Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Again I wouldn't be so sure. They've lost at Parkhead at least twice already. And without fans these teams will stand a better chance.
They've lost 1 league game all season and that was to us there other dropped points were away from home. I think their last defeat at home prior to that was us in December so regardless of how bad they are they still get the job done domestically whether we like to admit to it or not. 7 of their next 10 games are all at home while we edge closer to doing all our hard away games again so we just have to keep winning and forget about them its what we do that counts.

Every team without exception who's had a go at them have found success. Fact! Look at some of the names in Europe to scalp them over the last few years ffs they are a national embarrassment. Bare in mind the Sparta result was par for the course not the freak one off lemon is making it out to be.

For Aberdeen and the like to watch on at that then fail to absorb what it takes to rattle them is just pathetic. If they or any the rest of the SPL dross were to employ Sparta's (or insert any no mark European name over the last 2/3 years) then just maybe the odd win would be achieved.
Therein lies the issue. With the possible exception of Hibs, there are so few teams in Scotland apart from us, with the required minerals.

You can't compare any of the teams in Europe with Aberdeen, Hibs, etc etc as an argument as to why they should be beating them or giving them a better game. The bottom line is even if they are poor at the moment they are still streets ahead of everyone in Scotland apart from us. They won't drop many points its up to us to keep winning.

I am very surprised at the bitter wee ugly ginger toothed scumbag being praised by some for wearing a poppy. Given where on his body it was displayed, he was clearly utilising it as a safety helmet.

Do you not want the best option for Rangers though?
Personally, I think (well, I guess “hope” is probably more appropriate) their good results are papering over the cracks so I’m more likely to favour him staying, and suffering, rather than him gone and replaced by somebody competent.
I agree with this. In this of all seasons, we want them to drop points but not enough to make them make a change at the helm. It’s still early in the season and we don’t want a competent Manager coming in until it’s too late.

I don’t know what anyone else thinks but Clyde 1 Superscoreboard is better now than it used to be and I think it’s all to do with the new(ish) presenter Gordon.

I still can’t believe they actually had that rancid, bitter ex Celtc TV pr*ck Gerry McCulloch hosting it and pretending he could be even slightly impartial.

Or maybe my judgement is being completely obscured by the fact we’re doing well now and they c*nts are under a bit pressure for once! :D
I completely agree. I think Gordon Duncan is a great host who will go on to bigger and better things. He's completely impartial... The way it should be.

I agree with this. In this of all seasons, we want them to drop points but not enough to make them make a change at the helm. It’s still early in the season and we don’t want a competent Manager coming in until it’s too late.
It's not just the dropped points, its the turmoil it would cause. Has there ever been a season when a club who sacks their manager part way through a season has still managed to win the league?

It's not just the dropped points, its the turmoil it would cause. Has there ever been a season when a club who sacks their manager part way through a season has still managed to win the league?
Not a sacking but Souness left us for Liverpool and Smith delivered. Ditto the paedos and Rodgers/lemon.

Not a sacking but Souness left us for Liverpool and Smith delivered. Ditto the paedos and Rodgers/lemon.
Oh there's plenty of examples of managers leaving and still winning the league with the replacement. I'm talking about actually being sacked or leaving 'by mutual consent', or otherwise forced out the door.

Don’t know the answer to that one but know that Billly McBungle for Villa and Man City relegated in the same season

Eh? How do you get that?
Balogun1 said:

Balogun1 said:
Hence you dont want them to drop a lot of points ?
not normal.

Hence you dont want them to drop a lot of points ?
not normal.
No, I don’t want them to push the panic button and get someone in who knows what they are doing.

Obviously I want them to drop points but the last thing we need is them getting a better Manager in, who might turn things around.

No, I don’t want them to push the panic button and get someone in who knows what they are doing.

Obviously I want them to drop points but the last thing we need is them getting a better Manager in, who might turn things around.
I see what you are saying but if Lennon is sacked soon it'll be because he's dropped further behind us. And once we have a decent cushion I don't see us letting that slide now

Thats exactly what we need
Kennedy or Ross as the new manager and them 15 or 18 points behind us.

If Lennon gets the bullet I think the Nonce's financial situation will dictate who replaces him, so hopefully its Wibble or Squintmooth.

Absolutely but we don’t want them binning Lennon for another Rodgers.
What ??
Who cares ? If we are 15 /18/21 points clear i dont care if they bring in Pep Guardiola or Jose Mourinho. I dont EVER want them winning a game i want them dropping points in every game. They have no war chest of cash for a top manager its Kennedy or Ross thats it. You must be very young say 14 or 15 ? If you were older you would NEVER want Celtic to “not drop a lot of points “

What ??
Who cares ? If we are 15 /18/21 points clear i dont care if they bring in Pep Guardiola or Jose Mourinho. I dont EVER want them winning a game i want them dropping points in every game. They have no war chest of cash for a top manager its Kennedy or Ross thats it. You must be very young say 14 or 15 ? If you were older you would NEVER want Celtic to “not drop a lot of points “
Absolute rubbish. Ordinarily I would want them pumped every week but we aren’t 15-18 points clear of them, are we? If they lose next week and replace Lennon with someone who knows what they’re doing, they are still in with a chance. Better they limp along dropping points here and there and they replace Lennon when it’s too late. There is still a long way to go and the longer Lennon is there, the better chance we have of landing this title.

Still believe that the Rodgers team was seriously overrated.

There was no quality opposition in our league (including us) and they took some absolutely embarrassing scuddings in Europe.

PSG looked like it would be double figures.
He got much more out of average players in his first season but they stagnated after that and for every Dembele their was a Commper , I think Rodgers soon found out that Lawell fancies himself on the champ manager and dictating transfer policy on potential profit rather than long term benefit of the team.
Lawell has got what he thought was enough to deliver the fabled 10 but because of his penny pinching and ignorance he has a coaching staff of yes men who aren't up to the job at any level beyond the SPFL.
I couldnt care a jot if they sack Lennon or not as both scenarios wont change our plans
If we win the title this year they will have open warfare,low season ticket uptake and a massive rebuild from the boardroom right the way down to the ballboys
Keep our shape and bottle this season and we could be waving tenners at them for a few seasons

I always seem to be in a minority of one when it comes to hugh keevins. Really quite like him and find him pretty fair
I agree mate - so minority of 2
Keevins gives celtic a hard time as much as anyone when deserved
A lot of folk seem to despise him but to me he seems like a good guy

Absolute rubbish. Ordinarily I would want them pumped every week but we aren’t 15-18 points clear of them, are we? If they lose next week and replace Lennon with someone who knows what they’re doing, they are still in with a chance. Better they limp along dropping points here and there and they replace Lennon when it’s too late. There is still a long way to go and the longer Lennon is there, the better chance we have of landing this title.
The lady doth protest too much i think.
If they lose and he gets binned and we win so we go 15 points clear Kennedyis the caretaker they lose again.
You want them to drop points here and there you say ? Im a Rangers fan i want them pumped in every game. I think you have a wee soft spot for Lennon. It certainly looks that way.

If they lose and he gets binned and we win so we go 15 points clear Kennedyis the caretaker they lose again.
You want them to drop points here and there you say ? Im a Rangers fan i want them pumped in every game. I think you have a wee soft spot for Lennon. It certainly looks that way.
We want them to lose at Hibs, if not a draw.

Amazing we still have posters wanting Lennon to hang around longer - and that will only happen if he keeps winning.

How do they not grasp this. I have tried to explain it but they think a managerial wizard is in the wings.

I completely agree. I think Gordon Duncan is a great host who will go on to bigger and better things. He's completely impartial... The way it should be.
He is a cut above previous hosts.
He'd be a good replacement for dick on the bbc haggistan football shows if there is ever a hater cull.

I always seem to be in a minority of one when it comes to hugh keevins. Really quite like him and find him pretty fair
This is the first time I’ve seen anything like this on the forum. This individual was around that club when the beasts were operating. He went to many functions and probably heard what was going on and was probably another one that decided to say nothing, “to protect the good name of the club.”
He also stated that if the subject ever came up on SSB then he would resign.
The radio station also stated that it wasn’t a footballing issue so they wouldn’t talk about it on air. Many children’s lives were destroyed under the name of that club so why’s that not a footballing issue? Yet he’ll openly talk about EBT’s.
I would like to see the day where he has to answer questions under oath. Spotlight has plenty of evidence that proves he was in and around the club at the time. Did he know and say nothing?

Last edited:
I am a Rangers fan and want Rangers to win the League.

But I also want our closest rivals to keep winning and picking up points so that they are close enough not to sack their manager and possibly, maybe, perhaps get a better manager, sign better players and beat us.

How ridiculous does that sound?

In a season where there is a strong possibility that we, like most teams, will at some point be affected by the virus which, dependent on the extent, may impact on results we should, more than ever, be looking to put as much distance between us and them as possible.

The bigger the gap the better. We win and they drop points and the gap widens. The wider the gap the less chance of TLB, or any other fecker, clawing it back even if we do hit a poor spell through covid or any other reason.

If they do fall further behind they are highly unlikely, given the current financial situation, to bring in a top class manager and sign a host of top quality players in January to turn it round.

That, at least, is how I see it and I can't imagine ever wanting to see them win outwith the unlikely last day scenario where a win for them would somehow ensure us the title.

Let's imagine for a moment that they actually lose their next game against Hibs. Are those that don't want the gap too wide also hoping that we drop points that weekend so that it's still "technically" only 3 points and, as such, they might not sack their manager?

As a Rangers fan I go into every weekend looking forward to a Rangers victory and hopeful of the added bonus of them dropping points.

We are all entitled to our opinion and some clearly see it differently to me but to not want them to be p1sh just in case they get good seems bizarre to me. If they get better then the onus is then on us to get even better.

Won't be falling out with anyone over this, as I said we are all entitled to our opinion, but Rangers fans wanting them to win puzzles me.

I am a Rangers fan and want Rangers to win the League.

But I also want our closest rivals to keep winning and picking up points so that they are close enough not to sack their manager and possibly, maybe, perhaps get a better manager, sign better players and beat us.

How ridiculous does that sound?

In a season where there is a strong possibility that we, like most teams, will at some point be affected by the virus which, dependent on the extent, may impact on results we should, more than ever, be looking to put as much distance between us and them as possible.

The bigger the gap the better. We win and they drop points and the gap widens. The wider the gap the less chance of TLB, or any other fecker, clawing it back even if we do hit a poor spell through covid or any other reason.

If they do fall further behind they are highly unlikely, given the current financial situation, to bring in a top class manager and sign a host of top quality players in January to turn it round.

That, at least, is how I see it and I can't imagine ever wanting to see them win outwith the unlikely last day scenario where a win for them would somehow ensure us the title.

Let's imagine for a moment that they actually lose their next game against Hibs. Are those that don't want the gap too wide also hoping that we drop points that weekend so that it's still "technically" only 3 points and, as such, they might not sack their manager?

As a Rangers fan I go into every weekend looking forward to a Rangers victory and hopeful of the added bonus of them dropping points.

We are all entitled to our opinion and some clearly see it differently to me but to not want them to be p1sh just in case they get good seems bizarre to me. If they get better then the onus is then on us to get even better.

Won't be falling out with anyone over this, as I said we are all entitled to our opinion, but Rangers fans wanting them to win puzzles me.
They arent Rangers fans if they want them to win. Its as simple as that.

This is the first time I’ve seen anything like this on the forum. This individual was around that club when the beasts were operating. He went to many functions and probably heard what was going on and was probably another one that decided to say nothing, “to protect the good name of the club.”
He also stated that if the subject ever came up on SSB then he would resign.
The radio station also stated that it wasn’t a footballing issue so they wouldn’t talk about it on air. Many children’s lives were destroyed under the name of that club so why’s that not a footballing issue? Yet he’ll openly talk about EBT’s.
I would like to see the day where he has to answer questions under oath. Spotlight has plenty of evidence that proves he was in and around the club at the time. Did Hugh know and say nothing?
110% pal. If there’s one thing in this life that’s a certainty, it’s the fact that hugh keevins is anything but fair.

Don’t let the nasally twinged fuckwit fool anyone with his long words and bullshit answers, he’s a mentally challenged of the bitterest kind and he hates rangers with a passion, and that’s putting it mild. I’m actually surprised he doesn’t howl sevcooooooo at the start of every show.

The funniest thing is, the mentally challengeds believe he’s building an “anti Celtic” agenda on that show. “He’s dead against Celtic”, “he’s a undercover hun”

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING, could be further from that ugly truth.

I don’t believe anyone who would say that he’s fair. That’s a very foolish thing to say on this forum, and extremely suspect as well.

@BN94, you’ll know more about this cretin that most on here, so I know who Id be siding with when it comes to auld shoos integrity and “fairness”

I want them beat. I want them humiliated. I want them so far behind us they're closer to relegation. Anyone who even hints at wanting them winning are for the watching. It would be lovely to have Lennon in their dugout if and when we win the league this season. But in truth, I want him out of Scottish football. He is an infection on the game that needs ousted.

Nonsense. I’ve repeatedly stated that Lennon doesn’t know what he is doing. Ordinarily I want them pumped every time they take the field but I feel there is a greater chance of us winning the league the longer he is at the helm. If they lose their next two games and bin Lennon and get someone in that knows what they are doing, they might come in and turn it around. The gap then would realistically only be 9 points and we still have to play them 3 times.

I would rather they limp along with Lennon in charge, drop points here and there and him still be in charge when they come to Ibrox at new year, because if he is, we will win.

If we have a 10 points plus gap going down the stretch, they can appoint who the hell they want but in the meantime I would rather they have a donkey that doesn’t know what he is doing.

You are making wild assumptions as to them appointing Kennedy or Ross, based on nothing at all. It wouldn’t be the first time dodgy Dermott had splashed the cash and I would rather have a shite Manager like TLB in charge until it’s more or less too late.

Nonsense. I’ve repeatedly stated that Lennon doesn’t know what he is doing. Ordinarily I want them pumped every time they take the field but I feel there is a greater chance of us winning the league the longer he is at the helm. If they lose their next two games and bin Lennon and get someone in that knows what they are doing, they might come in and turn it around. The gap then would realistically only be 9 points and we still have to play them 3 times.

I would rather they limp along with Lennon in charge, drop points here and there and him still be in charge when they come to Ibrox at new year, because if he is, we will win.

If we have a 10 points plus gap going down the stretch, they can appoint who the hell they want but in the meantime I would rather they have a donkey that doesn’t know what he is doing.

You are making wild assumptions as to them appointing Kennedy or Ross, based on nothing at all. It wouldn’t be the first time dodgy Dermott had splashed the cash and I would rather have a shite Manager like TLB in charge until it’s more or less too late.
For him to be at the helm they need to keep winning !!! What part of this arent you getting ? Can you not even see you are saying you want Celtic to keep winning because most posters on here can see that is exactly what youre saying.

For him to be at the helm they need to keep winning !!! What part of this arent you getting ? Can you not even see you are saying you want Celtic to keep winning because most posters on here can see that is exactly what youre saying.
Only in your fantasy land. If they suddenly lose a couple of games and he gets the boot, they might get in a serious Manager and splash serious cash. There is a long way to go and we have to play them 3 times (the gap at the moment is really only potentially 3 points).

If he limps along to the new year, draws a couple of games en-route and then we pump them at Ibrox. At that point, we could maybe be 10-12 points clear and it wouldn’t really matter who they appoint.

I don’t want them getting a good Manager in now, with 3/4 of the season left. It’s about what gives us the best chance of success and we are better with a nobody like Lennon in charge than someone who can come in, turn things around and give us a run for our money.

Back