club statement

This was filed earlier this week against KRF Capital LLC in the Florida Southern District Court.

If anyone wants to buy the records, they are HERE.

The statement will be merely because someone has asked, but the company really has to say as little as possible in this situation.

Complaint alleging “Defendant has, without Rangers’ authorization, been approaching and actively soliciting potential “investors” and Rangers’ current corporate clients pitching an opportunity – that does not exist – to purchase an ownership interest in Rangers” in Rangers International Football Club Plc, described as “a Scottish public limited company with its principal place of business in Glasgow, Scotland” v. KRF Capital LLC, d.b.a. K Sports Capital, of Delaware, at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.

This was filed earlier this week against KRF Capital LLC in the Florida Southern District Court.

The statement will be merely because someone has asked, but the company really has to say as little as possible in this situation.

Edit: link deleted, already provided.

Complaint alleging “Defendant has, without Rangers’ authorization, been approaching and actively soliciting potential “investors” and Rangers’ current corporate clients pitching an opportunity – that does not exist – to purchase an ownership interest in Rangers” in Rangers International Football Club Plc, described as “a Scottish public limited company with its principal place of business in Glasgow, Scotland” v. KRF Capital LLC, d.b.a. K Sports Capital, of Delaware, at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
And HERE is the complaint.

Our claim is that we rejected an investment offer, but the company continued to try and raise funds under the pretence that they were acting with our support.

Last edited:

Kyle Fox
Partner
kfox@krfcap.com

Kyle has worked in capital markets for over 17 years led over $75bn of debt and equity transactions globally. Most recently she served as the Global Head of Capital Markets at HIG Capital. She founded the team and led over 60 debt financing transactions globally across their investment strategies including credit, real estate and LBO.

She has experience in sourcing and financing deal acquisitions and exits across the corporate, and real estate sector. She has work with private and public companies performing several roles including M&A advisor, investor, lender and borrower. Prior to HIG Capital, she has held various roles including at Lloyds Banking Group, Deutsche Bank and Duff & Phelps. With her wide network she manages and cultivates capital market relationships across a broad array of institutions. She has worked with leading Private Equity funds and has helped launched strong emerging funds. She has lived and worked in Asia, UK and the US.

Kyle holds a BA in Political Science and an MBA in finance from Fordham University.

:oops:

Kyle Fox
Partner
kfox@krfcap.com

Kyle has worked in capital markets for over 17 years led over $75bn of debt and equity transactions globally. Most recently she served as the Global Head of Capital Markets at HIG Capital. She founded the team and led over 60 debt financing transactions globally across their investment strategies including credit, real estate and LBO.

She has experience in sourcing and financing deal acquisitions and exits across the corporate, and real estate sector. She has work with private and public companies performing several roles including M&A advisor, investor, lender and borrower. Prior to HIG Capital, she has held various roles including at Lloyds Banking Group, Deutsche Bank and Duff & Phelps. With her wide network she manages and cultivates capital market relationships across a broad array of institutions. She has worked with leading Private Equity funds and has helped launched strong emerging funds. She has lived and worked in Asia, UK and the US.

Kyle holds a BA in Political Science and an MBA in finance from Fordham University.

Who is this Duff & Phelps? Anybody on here ever heard of them? :))

Kyle Fox
Partner
kfox@krfcap.com

Lloyds during our struggles too.

Kyle Fox
Partner
kfox@krfcap.com

She was an Associate there for a couple of years 2007 and 2008. Kroll (was Duff & Phelps) is a decent-sized firm so a junior role there isn't unusual.

I suspect the unseen 19th Century Terrorist hand is at work here, with Peter Liewell directing things in the background. I would hope Alistair Johnston is all over this with his US legal contacts.

Having seen that there is court paperwork,
I have a little doubt that the Scottish tabloids will pay the $400 odd required to see it.
The brief statement from Rangers may well have been prompted as a result of an inquiry from one of the rags.
More than likely a south Florida or even NYC-based news organization will have been in contact either directly with Rangers or contacted Scottish media.

Last edited:
Having seen that there is court paperwork,
I have a little doubt that the Scottish tabloids will pay the $400 odd required to see it.
The brief statement from Rangers may well have been prompted as a result of an inquiry from one of the rags.
More than likely a south Florida-based news organization will have been in contact either directly with Rangers or contacted Scottish media.
I have linked it above.

That’s an interesting read, to get an handle on what went on and how we responded at each stage.
It is an interesting read.

On the face of this, it should be open and shut. Either Fox has an engagement letter, with explicit grant of exclusivity and permission to use the "Marks", or she hasn't. RIFC's statements suggest that Bennet closed the door pretty firmly.

Our claim is that we rejected an investment offer, but the company continued to try and raise funds under the pretence that they were acting with our support.
The unauthorised use of out logos/IP rights should be an easy win. Haven’t a clue on where we stand with our chances of winning the more substantial case about them trying to find investors without our authorisation.

All decidedly odd, given we said we weren’t interested and then sent a cease and desist letter on 5 Aug and it was still ignored.

I am surprised that Bennet went as far as meeting them though.

Some of the comments amongst traders when the opportunity to invest arose are quite funny.

She was an Associate there for a couple of years 2007 and 2008. Kroll (was Duff & Phelps) is a decent-sized firm so a junior role there isn't unusual.
No info on the website about names of organizations they have apparently secured finance for.
Most reputable companies will have testimonials from firms they have provided services to.

The offer to buy the club noted in the filing matches the timing of rumoured offer to buy the club talked about on here but shouldnt down.

Club took it serious enough for Bennet to meet with her

This is incredibly shady. I hope it's not the start of a hostile takeover bid. (I know, I know, 2+2=5 etc)
The Yanks are obviously keen on British and European football clubs. Maybe our exploits in the Europa have opened their eyes to us.

From what I'm reading:

KRF capital made an offer to buy 75% of Rangers
Rangers said no
KRF Capital then made a counter offer to buy 25% of Rangers
Rangers said no
KRF Capital then went ahead and tried to "sell" Rangers anyway to investors

I did like this part of the complaint though:

Several of the European Investment Firm partners believed the email to be genuine,
forwarding the message on to a fellow partner and noting, for example, “This has your name
written all over it!! Let me know if you invest!” and, “This is for Rangers!!! Are you behind it?!?”

This is incredibly shady. I hope it's not the start of a hostile takeover bid. (I know, I know, 2+2=5 etc)
The Yanks are obviously keen on British and European football clubs. Maybe our exploits in the Europa have opened their eyes to us.
A hostile takeover requires someone willing to sell their shares. Who would sell to them? I doubt king would

Kyle Fox is a woman, and nobody has posted a pic. What has FF come to.
Anyway I saw her on her Linkedin page. I wouldn't. She also lists her pronouns, so must be woke.
92735226a0d26203636a1e89dca8d97c.png

Could King be the owner KRF claiming they are in dialogue with?
King can't make any moves on his own due to his cold shouldering. He'd need some dodgy scheme to takeover. If he is behind this then this is what it looks like.

Can picture wee Declan in a pub just now explaining it;

" It's pyoor admin fur a second time again. Ah huv contacts in America man. Sevco are pure worried that they owe milliuns, and if they don't get intae the CL, they are pure done. So they ur trying tae sell the club withoot any permission. The fbi and CIA are ontae them though. Thull need tae sell Morelos for a tenner and Kent wants away noo. "

Just looking at her previous jobs on Linkedin and a recent one has this description:

She created the Capital Markets Group in 2015 and built a group which was responsible for sourcing new opportunities for all the strategies at HIG Capital, including leverage buyout, real estate, private debt and opportunistic debt.

Bolded is basically where you buy a company by borrowing the vast majority of the money needed and then saddle the company you have taken over with the debt. Similar to what has happened at Man Utd.

Can picture wee Declan in a pub just now explaining it;

" It's pyoor admin fur a second time again. Ah huv contacts in America man. Sevco are pure worried that they owe milliuns, and if they don't get intae the CL, they are pure done. So they ur trying tae sell the club withoot any permission. The fbi and CIA are ontae them though. Thull need tae sell Morelos for a tenner and Kent wants away noo. "

This is from the complaint. No doubt they'll be taking out ads in American newspapers in the wrong language about it.

Factual Background

A. Rangers F.C.

7. Founded in 1872 and based in Glasgow, Scotland, Rangers is a Scottish professional football club that plays in the Scottish Premiership, the top division of the Scottish Professional Football League, the league competition for men’s professional football clubs in Scotland.

Rangers is the most successful club in Scottish football, having won the Scottish League title 55 times, the Scottish Cup 34 times, and the Scottish League Cup 27 times.

With more than 600 Rangers supporters’ clubs in 35 countries worldwide, Rangers has one of the largest fan bases in world football.

Back