Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Only in your fantasy land. If they suddenly lose a couple of games and he gets the boot, they might get in a serious Manager and splash serious cash. There is a long way to go and we have to play them 3 times (the gap at the moment is really only potentially 3 points).

If he limps along to the new year, draws a couple of games en-route and then we pump them at Ibrox. At that point, we could maybe be 10-12 points clear and it wouldn’t really matter who they appoint.

I don’t want them getting a good Manager in now, with 3/4 of the season left. It’s about what gives us the best chance of success and we are better with a nobody like Lennon in charge than someone who can come in, turn things around and give us a run for our money.
Think you are definitely on the wrong teams fan forum. Im 100 percent sure now.

Think you are definitely on the wrong teams fan forum. Im 100 percent sure now.
Many on here would vouch for me, not that you’re worth the effort. I don’t need some pish from a would be keyboard warrior.

If you can’t wrap your head around us having a better chance with Lemon as Manager than someone more capable then that says more about you than me.

Only in your fantasy land. If they suddenly lose a couple of games and he gets the boot, they might get in a serious Manager and splash serious cash. There is a long way to go and we have to play them 3 times (the gap at the moment is really only potentially 3 points).

If he limps along to the new year, draws a couple of games en-route and then we pump them at Ibrox. At that point, we could maybe be 10-12 points clear and it wouldn’t really matter who they appoint.

I don’t want them getting a good Manager in now, with 3/4 of the season left. It’s about what gives us the best chance of success and we are better with a nobody like Lennon in charge than someone who can come in, turn things around and give us a run for our money.
Oh FFS...for them to keep Lennon he will have to keep winning league matches. In such a vital season it is in Rangers best interests our lead is increased and he is punted asap.

Let me cancel out your fears of a new manager making them unbeatable...he won't.

Stop harping on you want him here longer winning matches.

Many on here would vouch for me, not that you’re worth the effort. I don’t need some pish from a would be keyboard warrior.

If you can’t wrap your head around us having a better chance with Lemon as Manager than someone more capable then that says more about you than me.
So you want Celtic within touching distance, for us to win the league? That's mentalism right there.

Oh FFS...for them to keep Lennon he will have to keep winning league matches. In such a vital season it is in Rangers best interests our lead is increased and he is punted asap.

Let me cancel out your fears of a new manager making them unbeatable...he won't.

Stop harping on you want him here longer winning matches.
Our chances of winning the title are better the longer TLB is at the helm. The pressure will get to him if/when we open up more of a gap.

A good Manager coming in, even with a slightly bigger gap (say 6-9 points - with the same matches played) would stand more a chance than TLB of challenging us. That the nub of it and that’s what I don’t want. It’s not that hard to figure out.

So you want Celtic within touching distance, for us to win the league? That's mentalism right there.
No, I have explained my position. We have a better chance with them having a shit Manager than someone who could actually turn things around.

I want them to falter but not enough to cause huge panic, a change of Manager and significant investment in January.

I want what’s best for our chances and that’s TLB at the helm.

No, I have explained my position. We have a better chance with them having a shit Manager than someone who could actually turn things around.

I want them to falter but not enough to cause huge panic, a change of Manager and significant investment in January.

They're not getting rid of him this season regardless of results. They are skint and he's the cheap option. They spanked 20 million already, loan signings are what they're getting.

There is no guarantee they will replace him with a good manager.
they will only get rid of him if results are bad, I.e. they are falling further behind Rangers.

They're not getting rid of him this season regardless of results. They are skint and he's the cheap option. They spanked 20 million already, loan signings are what they're getting.
I don’t think we take that to granted bud. Dodgy Desmond has bankrolled them before and we know how much their fabricated ten means to them.

There is no guarantee they will replace him with a good manager.
they will only get rid of him if results are bad, I.e. they are falling further behind Rangers.

They knew exactly what they were getting when TLB was re-appointed. As has been the case in the past, the mhanks chose the cheap short term option thinking they had time before any Rangers resurgence. Well, guess what, they don't have time.

So long as the mhanks are only a few points behind us (taking games in hand into account, Lennon will survive. They don't have time to go looking for a new guy, anyone who is decent will cost them an arm and a leg, getting rid of TLB will cost them as well and they lost £20 million because of Covid.

They knew exactly what they were getting when TLB was re-appointed. As has been the case in the past, the mhanks chose the cheap short term option thinking they had time before any Rangers resurgence. Well, guess what, they don't have time.

So long as the mhanks are only a few points behind us (taking games in hand into account, Lennon will survive. They don't have time to go looking for a new guy, anyone who is decent will cost them an arm and a leg, getting rid of TLB will cost them as well and they lost £20 million because of Covid.
Agree on all that.

I know what Balogun is getting at, but he’s over thinking it. If Celtic say lose 2 before we drop any more points then their 15 behind with 2 in hand, best case scenario 9 behind. That’s the sort of situation where Lennon gets fired and it would be very, very difficult for anyone to win from that kind of scenario given the respective for, and performances of the team.

Any manager coming in won’t be Guardiola, they can’t afford a big name, and won’t have big bucks to spend.

If Lennon stays its because he is in striking distance of us. E.g. the current 3 points.

Come the Old Firm game do you want to be an effective 3 points ahead with Lennon in charge, or an effective 9 ahead with Lennon sacked (assuming the games in hand would be won).

It should be a no brainier.

(We of course don’t know under what scenario Lennon’s position would be deemed untenable at Celtic but a bare minimum of 2 more losses than Rangers compared to now is probably a bare minimum).

Its not been as good this week due to the build up to the Scotland game. They're on until at least 10.00 tonight to cover the game.

I don’t think we take that to granted bud. Dodgy Desmond has bankrolled them before and we know how much their fabricated ten means to them.
I'd say he's already reached peak bankroll with the Duff and the AC reject.
Desmond only cares about money, and how much he can get out of that mob.

Your problem here is you assume that we'll pump them at Ibrox. We might not, and we run the risk of them going back top of the league.

He will only be sacked if they fall behind in the league to a point that is almost insurmountable. I'd rather be in that position. Us beating Aberdeen and them losing to hibs will do just fine for starters. 12 points clear going into the cup weekend? How could any bear not want this.

Our chances of winning the title are better the longer TLB is at the helm. The pressure will get to him if/when we open up more of a gap.

A good Manager coming in, even with a slightly bigger gap (say 6-9 points - with the same matches played) would stand more a chance than TLB of challenging us. That the nub of it and that’s what I don’t want. It’s not that hard to figure out.

Fuukin bullshit, they will bin him anyway. They drop points in the meantime tells me they are falling behind. We don't slip up and the title is over to us.

Fuuk lennon and fuuk them winning matches. Is it you that's mental.

Your problem here is you assume that we'll pump them at Ibrox. We might not, and we run the risk of them going back top of the league.

He will only be sacked if they fall behind in the league to a point that is almost insurmountable. I'd rather be in that position. Us beating Aberdeen and them losing to hibs will do just fine for starters. 12 points clear going into the cup weekend? How could any bear not want this.
Maybe cos he isnt a bear becoming more obvious with each post.

I got slapped down for suggesting this from another member @Renoranger, even though on that particular thread there were plenty posters of the same mindset of myself. Careful what you wish for. Somebody will be along soon enough to bully you out of your opinion and tell you to sit in the corner.
All well and true but you cannot possibly want septic to a win which keeps the pressure on Rangers.

Absolute rubbish. Ordinarily I would want them pumped every week but we aren’t 15-18 points clear of them, are we? If they lose next week and replace Lennon with someone who knows what they’re doing, they are still in with a chance. Better they limp along dropping points here and there and they replace Lennon when it’s too late. There is still a long way to go and the longer Lennon is there, the better chance we have of landing this title.
I despair of posters like your good self, I really do.

It is highly unlikely that we will win every game from now until the end of the season much as I would love us to do so.

That being the case we need to ensure that, if nothing else, we win the head to head with our nearest competitor.

Thereafter you hope that they slip up more often and drop more points than we do - that is how leagues are generally won. That means in simple terms, if we want to win the league, then we want Rangers winning and our nearest competitor losing.

If that means TLB getting sacked mid season and not being in place to witness it first hand then so be it. Good riddance to him. He has poisoned our game long enough.

Once he's gone there is no magic wand or pot of cash to produce a top class manager and sign a team capable of repairing the damage that would bring about the sacking.

So let's not worry ourselves about what they might do if they do, in fact, get so bad they consider sacking him. Let's focus on ourselves and what we can achieve.

Lets go into every weekend, as we always did, looking forward to a Rangers victory and hopeful of the added bonus of a bheggars defeat.

'Mon the Bears
Not quite.
The single most important thing we must do is win our next game.
This is before concerning ourselves with a game that’ll happen six or seven games down the line.
The only game that matters at anytime in football, we’ll, until the prizes are won, is the next game.

Absolute nonsense.

By the way, what school did you go to ?

You’ve got to be joking.
Wanting septic to win?
Doesn’t sit well with me.

Not quite.
The single most important thing we must do is win our next game.
This is before concerning ourselves with a game that’ll happen six or seven games down the line.
The only game that matters at anytime in football, we’ll, until the prizes are won, is the next game.
Can't disagree with any of that.

Take each game as it comes, make sure you win it and then move onto the next game. It's the mindset and the focus that the team need to have if we are to be successful.

Looking at the bigger picture, as we fans are inclined to do, in a two horse race with both teams playing to form and beating almost all other opposition then the head to head frequently becomes vital in determining where the prizes end up.

But as you say the next game is, at this time, the most important. Win that and it's onto the next one. If that victory happens to come with the added bonus of the bheggars dropping points then you'll have one happy bear here - even if they sack their manager as a result ;)

You’ve got to be joking.
Wanting septic to win?
Doesn’t sit well with me.
I have been clear mate, I want what’s best for Rangers. The reality is they will win more than they will lose. That’s just Scottish football and the resources and advantages we and they hold over the rest. Ordinarily, I would want them pumped every single week but this season, because of the nonsense about the tainted ten, is higher pressure than usual and I wouldn’t be surprised if they threw big money at it in January, especially if they replace TLB. I just feel that our best hope to win the league is for them to dwell with Lemon until it is too late.

We are still only just over a quarter of the way into the season. If they lose the next two matches, bin Lennon and get a decent Manager in, I think they still have a shot, sadly, whereas if they persist with him for now, drop points by drawing a couple of games here and there and then we beat them at new year, to go say 12 points clear (equal games played) at that point it probably doesn’t matter who they appoint.

All I care about is us winning this title and as I say, I think it’s easier with Lennon than a better Manager but as per usual, posters on here twist words, look for something that isn’t there and sling around nonsensical accusations of being a poet. Others then jump on the bandwagon in a pack mentality to make themselves look better. I hate them as much as anyone on here but I just think we have a better chance of the title, the longer they persist with Lemon, who will crack under the pressure the longer it goes.

It’s a sad reflection of the atmosphere at Ibrox but you might have a point.
I think the past couple of seasons have increased the pressure on our players and fans due to the desperation to stop the rot. The side effect of the no fans is less pressure on the players and less pressure on the refs which is working for us. Long way to go but the players are doing well. Win the league and I am sure they will want to play in front of us asap!

I have been clear mate, I want what’s best for Rangers. The reality is they will win more than they will lose. That’s just Scottish football and the resources and advantages we and they hold over the rest. Ordinarily, I would want them pumped every single week but this season, because of the nonsense about the tainted ten, is higher pressure than usual and I wouldn’t be surprised if they threw big money at it in January, especially if they replace TLB. I just feel that our best hope to win the league is for them to dwell with Lemon until it is too late.

We are still only just over a quarter of the way into the season. If they lose the next two matches, bin Lennon and get a decent Manager in, I think they still have a shot, sadly, whereas if they persist with him for now, drop points by drawing a couple of games here and there and then we beat them at new year, to go say 12 points clear (equal games played) at that point it probably doesn’t matter who they appoint.

All I care about is us winning this title and as I say, I think it’s easier with Lennon than a better Manager but as per usual, posters on here twist words, look for something that isn’t there and sling around nonsensical accusations of being a poet. Others then jump on the bandwagon in a pack mentality to make themselves look better. I hate them as much as anyone on here but I just think we have a better chance of the title, the longer they persist with Lemon, who will crack under the pressure the longer it goes.
Digging a deeper hole
Id give up if i were you.
They will win more than they lose you say yes true thats a fact BUT and its a big but as a Rangers fan you should ALWAYS want them to lose and your posts time and time again suggest that you dont. Thats why most on this thread dont actually believe that youre a Rangers fan at all.

Maybe cos he isnt a bear becoming more obvious with each post.
Absolute pish.

All I want is us to in the title. In my estimation, we have a better chance if they have a shit Manager (Lennon) than a decent one.

You then make up Kennedy and Ross to somehow validate your point when you have no idea who they would go for.

We still have a long. At to go and have to play them 3 times

You have made up the fantasy that I have said I want them to win. Nowhere have I said that.
Digging a deeper hole
Id give up if i were you.
They will win more than they lose you say yes true thats a fact BUT and its a big but as a Rangers fan you should ALWAYS want them to lose and your posts time and time again suggest that you dont. Thats why most on this thread dont actually believe that youre a Rangers fan at all.
Answer me this.

Do you think we have a better chance of winning the league with a 5 point gap and Lennon in charge or a 9 point gap and the likes of a Rodgers?

That is what I am saying.

Absolute pish.

All I want is us to in the title. In my estimation, we have a better chance if they have a shit Manager (Lennon) than a decent one.

You then make up Kennedy and Ross to somehow validate your point when you have no idea who they would go for.

We still have a long. At to go and have to play them 3 times

You have made up the fantasy that I have said I want them to win. Nowhere have I said that.

Answer me this.

Do you think we have a better chance of winning the league with a 5 point gap and Lennon in charge or a 9 point gap and the likes of a Rodgers?

That is what I am saying.
You said you want them to draw some games and drop a few points.
Rodgers isnt coming and neither is a top manager
They will sack Lennon when they are 15 points behind us amd no manager worth their salt is going there with 15 points of a gap plus they have no CL money amd no sold players so in answer i dont care who they have in charge as i believe in us.

You said you want them to draw some games and drop a few points.
Rodgers isnt coming and neither is a top manager
They will sack Lennon when they are 15 points behind us amd no manager worth their salt is going there with 15 points of a gap plus they have no CL money amd no sold players so in answer i dont care who they have in charge as i believe in us.
I hope and pray you are right. Sadly money talks and it wouldn’t be the first time Desmond has bankrolled them.

I guess it’s maybe worry after all we have been through and the collapses we have seen, like last year.

We are stronger now than we have been in previous years and have a greater depth to our squad but there’s still such a long way in the season to go that caution is my default position.

If we played them tomorrow, I would probably be quietly confident but the last decade has been painful and we don’t have a squad that’s used to getting it over the line.

I think thankfully Gerrard has Lemon’s number but anything can happen in these one off games and we still have three left.

Fingers crossed.

Back