
Goughie and Bomber are both working any former player to take awith Rangers so that wouldd rule them out
Goughie and Bomber are both working with Rangers so that wouldd rule them out
What I mean is they don't contribute further

I sent an email to Club1872 asking for clarification on the role Chris Graham has, hoping for a response.

Here is your reply....

giphy.gif

I did, but at the time their was nothing against this, 1872 then adopted the rule that no one who is on 1872 should be employed by the Club ( was after the application by one of 1872 board had applied for a position at Rangers )
So in the here and now it is against their own rules / recommendation and would be classed as a conflict of interest.
if they want to be Independent, They can't put forward for a board position or have anyone being paid by Rangers
Are you saying Club 1872's objective to put a member on the Rangers board is against their own rules? The Rangers board aren't salaried. What other reasons do you have for thinking C1872 can't put a member on the club board?

Are you saying Club 1872's objective to put a member on the Rangers board is against their own rules? The Rangers board aren't salaried. What other reasons do you have for thinking C1872 can't put a member on the club board?
What I am saying and quite clearly is that you cannot be be Independent if you have a member on two boards. Was not always the case, but after a member of the 1872 board last year applied for a post with Rangers it was made clear that they believed that should not be the case in the future,I was at the meeting when it was discussed.
Do you need more than one reason ?

The 1872 Board should be transparent and open, if they are doing anything, let the members know and i'm sure they will get their backing.
When you start to hide things, that's when people get annoyed and stop paying money

What I am saying and quite clearly is that you cannot be be Independent if you have a member on two boards. Was not always the case, but after a member of the 1872 board last year applied for a post with Rangers it was made clear that they believed that should not be the case in the future,I was at the meeting when it was discussed.
Do you need more than one reason ?

Other supporters trusts manage it.

The dual board member simply declares a conflict of interest prior to any relevant vote and abstains.

The dual board member simply declares a conflict of interest prior to any relevant vote and abstains.
The RIFC Board member need not be an c1872 board member or even a member, I would appoint a person to represent our membership.from the applicants.

Yes and that was my argument for James Blair but 1872 moved the goalposts.

In my opinion there is no way I could be on any board and not have a COI with Rangers

Back