Club statement on SFA charges

They don’t have an MD, we don’t have a CEO, they are both the senior executive at their respective clubs.
Ones had a decade plus to dictate the narrative and exploit power one way, 6 years of that without us.
This isn't a defence of SR btw just fail to see the parallels

We are so poor at standing up for ourselves. The whole Morelos interview has been turned on its head, Mick Beale and the suspension and even stupid things like that stupid author talking about the turnberry deal Describing us as a toxic brand, that would have been taken down after 10 mins of it was about the other lot if it made it up there at all.

We just aren’t proactive at all. As it stands at the minute Jim Traynor is a devise figure is doing us more harm than good.
I’m glad someone else see’s Traynor this way as my thoughts exactly

Are they still looking into the UEFA licence (2011-12)?
Yes they are.
The previous CO dismissed 2 complaints as he resigned, and raised another 2 and left them on the desk for his successor.
These are as far as I know, still sitting in her pending tray almost 18 months later, awaiting action to be taken. The contents of these complaints have never been made public.
They are presumed to be reliant on evidence given by Craig Whyte being truthful. Good luck with making that the case for the prosecution.
The SFA have sine died CW from any activity within Scottish football but are apparently willing to accept his word as gospel in this case.

Any news on the outcome of the hearings set for today, or are they still in session?
From https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

Thursday 6 February 2020
Alleged Party in Breach: Michael Beale, Team Staff, Rangers FC
Match: Celtic FC v Rangers FC
Date: Sunday 29 December 2019
Competition: Scottish Premiership
Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:
Disciplinary Rule 203 – No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match.
Principal hearing date: Thursday 6 February 2020
Outcome:
Suspension of 5 matches applied as follows: 3 matches immediate and 2 matches suspended until the End of Season 2019/20

Peter Lawwell or Stewart Robertson?
Which one would you rather have on your side in a war of words, battle of wits, or a good old barney?
Which one is fighting a war to the death, and which one is vainly trying to win over a hostile media and hostile officialdom by appeasing them at every turn?
What one has the Irish mafia on their side. What one is supported by the Scottish wing of the Ira.

Aww well maybe Boris will back is up and set in about them like the snazis do us. Here is hoping.

What one has the Irish mafia on their side. What one is supported by the Scottish wing of the Ira.

Aww well maybe Boris will back is up and set in about them like the snazis do us. Here is hoping.

Lol, you got a knot in your panties, love?

I won't hold my breath, however, I wonder if we have been awaiting the hearing/kangaroo Court outcome before issuing a further statement?

Aye, we were keeping our powder dry.:(:mad:

I wonder what SoS think of the goings on and spineless jellies in the boardroom? I take it 1872 have no thoughts on the matter either?

This still stinks of the authorities having something over us that's holding us back from responding.

It goes way beyond dignified silence.

So we're also being blackmailed?

The Club needs to confront the issues instead of hiding behind random snide statements from Traynor. It really is the epitome of bark with no bite.

Traynor needs replaced with a more aggressive Rangers-minded PR appointment. We miss the confrontational and public style of the RST.

He just needs to tell the truth or hire somebody who can.

He could even do it via written interview with the club website
This is above him now, probably always has been. Whether that's because he's out of his depth or not you'd expect/hope King comes out all guns blazing in his final weeks as Chairman.
The fact we are being trod on by every Tom dick and Theresa probably means we need a re jig upstairs of personnel and job description

It's unfathomable to me that the board would release a statement within which they say they will be releasing a further statement after the weekend to then not do so.

Doesn't that even embarrass them in the slightest? I just don't get it. Especially with everything else that has happened SINCE that statement!

Patience is starting to wear thin with the board. They have been afforded a lot more time than anyone else surely would've, given what they have done for us over the past few years but that only goes so far!

So we're also being blackmailed?

The Club needs to confront the issues instead of hiding behind random snide statements from Traynor. It really is the epitome of bark with no bite.

Traynor needs replaced with a more aggressive Rangers-minded PR appointment. We miss the confrontational and public style of the RST.
Get big Mark Dingwall in there!

Sadly we need more than statements. Time to bin Traynor's company if they are behind this. Our PR needs to be far, far, better than this. They cant even get the grammar right. It's Rangers ARE astounded, not Rangers is astounded. Even a Primary School student should know that let alone someone paid as a writter. I'm beginning to think they have killed off all the proofreaders in the world. More evidence, if needed, of the dumbing down of society caused by email and texting. No one seems to both anymore.

Wrong.

We've made it clear there's more to come.
...or are fobbing us off hoping we'll forget about it.

What is this about specifically anyway? Did one of our players get cited by the Compliance Officer today? I can't see anything on the club website to explain this, which is another issue with that stement. It's not only poorly written, it's clear as mud. It doesn't say what it is in relation to. Sadly it's indicative of the awful state of our PR. It really is time to get shot of Jim Traynor and get a modern and effective media company in charge of this aspect of our operations. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, and I don't know if he'd be up for it, but young Edgar would do a smashing job. Look at how he has built H&H from next to nothing into the best Rangers news channel about. It's far, far better than RTV, excluding the game footage content of course

Impossible given the officiating
Officiating isn't the reason we've thrown away the advantage we took from the piggery. It's abysmal dont get me wrong, and it needs addressed yesterday. However, 55 is still in our hands and can be done if we start turning our dominance into goals. We should be putting teams to the sword by 3 or 4 goals, including the poets. If we converted half our chances the most bent ref in the world couldnt stop us

Absolutely no point in producing a statement only for it to get laughed at. Anyone thinking a statement will change anything is delusional.

Sadly we need more than statements. Time to bin Traynor's company if they are behind this. Our PR needs to be far, far, better than this. They cant even get the grammar right. It's Rangers ARE astounded, not Rangers is astounded. Even a Primary School student should know that let alone someone paid as a writter. I'm beginning to think they have killed off all the proofreaders in the world. More evidence, if needed, of the dumbing down of society caused by email and texting. No one seems to both anymore.

A tad ironic, mate.

* It's "writer", not "writter", I also presume that you meant "bother" at the end?

A bag of commas and apostrophes would come in handy too.

Here's to the proofers!

We want a balanced view when it comes to Rangers, and as a board we will always defend Rangers Football Club.

We want a balanced view when it comes to Rangers, and as a board we will always defend Rangers Football Club.

And how many of our players have been assaulted since? Or had things thrown at them? And the club have said???????????

Just seems to me that when we do say/do anything - it's done in isolation. Rather than an actual policy. It's like "Well, that's that dealt with - let's file it away".

What is going on since Christmas is an unrelenting attack on our club, our brand, our institution and our employees. Thus far, the public image of this has been to sit back and take it. That simply cannot continue.

How can you take legal action when nothing’s happened yet? You do realise this thread was from last month?
Actually I didn't :oops:

Nevertheless, I'm tired of statements that read like they were written by a five-year-old and carry little weight

A tad ironic, mate.

* It's "writer", not "writter", I also presume that you meant "bother" at the end?

A bag of commas and apostrophes would come in handy too.

Here's to the proofers!
He's wrong also, "Rangers is" fits perfectly. Can't be arsed reading back, or even checking if it's in this same thread, but someone else explained why that was the case so i'm not going to bother repeating it. Safe to say the poster you quoted doesn't actually understand grammar as well as he thinks he does.

He's wrong also, "Rangers is" fits perfectly. Can't be arsed reading back, or even checking if it's in this same thread, but someone else explained why that was the case so i'm not going to bother repeating it. Safe to say the poster you quoted doesn't actually understand grammar as well as he thinks he does.
Rangers is a company.
Rangers are a club.
Either are fine.
And one will be used more than other depending on the context of the statement.

Rangers is a single thing so is fits fine. I’m not even a writter.

Officiating isn't the reason we've thrown away the advantage we took from the piggery. It's abysmal dont get me wrong, and it needs addressed yesterday. However, 55 is still in our hands and can be done if we start turning our dominance into goals. We should be putting teams to the sword by 3 or 4 goals, including the poets. If we converted half our chances the most bent ref in the world couldnt stop us

Celtic would probably have dropped points against Ross County and Hamilton, if not for a helping hand from refs.

Normal supporters like us aren't really in a position to give it to the board, but maybe some of the well-heeled could from their lofty position in the main stand. There are posters on here who are friends with the great and the good. Maybe they could articulate our feelings over a prawn sandwich or two?

The Board are duty bound to protect our club & having released an initial statement why has there been no follow up by them????

My understanding was that EUFA punish clubs for going outwith football to the law courts and that they grudgingly will allow going to CAS for adjudication ? I might be wrong though.
What worries me is that the SFA have parked that Celtic Supporters bullshit. Was it code 12 or something like that. Now that Lawwell has a seat with UEFA he will do his usual making friends to bend his way and it could then resurface.

Maybe we are dispensing with the statements and spending our time and money on lawyers letters. I live in hope.

Do we not get punished from uefa if we take a governing body to court

This always gets quoted, but in reality, what the %^*& are they going to do? If they said, "we exclude you from euro competion", take them to court as well, get an injunction.

This always gets quoted, but in reality, what the %^*& are they going to do? If they said, "we exclude you from euro competion", take them to court as well, get an injunction.
It’s their competition and clubs that participate fully accept their rules.

There is still a charge pending. Any comment from the club will not be forthcoming until that has been heard.
Actually there are 2 charges outstanding . Rule 204 vs Hibs on 20 Dec, and the scum on 29 Dec, Both charges adjourned to later date. :(

Update: Notice of Complaint | Rangers FC
Thursday 6 February 2020
Alleged Party in Breach: Rangers FC

Charge 1:

Match:
Hibernian FC v Rangers FC

Date: Friday 20 December 2019

Disciplinary Rule 204 - All Clubs and recognised football bodies shall procure that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players conduct themselves in an orderly fashion at all times during and/or after a match. In particular, Clubs and recognised football bodies are responsible for ensuring that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players refrain from any one or a combination of the following: (a) becoming involved in a confrontation (b) conduct that is likely to lead to or to exacerbate or prolong a hostile or argumentative situation with players and/or team staff from the opposing team and/or match officials (c) conduct that may otherwise incite disorder.

Charge 2:

Match:
Celtic FC v Rangers FC

Date: Sunday 29 December 2019

Disciplinary Rule 204 - All Clubs and recognised football bodies shall procure that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players conduct themselves in an orderly fashion at all times during and/or after a match. In particular, Clubs and recognised football bodies are responsible for ensuring that its officials, Team Staff, employees and players refrain from any one or a combination of the following: (a) becoming involved in a confrontation (b) conduct that is likely to lead to or to exacerbate or prolong a hostile or argumentative situation with players and/or team staff from the opposing team and/or match officials (c) conduct that may otherwise incite disorder.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 6 February 2020 - adjourned to later date

Celtic would probably have dropped points against Ross County and Hamilton, if not for a helping hand from refs.
If, but’s, maybes, mate. I’ve stopped looking at what the mentally challengeds do. We can still win 55 if we win ALL of our remaining games. Yes, it’s maybe a big ask to go half the season perfect, but it’s well within our capabilities if we start turning dominance into goals.

Rangers is a single thing so is fits fine. I’m not even a writter.
Disagree m8. You should even be saying there, ”Rangers are a single thing” Rangers are a club, a collective entity, not an individual. Theres no way the word “is” is correct. It’s a grammatical balls up from folk who do it repeatedly. It just shows the sorry state of our PR. When you talk about yourself do you say, “I is astonished”? No. When we discuss the club on here we use the term “we” not “I” so It really should read “Rangers are astonished” not “Rangers is astonished“.

Disagree m8. You should even be saying there, ”Rangers are a single thing” Rangers are a club, a collective entity, not an individual. Theres no way the word “is” is correct. It’s a grammatical balls up from folk who do it repeatedly. It just shows the sorry state of our PR. When you talk about yourself do you say, “I is astonished”? No. When we discuss the club on here we use the term “we” not “I” so It really should read “Rangers are astonished” not “Rangers is astonished“.
Nope. You wouldn't say Bob, for example, are astonished. It would be Bob is astonished.

Back