Colak - no doubt he's our main striker now

Colak is a great player and a great striker but Morelos can also be he needs to get back to the player we had the first couple of seasons as I rated him a lot then.

His second goal finish was right out of the top Drawer you can also see and hear from his interviews how delighted he is to be here.

I would actually say he’s improving as a player as well and works extremely hard, He’s a bit like a more mobile Boyd without the Monster Munch.

Morelos is just winding down the clock before he can leave. I get the feeling he hates being number 2 in the pecking order

Alfredo needs games. That was plain to see today. However, you can see what he brings with that lovely pass to Sakala.

I dont know how the manager solves this one. How can he give Morelos the time he needs to get back up to speed when Colak is playing so well? If he decides to dump Alfie and make Colak the main man then we also need to examine our whole attacking set up as it is geared towards playing a lone striker. Something Colak struggles with when facing higher level opposition.

Personally i think Alfredo is the more talented of the two players although it cant be denied Colak is contributing far more right now.

gn16.png

2nd goal was class but his first is a man who is all about scoring goals, followed the shot in and got there before anyone else

Alfie works harder and links play better but I know who I’d want a chance falling to if my life depended on it

I said all along he’s out main striker and he should start at Anfield. Got slagged on here by championship mangers !!!. Bottom line is he’s on fire and must start on wed

I said all along he’s out main striker and he should start at Anfield. Got slagged on here by championship mangers !!!. Bottom line is he’s on fire and must start on wed
He came on at Anfield and fluffed his lines twice. I wouldn’t really say Gio’s decision was proven incorrect given what transpired. And I said it at the time, but if Morelos hammered the ball right at the keeper from 8 yards out we’d have been hearing about how he lacks composure.

He deserves to be first pick for the bulk of league games no question, he’s earned it. But given how other games have went it doesn’t exactly take a genius to work out why Morelos would be preferred against tougher opposition. I’m guessing people will have forgotten the game at the piggery too where he stood like traffic cone and passed up the one golden chance presented to him.

Lets be honest if the aforementioned performance came from Morelos it would have lead to people calling for him to be dropped and sold. Not just that game either, we’ve had a few games away from home where we’ve struggled to hold the ball or link play because he hasn’t been able to do that.

Alfredo needs games. That was plain to see today. However, you can see what he brings with that lovely pass to Sakala.

I dont know how the manager solves this one. How can he give Morelos the time he needs to get back up to speed when Colak is playing so well? If he decides to dump Alfie and make Colak the main man then we also need to examine our whole attacking set up as it is geared towards playing a lone striker. Something Colak struggles with when facing higher level opposition.

Personally i think Alfredo is the more talented of the two players although it cant be denied Colak is contributing far more right now.

Love having a striker like the big man. Been a long time.

Him and Buff are different kind of players. It’s good to have the options available.

Morelos is a better footballer than Colak. Colak is a better professional than Morelos. I think that's the reason why one is scoring goals on a regular basis and the other isn't.
Colak is clinical, he works hard as well, and he's getting better with each game

Colak is so Kris Boyd. Doesn’t need to run about all over the pitch making pointless runs. Hangs around the penalty spot for 90 mins and scores goals. Such a natural finisher, just like Jelavic. Put £20 on him for a double against Celtic at New Year.

He came on at Anfield and fluffed his lines twice. I wouldn’t really say Gio’s decision was proven incorrect given what transpired. And I said it at the time, but if Morelos hammered the ball right at the keeper from 8 yards out we’d have been hearing about how he lacks composure.

He deserves to be first pick for the bulk of league games no question, he’s earned it. But given how other games have went it doesn’t exactly take a genius to work out why Morelos would be preferred against tougher opposition. I’m guessing people will have forgotten the game at the piggery too where he stood like traffic cone and passed up the one golden chance presented to him.

Lets be honest if the aforementioned performance came from Morelos it would have lead to people calling for him to be dropped and sold. Not just that game either, we’ve had a few games away from home where we’ve struggled to hold the ball or link play because he hasn’t been able to do that.
Alfie is in his sixth season with us now. He had 2 exceptional seasons in 18/19 and 19/20, scoring 30 and 29 in all comps respectively. The past two seasons he hasn’t been performing anywhere near this standard. In the previous five seasons his League goal return is:

17/18 - 14 goals
18/19 - 18 goals
19/20 - 12 goals
20/21 - 12 goals
21/22 - 11 goals

Colak is now at 10 league goals in only 9 games. He needs to start every game and it’s up to Morelos to prove he can win his place back.

Was laughed at for saying he was far better than Morelos.

Plenty of games for both but he’s far more fit, professional, consistent and composed.

Our number one striker.
For the avoidance of doubt I’m still laughing at you

We've been crying out for a consistent goalscorer for a long time. He won't run the channels like a fit Morelos or aggressively press but he definitely gets the aim of the game. Love them both hopefully get to see a fit and firing Alfie soon too.

He worked hard since day 1 and never let Rangers down, dropping him was a major mistake last week.

Its done now but a lesson shouldve been learned - never drop your inform players and especially a striker.

Colak has been a sensational piece of business among the disappointment of the Summer.

I was unconvinced when he arrived but hes proved me completely wrong with his workrate and showcasing of skill.

First name on the team sheet for me every game now and no messing about.

His first goal against Hearts & the 2nd yesterday blows this myth out the water that he cannot build up play or hold it up and is merely a Croatian Kris Boyd.

The guy is a player, and his finishing ability blows Morelos’ out the water. Alongside his work rate & application he’s the model professional.

Deserves a chance to get at a Liverpool defence who will hopefully concede a few against arsenal today.

Big decision for the manager on Wednesday night.

Čolak can’t stop scoring. I don’t think Morelos looks anywhere near fit or ready.

I posted earlier that Colak was our best goalscorer but not necessarily our best striker.
I stand by that.
I also posted recently that I’d still play Morelos on Wednesday.
I’m still not sure how I’d call it today.
I can’t see Colak getting the goals if he isn’t receiving the passes and I haven’t seen where he’s a better option than Morelos if your looking for a “hold it up” player.

I posted earlier that Colak was our best goalscorer but not necessarily our best striker.
I stand by that.
I can’t see Colak getting the goals if he isn’t receiving the passes and I haven’t seen where he’s a better option than Morelos if your looking for a “hold it up” player.
he's clearly our best striker just now and should start on Wed. Morelos isnt exactly great at holding the ball up either. We should always play our inform players.

Yesterday he also had two good clearing headers from corners.

I stand by that.

Čolak is a better finisher than both Roofe and Morelos IMO.

Morelos is the better striker at the club in terms of hold up, physicality, dropping deep, peeling wide, annoying the opposition, bullying.

Right now he’s nowhere near that level plus his fitness is still questionable. You’ve got to play the inform man and play to his strengths.

We need more goals from the rest of the team from the midfield and wide players as well as Colak, he's been exceptional so far.

He’s significantly better than Morelos has been for a long time. It’s not even close between them.

Back