Club 1872 Statement

The part that angers me most is that our game wasn’t on the TV or the radio. Almost literally nobody would have heard it if the bbc hadn’t played it on the news complete with subtitles due to the fact you could scarcely make it out.

They’re sectarianism was live on tv ffs! I don’t recall the bbc replaying that clip. There would have been no need to subtitle it either because it was as clear as fckn day.

Brass neck wanks don’t even try to pretend their impartial anymore.

Last edited:
Why would you think I see it as a negative?
However, as much as you want to put it out there you know who is involved in its content the fact remains this is a Club 1872 statement. It represents concerns expressed by members, and no doubt the wider support too in this case. Their statement outlines what Club 1872 are willing to do to tackle the problem, and it also gives Club 1872's opinion of Scotland's "sectarian landscape". Club 1872 issue statements on behalf of its members, not Rangers.
No idea, which is why I asked. I would have guessed that every supporter of the club would be happy if they were working alongside fans groups on issues that effect us all.

I also have no idea who has said what, to whom, so there is nothing for me to want to 'put out there', I am simply applying basic logic and the evidence of the previous double-barrelled approach to the ref issue.

Why would your default opinion be that Rangers and the support do not have similar thoughts and would need differing sentiments to be expressed? Why can the board not harbour the same concerns as the rest of us? Why would they not use every tool at their disposal, especially when the issue is clearly mutually beneficial?

No idea, which is why I asked. I would have guessed that every supporter of the club would be happy if they were working alongside fans groups on issues that effect us all.

I also have no idea who has said what, to whom, so there is nothing for me to want to 'put out there', I am simply applying basic logic and the evidence of the previous double-barrelled approach to the ref issue.

Why would your default opinion be that Rangers and the support do not have similar thoughts and would need differing sentiments to be expressed? Why can the board not harbour the same concerns as the rest of us? Why would they not use every tool at their disposal, especially when the issue is clearly mutually beneficial?
Sorry mate, I can't be bothered getting into this any further.

Great statement but they should have pointed out that KB was treated even worse than the alky Clarke as KB was hit by coins.

Somehow SC treatment is worse than that of KB.

Sorry guys but you're just not getting the modus operandi here.
Celtc have been using their "arms length" organisations to get their message across, with great effect, for many years.
Northampton Loyalist encapsulated it perfectly with a comment he made in a previous post.
"I will add that anyone who thinks there was no level of discussion between the two before King's and this statement is about as naive as it is possible to be. Exactly the same thing happened last week/earlier this week regarding referees; Platitudes from the club, harder hitting from the support. One group can be fined as a member of the SFA. One can't. It is hardly rocket science to join the dots."
Actually mate I do get it .but for some reason I doubt that the club are using club1872 as an unofficial mouth piece.don,t get me wrong I May well be wrong on the subject and I honestly hope that I am..

An absolutely fantastic statement, points out exactly why the vast majority of Rangers fans have been annoyed these past 48 hours. We as a support are not perfect and Wednesday night showed that much work is still required but we are not the only sinners, no matter what the media might say or suggest.

For the whole of the Scottish media to hammer our support for doing the exact same as the fans of our rivals only 3 days earlier but somehow this managed to go completely unreported, must be seen as the last straw.

Well done to Club1872 for highlighting the hypocrisy that permeates the media when it comes to (almost) all thing concerning our Club.

Brilliant statement. The same one sided sectarian argument has been used by republicans and their sidekicks for years.
Only Catholics were discriminated against. They used this as an excuse for 30 years of mayhem in NI.

Actually mate I do get it .but for some reason I doubt that the club are using club1872 as an unofficial mouth piece.don,t get me wrong I May well be wrong on the subject and I honestly hope that I am..
I genuinely do think that our club are working VERY closely with Club1872 to get our message across while at the same time avoiding any potential repercussions as Club1872 aren't "official" spokespeople of the club.
As I said earlier, the humphies have been using the same tactic with great effect for many years and I'm just delighted that we've finally wisened up and are now applying the same way of getting our message across to the wider public/media.
Personally I think Rangers and Club1872 are playing a blinder!

I genuinely do think that our club are working VERY closely with Club1872 to get our message across while at the same time avoiding any potential repercussions as Club1872 aren't "official" spokespeople of the club.
As I said earlier, the humphies have been using the same tactic with great effect for many years and I'm just delighted that we've finally wisened up and are now applying the same way of getting our message across to the wider public/media.
Personally I think Rangers and Club1872 are playing a blinder!
You,'re properly right mate..totally agree with you mate they have played a blinder.

They should have paid for a full page spread in the daily rebel for that statement. This is what the fighting fund should have been for, not a bloody fans enclosure for the youth team.
We need to fight now and have no funds!

It’s high time the club itself stopped ducking the issue and called all these poisonous c@nts out stating exactly what they are all about. It’s annoying because something else will happen sooner or later and it will be ground hog day yet again for bears.

The toys have come out of Clarke’s pram after a defeat and his season is over, he acted like a low-life and started the beef with his comments on our game which didn’t involve his team and of course this little outburst after the defeat and obvious contempt for Rangers will do his chance to be filth FCs next manager no harm.

He’s clearly not as clever as Lennon but just as rancid and seemingly not bothered by the fact he had jack shit to say about Boyd getting it from the mhanky mob, the bitter b@stard is a liar saying he wasn’t aware of it and isn’t it an absolute cesspit of a country these days.

Casting my mind back to the first derby game of the season at torbett towers when a 60,000 sell out was in full voice singing cheer up Steven Gerrard sad ORANGE b@ssa and our manager didn’t go squealing to the media trash merchants about it like a stroppy teenager who’s just had they’re Xbox confiscated nor did ANY of these vermin or army of anti sectarian moral crusaders highlight the sectarian singing soo Ppleeeease someone at Rangers and perhaps some person or people of good standing call out this garbage for the sham it really is.

The club 1872 statement is good, thoughtfully written and to the point but will be largely ignored in this rat infested wee backwater so I suggest C1872 try their best to make sure outlets such as sky sports and Talksport south of the border receive the statement and report it in the interests of balance seen as the Rangers support and our club have been shown in a bad light and have had to listen to condescending shite from arseholes such as Jim White and Celtic fan Alkie Brazil who was loving the chance to call Rangers fans knuckle draggers to a UK audience.

Last edited:
The part that angers me most is that our game wasn’t on the TV or the radio. Almost literally nobody would have heard it if the bbc hadn’t played it on the news complete with subtitles due to the fact you could scarcely make it out.

They’re sectarianism was live on tv ffs! I don’t recall the bbc replaying that clip. There would have been no need to subtitle it either because it was as clear as fckn day.

Brass neck wanks don’t even try to pretend their impartial anymore.
Wow never knew that happened,but would,nt put it past them.

Why would you see it as a negative if the club had been involved on some level with the statement?

Surely we should all be delighted if the club and the main supporters group were working closely together on matters such as this? Nobody at all has looked to taker any shine off anyone; The statement is a very, very good one and Rangers being involved on any level does not change that.

I will add that anyone who thinks there was no level of discussion between the two before King's and this statement is about as naive as it is possible to be. Exactly the same thing happened last week/earlier this week regarding referees; Platitudes from the club, harder hitting from the support. One group can be fined as a member of the SFA. One can't. It is hardly rocket science to join the dots.
Well said.

Hit the nail in the head with this post

Excellent statement but not one the biased mhedia, politicians or footballing bodies will want to engage with as it involves telling it like it is with (no) respect to their rancid, yet beloved Celtc.

Good statement, just wish it stated that the worst case of sectarianism within a Scottish football ground recently was when there were effigies of a Rangers fan and an orangeman hanging from Celtic park yet we didn't hear a peep from any anti-sectarian groups, media or politicians

Poor statement. It comes out as petty. Just like me on Twitter but not the tone I want from my supporters association.

I don't think it's petty. It states the case as we all, with the exception of your good self, agree with and have been saying for ages. I understand that you might want it stronger but it has to be said in a reasonable and civil way in order not to come across simply as a supporters rant.:cool:

W.A.T.P.

Brilliant statement - absolutely nails the double standards that we are currently seeing in this country and shows up some of the hopeless fools for what they are.

A statement that totally and accurately sums up the feelings of Rangers fans and tells the simple truth.

I hope there is now a consistent message from all connected to the club.

Back