Club statement on hibs ticketing

The only thing for me here is the "the decision which beggars belief" part of the statement.

Now we've come out and slammed Hibs I don't feel they'll be too keen to be seen as hypocrites by cutting Celtic's allocation in the Broomloan.

You can't slag one team for cutting the allocation then do the same yourselves.

Still hoping we do it just saying.

We use it as an opportunity to show it can be done. On the grounds of safety.

Then again.... our board don't seem to care much about the safety of their own support being attacked at Ibrox. :(

The only thing for me here is the "the decision which beggars belief" part of the statement.

Now we've come out and slammed Hibs I don't feel they'll be too keen to be seen as hypocrites by cutting Celtic's allocation in the Broomloan.

You can't slag one team for cutting the allocation then do the same yourselves.

Still hoping we do it just saying.
I did notice that.

Statement states "RANGERS notes Hibernian’s decision to cut our supporters’ ticket allocation for the final match of the Scottish Premiership season at Easter Road on Saturday, May 13".
However, May 13 is a Sunday not a Saturday.

No more statements please Rangers, Act, cut allocations to the other clubs. If we don't act now the other clubs will continue to do what they want/like with us and we'll roll over and have out tummies tickled!

We make no statement and people criticise the club, we make a statement and people are saying it’s ‘rushed’, ‘written by somebody on the bevvy’, ‘what are Hibs doing wrong here?’ :D:D The club are in a no win situation, we can’t agree on a single thing as a support.

Hibs in heir right to cut it if they sell out their ends but we are equally in our rights to tell them they are getting 500 or less forever more at our stadium.
Yip. End of the day we know we aren’t going to miss them much if we cut theirs. But next season when they are back squandering in the bottom 6 they are sure as hell going to miss us...

We make no statement and people criticise the club, we make a statement and people are saying it’s ‘rushed’, ‘written by somebody on the bevvy’, ‘what are Hibs doing wrong here?’ :D:D The club are in a no win situation, we can’t agree on a single thing as a support.

I think the timing and nature of it has surprised many

If this was tomorrow at 10am it might have been different

I would imagine that puts the end to the hope of celtic getting put somewhere else at Ibrox

Last edited:
I think the timing and nature of it has surprised many

If this was tomorrow at 10am it might have been different

What difference does it make? Does it not make sense to get our message out tonight before the papers go to press? That would be my guess as to why it’s been put out tonight.

We shouldn`t need a statement as such on this. Us the fans should be able to respond to this.

Don`t ever step foot in the place again. Simples..

But never a hope in hell of happening. Who am I trying to kid.

What difference does it make? Does it not make sense to get our message out tonight before the papers go to press? That would be my guess as to why it’s been put out tonight.

It just think it is unprofessional due the nature and timing of it

Release a statement at better time is all I say

Actions speak louder than words.....

We'll see what action is taken next season.

Correct a better statement would have been, “we have informed “that lot” we don’t want any tickets from them for this game not now or anytime in the future. We can ensure our support that we will also offer no allocation to them for Ibrox ever again and certainly we won’t be extending any of their employees any sort of hospitality whatsoever beyond their base needs for playing a fixture, we like you think they are a bunch of in bred HIV riddled junkie bastards!!”

It just think it is unprofessional due the nature and timing of it

Release a statement at better time is all I say

Fair enough but I just think the club can’t win at the moment, regardless of what they do.

Who writes these statements? the message is valid but there's way to write it without sounding petulant.

I no longer go to away games so this will not affect me but our board must act against the tims and get them in that part of the ground that all others go.

Agree with statement.

However, we're always reactionary with this, and it makes us look weak or bitter (at least its spun that way). We've had good reason not to be good "customers" to Hibs in recent years - Petrie, them not selling to us, not loaning to us, Hampden, lack of decency following Hampden etc etc. Now this.

If we are getting for example 40 % of what we normally get at that place, immediately give them 40% of what they sold last time they were at Ibrox.
Other option is to politely refuse all tickets for Easter Rd until a "standard" amount is given to Rangers for Easter Road matches, same amount each time. I.e. One whole end.
Make an example of one team in Scotland and hit them in the pocket. Let's make it Hibs
The others will notice.

We use it as an opportunity to show it can be done. On the grounds of safety.

Then again.... our board don't seem to care much about the safety of their own support being attacked at Ibrox. :(

I honestly don't think they are remotely interested in cutting it but I sincerely hope they do. Papa Smurf has put too much time and energy into it for them to just ignore it.

But I don't think they care. Pay your ST money, buy the shirts, don't complain, repeat.

Usual negative slant by the usual suspect. What a surprise.
The statement is petulant with mistakes in it.

If you believe its anything more than a statement attempting to get fans onside by lapping it up, then fair doos.

We’ll see when Hibs come to Ibrox next year eh? With the same allocation.

I’d prefer they liased with Hibs behind the scenes, I want as many of our fans at away games as possible.

Reactions: SE5
I normally say 'ignore the poetothy behaviour of bheggars' but not in this case.

Good stuff!

Maybe now you will agree to put the real bheggars' in the away corner like all the other clubs that visit Ibrox.

Oh and 'this particular club' supporters attacked our players on the the pitch and we done zilch.

You better be true to your word Rangers .... Never forget. Never forgive.

That's false the club quite happily worked in tandem with the Scottish Volkspolizei in hounding those who prevented them attacking our end .

Then you have the club knowingly taking money off people who they knew were going to get their doors put in on a trumped up charge and through that would lose their season ticket without a refund . Whilst it might not be illegal it is morally dubious in the extreme

Back