Club statement on SFA charges

Who knows what will happen if anything. I don’t and I suspect you don’t either. We can but hope that enough is enough and there is a statement issued that hits the target.

The statement will come after the hearing but before any official announcement that we have been found guilty. It will detail our evidence and be hopefully backed up by legal precedent etc. it will leave the SFA nowhere to go and they will need to either back down or face a legal challenge. Once they have backed down and found that there was no case to answer by Rangers, the filthy hoards will go into a major melt down. That is what I am hoping but I think it unlikely.

It depends on the content of any future statement. It doesn’t matter, to me, if the statement is tonight, tomorrow or next week. What is important is that if the Club have decided enough is enough, the statement hits the proverbial nail on the head.
Given our previous record I will guess that this will not be the case - although I do live in hope

The statement will come after the hearing but before any official announcement that we have been found guilty. It will detail our evidence and be hopefully backed up by legal precedent etc. it will leave the SFA nowhere to go and they will need to either back down or face a legal challenge. Once they have backed down and found that there was no case to answer by Rangers, the filthy hoards will go into a major melt down. That is what I am hoping but I think it unlikely.
Now that would be delicious - we live in hope

I'm writing it for the club but my dyslexia-tourettes has fuc**** sook my c*** ya 19th Century Terrorist clitoric B****ards has kikced in again.

I think our main point was about all clubs getting treated equally, so we should maybe be looking at other goal scoring gestures and handbags with the benches in other games as we are definitely getting treated differently from everyone else.

No statement imminent for me. Club will have rethought this and as a poster above mentions, keep the facts for the hearing and the statement primed for the aftermath

How long does it take to release a statement. As has been said the longer it goes the less impact it will have.
It’s got to go through head of statements , who reports to the statement committee. This is then referred to the statement director who reports to the board. Or like Warburton leaving they might just throw it out. Either works.

The Club Know What their doing.

Our frustration at not knowing what they are doing is understandable.

But don't let it fool you that the club does not know what they're doing.
Correct, think we are frustrated but can you imagine the big wigs at Hampden sitting around sweating at the thought of us coming out and calling them cheats. Let them sweat a bit more.

You've used the word 'Hope' a couple of times.

But here's the thing. What if the SFA don't back down?

You're going to need a wee bit more than hope.

Clancy's performance before the turn of the year was as big an open goal MISSED for us as Van Vossen's at the same venue.

We have allowed that ratbag and the authorities to wriggle and squirm off the hook. Our club, by our silence have allowed this.

I actually think it will be our club, rather than the SFA who will be left with nowhere to go.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Has there been any indication over the last 2 years that the club know what they're doing in either taking on the SFA, or improving our PR? We are absolutely hopeless in these areas. We can pretend all we like that we're somehow working quietly behind the scenes, but whatever we're doing, it's not effective in any measurable sense. The club simply takes it from all and sundry, and this unfounded trust that some fans have is bizarre.

If Robertson cannot step up and take effective measures, he needs to GTF asap.

Was talking about this today. Surely we should’ve heard some sort of follow up by now? Hopefully it’s worth the wait!

I think a lot of folk are kidding themselves if they think we will issue a hard hitting statement. We will make comment but it will be full of comments like for the good of Scottish football.

I want them to say our team and support have suffered through decisions and then list the incidents. We should stop being frightened to voice the opinions of our support as though we are frightened to upset anyone.

Our club have came out and stated that Rangers are refereed to a different standard, meaning the referee in the OF game was more lenient/beneficial towards Celtic. So what do the authorities do? Let said official referee this weekend's Celtic game.

fucking unbelievable!!
No, it's very believable

I'd like it to be hard hitting and calling out the main perpetrators however I can't see it happening.

I'm the king of fools then.

The club have allowed Clancy off the hook for the most biased, blatantly cheating refereeing performance we will ever witness.

But according to you, they've got a big Ace up their sleeve.

A previous poster has said the trust we have in the club when all previous points to a major let down for us is bizarre.

Rather, I think it is pathetic and clutching at straws.

I'm not interested in keeping our powder dry, or thinking something is happening 'behind' the scenes.

After the events of 29/12/2019 we wanted, and deserved action from the club.

Instead, we got a handful of nothing. Empty rhetoric.

Just as an aside.

How long are you prepared to give the club the benefit of the doubt in the hope they will come out and fight our corner?

Will that be after they deal with Bill Leckie, you reckon?

The club have allowed Clancy off the hook for the most biased, blatantly cheating refereeing performance we will ever witness.

A previous poster has said the trust we have in the club when all previous points to a major let down for us is bizarre.

I'm not interested in keeping our powder dry, or thinking something is happening 'behind' the scenes.

Just as an aside.

How long are you prepared to give the club the benefit of the doubt in the hope they will come out and fight our corner?

Imho they lost the benefit of the doubt long long ago. I personally will never be in a place where I hero worship ,or anything close to it, a board. In terms of PR we have a football management team that is brilliant in this area and a board that scores zero. The football side are lions lead by directorial lambs.

The club need to get lawyered up and go after these corrupt f**ks. It's the only language they understand. But I am very worried about the lack of action from our board. Time to step up and play as the song goes. The goodwill the board has with the fans will only go so far.

The SFA can't afford court cases as this has been exposed before. Unless Liewell covers their costs they will back down. Saying that our legal team are pathetic.

%^*& me what a place this is at times!
The ones greeting about a statement will most probably be the ones moaning about said statement in the coming days, the club are in a no lose situation at the moment as someone has alluded to further up the page, they will be biding their time for maximum effect but that still won't be good enough for some folk.

Our club have came out and stated that Rangers are refereed to a different standard, meaning the referee in the OF game was more lenient/beneficial towards Celtic. So what do the authorities do? Let said official referee this weekend's Celtic game.

fucking unbelievable!!

celtic will be winning 5-0 and he will award the most rediculous penalty even seen to make it 5-1. Then we will get, see he is against us., poor celtic. Mark my words.

Do they?

They've let the media and SFA spfl walk all over them for decades.
That I will not deny.

Different board. Different environment consumed by hate. Different kinds of enemies. An SFA polluted with the likes of mulrany and controlled by offices rammed with Tim's.

I still say it board know what they are doing. We might not like it. But they're better placed to deal with this in legal terms than you and I pp.

That I will not deny.

Different board. Different environment consumed by hate. Different kinds of enemies. An SFA polluted with the likes of mulrany and controlled by offices rammed with Tim's.

I still say it board know what they are doing. We might not like it. But they're better placed to deal with this in legal terms than you and I pp.

talk about stating the obvious imo but still doesnt detract from the fact this board, and previous boards have been a massive disappointment when it comes to dealing with the sfa/spfl/media

Just as an aside.

At no stage have I backed the board in this thread. No suggestion either that they can make a success of this...

Read my response above for my stance.

They know what they are doing. We might not like it. Like it or not. Give them a chance eh?

Part of these "charges" is failing to control players/staff and the Brendan bowl.

Some folk may disagree - but as far as I am concerned, the moving of the mhanky mhob to the corner was due to the behaviour of their players/staff. When the SFA did nothing.

Just as an aside.

I guess anything that is coming will be after the hearing in a couple of weeks.

At no stage have I backed the board in this thread. No suggestion either that they can make a success of this...

Read my response above for my stance.

They know what they are doing. We might not like it. Like it or not. Give them a chance eh?
When you say "the board know what they are doing" IMHO that is backing them.
You then say "No suggestion either that they can make a success of this..."
I'm confused, GG, they know what they are doing but you're not suggesting they can be successful. That doesn't make any sense.

talk about stating the obvious imo but still doesnt detract from the fact this board, and previous boards have been a massive disappointment when it comes to dealing with the sfa/spfl/media

It’s Stewart Robertson that is the problem.

It is great to see Rangers being aggressive. Hopefully this is just the beginning in bringing parity and competence into Scottish football.

Back