Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

That takes on quite an angle now that the host is the sellick tv host. Heard some of him watching a bit of the Hibs game last week and he makes Tom Miller sound like Switzerland.
No way he's able to be neutral and it always sounded that way. When you hear that clip, it's obvious he's also a liar.

He was hunting there, right out of the trenches to support another cult member.

I've never heard Hugh Keevins claim he was not a Celtic fan. I've heard him say that Clydebank was his local team but never that he was a Clydebank fan.

He's a Scottish journalist who is a Celtic fan (a natural and understandable state of affairs) and he's not alone and he doesn't hide it well, or at all.

The problem is that there are no journalists who are Rangers fans (equally natural and understandable) who do not lean so far the other way, they might as well be Celtic fans.
hmm not a celtic fan but he certainly attends their gatherings as spotlight have highlighted, now what would he doing there you may ask if not a celtic fan

Last edited:
Stayed away from Clyde for a while now. Can’t stand that old helmet Keevins spouting pish about Celtic good Rangers bad when they do the exact same thing, Calling out refs for cheating performances in our case or being hard done by in their case. These tramps have been intimidating refs for as long as I can remember and caused a strike.

These despicable pricks thought they were wide calling the winter break forward knowing it would give them the chance to get players back from injury and give new players time to bed in, Also the fact they shat it to play is because we would have pumped them. They knew we’d have more players away on international duty for the rearranged game. This has back fired on them big time with injuries as well as call ups.

When we leave the Knew camp with 3 points I’ll listen to the phone in the following night with a massive Cuban cigar.

hmm not a celtic fan but was know to go to the gatherings as spotlight have highlighted, now what would he doing there you may ask if not a celtic fan

In the month of January last year, when the Scum hit a really bad patch of results with only one League win all that month, he was practically begging the Scum board to do everything they could to Keep the Ten alive. Was almost in tears every Monday and Friday nights.

Now THAT was comedy gold right there.

The narrative that bitter auld bastard was openly allowed to spew unchecked tonight was pretty disgraceful. The levels of hypocrisy and contradiction in opinion he displays is actually so unbelievable its comical. Nobody can take anything he has to say serious any more, he's turned into a laughing stock. He is clearly hurting and just can't hide the fear. You can smell it.....

Robertson might’ve let a few bad tackles go, this happens in every game. People disagree about reds and yellows, some refs are strict and some are lenient.

Clancy missed a ball literally rolling off the penalty spot during a penalty kick. Every referee from junior level upwards knows this is a retake. The Aberdeen manager knew it was a retake, he said so himself. And Clancy was staring straight at it. So there is two options.

1. He knew it should’ve been a retake and let it go, pure negligence, bordering on corruption.

2. He didn’t know it should’ve been a retake, and therefore doesn’t know one of the most basic rules of football, and therefore shouldn’t be a top flight referee.

That’s what annoys me about the Aberdeen game. The scum game is all about opinions. Clancys decision is literally there in black and white. He’s decided to ignore the rules, or he doesn’t know the rules. Neither of which is acceptable, which is why we are right to complain.

Stayed away from Clyde for a while now. Can’t stand that old helmet Keevins spouting pish about Celtic good Rangers bad when they do the exact same thing, Calling out refs for cheating performances in our case or being hard done by in their case. These tramps have been intimidating refs for as long as I can remember and caused a strike.

These despicable pricks thought they were wide calling the winter break forward knowing it would give them the chance to get players back from injury and give new players time to bed in, Also the fact they shat it to play is because we would have pumped them. They knew we’d have more players away on international duty for the rearranged game. This has back fired on them big time with injuries as well as call ups.

When we leave the Knew camp with 3 points I’ll listen to the phone in the following night with a massive Cuban cigar.
Same, not listened since Patterson was sold

Robertson might’ve let a few bad tackles go, this happens in every game. People disagree about reds and yellows, some refs are strict and some are lenient.

Clancy missed a ball literally rolling off the penalty spot during a penalty kick. Every referee from junior level upwards knows this is a retake. The Aberdeen manager knew it was a retake, he said so himself. And Clancy was staring straight at it. So there is two options.

1. He knew it should’ve been a retake and let it go, pure negligence, bordering on corruption.

2. He didn’t know it should’ve been a retake, and therefore doesn’t know one of the most basic rules of football, and therefore shouldn’t be a top flight referee.

That’s what annoys me about the Aberdeen game. The scum game is all about opinions. Clancys decision is literally there in black and white. He’s decided to ignore the rules, or he doesn’t know the rules. Neither of which is acceptable, which is why we are right to complain.

Clancy saw and ignored the deliberate push on Barisic by Ferguson who headed the ball against Morelos' arm, seconds before he awarded Aberdeen a penalty. He cheated.

I've never heard Hugh Keevins claim he was not a Celtic fan. I've heard him say that Clydebank was his local team but never that he was a Clydebank fan.

He's a Scottish journalist who is a Celtic fan (a natural and understandable state of affairs) and he's not alone and he doesn't hide it well, or at all.

The problem is that there are no journalists who are Rangers fans (equally natural and understandable) who do not lean so far the other way, they might as well be Celtic fans.
He has sidestepped the question numerous times, enabling you to say he’s never denied it.
The ”I don’t support either of them” is an old and hackneyed contrivance used by every journalist on either side.
It does beg the question as to why he would care if the guy should take penalties for Celtic or not.

Listened to the first hour tonight and Keevins was unbearable. Everybody knows which way he leans but he never usually bothers me - tonight he sounded like somebody off off Just Us Tim's(RIP).

He’s just a bigot mate.

I’ve said before, he hides it well, but when the crunch comes, out it comes as sure as night follows day.

Last edited:
Clancy missed a ball literally rolling off the penalty spot during a penalty kick. Every referee from junior level upwards knows this is a retake. The Aberdeen manager knew it was a retake, he said so himself. And Clancy was staring straight at it
When he saw the ball roll he suddenly found himself in a win win situation.
Ferguson scores - Goal!
Ferguson misses - Retake, ball was moving!

He’s just a bigot mate.

I’ve said before, he hides it well, but when the crunch comes out it comes as sure as night follows day.
Couldn't hide it at all tonight - dictionary definition of 'toys out the pram'. Talking about Alloa playing primitive football, that's why they're 8th in League One etc. Maybe ask more questions about them being able to stay in the game right up until the final whistle instead of complaining about a few overly robust challenges(the likes of which we see week after week even in our top flight).

Couldn't hide it at all tonight - dictionary definition of 'toys out the pram'. Talking about Alloa playing primitive football, that's why their 8th in League One etc. Maybe ask more questions about them being able to stay in the game right up until the final whistle instead of complaining about a few overly robust challenges(the likes of which we see week after week even in our top flight).

Exactly, and when we encountered that kind of behaviour from a few of the wee teams on our journey back up to the top we were laughed at & ridiculed.

Well, he’s not laughing tonight lol

I listened tonight, Keevins was an absolute disgrace, his comments about Alloa were pitiful, for a national Radio station contributor to come away with pish like that was a joke.

He really was coming across like your stereotypical, deranged, paranoid Tim.

Which of course we all know he is, he just let his mask slip tonight.

Wee Shug was a parody of the paranoid Piggery dweller tonight, G. In fact, his real persona was revealed for everyone to hear.
I did not tune in if Alex rae was dropped who took his place, and one other question how did the host duncan sound tonight was he deflated?

I dont listen to it just read the messages to find out whats been going on, same old same old, it seems as though Keevins is getting worse tho which i doubt anyone believed was even possible. Its so much more than a sport Celtic is everything to the guy its his whole life.

Hes knows how much this seasons title means and that the winners are set up for the next few seasons at least, ofcourse if they dont win it everyones getting it even friendly refs and part time clubs. He will probably even turn on Doncaster.

The guys a total maniac.

If shagger saves that, the penalty is re-taken.

I dont listen to it just read the messages to find out whats been going on, same old same old, it seems as though Keevins is getting worse tho which i doubt anyone believed was even possible. Its so much more than a sport Celtic is everything to the guy its his whole life.

Hes knows how much this seasons title means and that the winners are set up for the next few seasons at least, ofcourse if they dont win it everyones getting it even friendly refs and part time clubs. He will probably even turn on Doncaster.

The guys a total maniac.
Seriously a broken man.
We stole his wee TI*R. He had planned on rewatching in his retirement and now it's gone. He, like all of them, will never get over it.

In the last decade he was in a blind panic, particularly during the Delia years, that they were going to blow it. Screaming down the mic that the team weren't good enough anytime the sheep were within 6 points.

I was reading a Tom English article the other day. It was published at the beginning of last season and basically says that Timmy will march to TI*R and then ra sellic will have the European Cup (1967), TI*R and the (possible) Quad treble to goad Rangers fans. He even mentions the wee phones at 67 minutes.

I don't know any Rangers' fan who give a toss about the 2nd NIAR or the quad treble. We were focused on 55 and we have it. Also, NIAR 1 and the EC were over 50 years ago. The EC was 55 :) years ago. It will be interesting to see if they celebrate 55 :)

On the other hand, it's plain to see that they have never recovered from Mo Johnston signing, being helicoptered twice, our NIAR and now 55. Our successes are at the forefront of their minds.

That's basically what's wrong with Hugh. He's had the calculator out and done the arithmatic to see if it's possible he could squeeze in a TIAR before he shuffles. He can't and he'll never recover.

A yahoo caller stated Barry Ferguson sent his team on the pitch to target ceptic players.
Not one word of censure from any of the panel about this claim.
We know how this works in Scotland Fergie will have every deranged tim claiming this as fact.

It's pitiful, it really is. Alloa were still in the game right to the final whistle which tells me their tactics were pretty damn good when you consider the gap in skill/finances. If you are the underdogs by a country mile you want to drag the game down to your level because your team do not have ability to raise their performance high enough. This doesn't just mean being dirty, it means making it a scrap, make them know they are in a fight, take the skill out the game. This happens at every level of football in the land. It ain't pretty but the underdogs don't care.
What Shug wanted was for the Alloa team to sit off, give the scum room to play this nonsense they are calling "Ange ball" and then roll over and take a severe doing.

You and i also know, that had Ferguson missed the penalty he would have employed the rules and made Ferguson retake it.

Back