Colak - no doubt he's our main striker now

You don’t accept it’s a totally different “game” between the first eighty and getting the game won and the last ten when you’ve taken the foot off the gas?
Also, despite what Morelos has done in Europe, you think Colak, who has done precious little in Europe as a better option?
Genuine questions, bud.
This season yes. IMO you earn the jersey.

I’m not sure Čolak would have done any better than Morelos last night for 73 minutes had he been given the nod. I’d say even less touches.

Domestically it’s Čolak for me. I’m also of the opinion that Morelos and Rangers need to part ways either in January or the summer. The same goes for Ryan Kent.

Time to move on. I’m love Morelos but there comes a time. When was he last fully fit, in great shape and on form for a lengthy period of time? It’s now October and he’s far from his best, he’s still not in the shape or condition we know Morelos can be in.

There are a lot of myths about Morelos; his ability to hold up the ball doesn’t transfer to Champions League level despite the myriad of excuses made for him.

Colak is a better bet for putting a chance away and should be in the team.

Morelos was playing his first CL game last night. He is yet to play a full 90 minutes as he continues his comeback from a long term injury. Our manager set us up to defend and we scarcely got out of our own half until the last 10 minutes, when it no longer mattered, and Alfie had been subbed.

So tell me what makes you so sure his ability to hold up the ball doesnt translate to CL football? The facts tell me you really don't have much evidence to support your ridiculous suggestion.

The irony, of course, is that had Morelos done what Colak did with his 2 chances - there would have been a thread on here saying hes shite.

Some amount of absolute roasters in our support. Why not appreciate both. Colak will start against St Mirren and rightly so, but fcuk knows how anyone can find fault with Morelos when he was given that level of service tonight.
At USG, Ajax, Parkhead I seen Colak getting pelters despite getting little to work with. Many of Morelos biggest fans were claiming if it had been Morelos he makes things happen by getting involved.

Interesting the same comments aren’t being levelled at Morelos last night

Morelos was playing his first CL game last night. He is yet to play a full 90 minutes as he continues his comeback from a long term injury. Our manager set us up to defend and we scarcely got out of our own half until the last 10 minutes, when it no longer mattered, and Alfie had been subbed.

So tell me what makes you so sure his ability to hold up the ball doesnt translate to CL football? The facts tell me you really don't have much evidence to support your ridiculous suggestion.
Okay, I’ll bite. The factual evidence - which is what you suggest we focus on - is that Morelos wasn’t able to hold up the ball at Anfield. The reasons for that are conjecture and opinion.

I’m not quite sure why my suggestion that Colak is more likely than Morelos to put away a chance is “ridiculous”. It is, admittedly, only an opinion, but I’m not sure why you think it’s so absurd.

Why can we genuinely not have Morelos and Colak together??

I hate this modern stuff of one striker, get the pair on the park!

Because it goes completely against Gio's philosophy and he's not willing to change it, and it's unlikely we'll ever see Morelos and Colak together, unless we're desperate.

Because it goes completely against Gio's philosophy and he's not willing to change it, and it's unlikely we'll ever see Morelos and Colak together, unless we're desperate.
It’s so infuriating seeing our strikers alone with no service, we were set up to defend last night

At USG, Ajax, Parkhead I seen Colak getting pelters despite getting little to work with. Many of Morelos biggest fans were claiming if it had been Morelos he makes things happen by getting involved.

Interesting the same comments aren’t being levelled at Morelos last night

Im not wanting dragged into a Colak/Alfie denigration debate. I like both of them. But you are comparing apples to oranges and you know it. Morelos has barely played this season - partially his fault, but injury undeniably denied him a pre-season - and is clearly lacking match fitness. I think Colak literally had the fewest touches on the pitch in 2 of those games. You cant level the same charge at Alfie, so its also a bit disingeneous to suggest comparable effort - even if you could argue similar production.

Btw mate, you know fine well, if Alfie did what Colak did with his 2 chances, you would be slaughtering him.

I really dont understand the obsession on this forum for denigrating players folk dont like. I find it baffling actually - it goes way beyond an opinion and gets personal with some

Im not wanting dragged into a Colak/Alfie denigration debate. I like both of them. But you are comparing apples to oranges and you know it. Morelos has barely played this season - partially his fault, but injury undeniably denied him a pre-season - and is clearly lacking match fitness. I think Colak literally had the fewest touches on the pitch in 2 of those games. You cant level the same charge at Alfie, so its also a bit disingeneous to suggest comparable effort - even if you could argue similar production.

Btw mate, you know fine well, if Alfie did what Colak did with his 2 chances, you would be slaughtering him.

I really dont understand the obsession on this forum for denigrating players folk dont like. I find it baffling actually - it goes way beyond an opinion and gets personal with some
My honest view is we should find a way to play them both.

That isn’t likely due to Gio though therefore for me it’s a choice between plenty goals with limited chances in Colak, or Morelos for some physicality although less goals.

For me it has to be Colak

My honest view is we should find a way to play them both.

That isn’t likely due to Gio though therefore for me it’s a choice between plenty goals with limited chances in Colak, or Morelos for some physicality although less goals.

For me it has to be Colak

Completely agree. Its Colaks jersey just now. Its great to have genuine competition.

I think a lack of genuine competition played a big part in the malaise thats set in with a few players. If Alfie wants the jersey back he needs to win it. Thats heathy for the squad and id like to see a few others who are underperforming have to do the same, if im honest

Colak is fit and on a high morelos is not fit and struggling imo.who is leading the club atm

Would love to see what Colak and Morelos could give us up front in a partnership. Knowing GvB it would never happen even in a training match.

Colak doesn’t need a first touch to score and he can score every type of goal.
Pissing myself at this given he passed up a great opportunity because he took a touch.

The FF Dean Windass’s likening the final 10 minutes of the game (minus Kent and Tillman) to the first 75 is desperate stuff.

Pissing myself at this given he passed up a great opportunity because he took a touch.

The FF Dean Windass’s likening the final 10 minutes of the game (minus Kent and Tillman) to the first 75 is desperate stuff.

See Hearts

Ridiculous trying to compare between them regarding their performances.
As has rightly been pointed out, Alfredo was totally isolated with no service to work with and by the time Colak made his appearance he was up against tiring legs of a team who had completed their task and also 2 guys who were willing to bust a gut to create something for us. By that token I would suggest that if roles were reversed then Morelos would have put away at least one of the chances created.

Comparing the players is a little pointless given they are very different.

I simply see Colak coming to Rangers and working very hard to get into the team, when hes there hes done superbly. Often in games with poor service. Whatever's going on hes live and a threat. Hasnt let the Team down once with a performance.

Morelos is a good player and over the piece has been an excellent signing. However hes been a liability and what was perhaps blamable on referees and opposition players in the earlier days now seems very much self inflicted. Unfit, overweight and not use. All at times when Rangers needed him the most. Hes let the Club, Manager, Fans and his Teammates down badly. Many times. Yet hes put back in at the expense of a guy whos delivered big time.

A major mistake from a Managerial perspective I think.

Colak is a professional and Moerlos is not I'm afraid. If Morelos was match fit and took his job seriously he may well have been the right choice on the night. He is lazy and unprofessional so he's nowhere near fit, not for the first time.

Colak has been more professional about being a Rangers player in 3 months than Morelos has since he signed.

In my opinion Morelos has took the p#ss out of Rangers since day one and ruined his career in the process. His attitude and lack of dedication has caused this and its a real shame because he has plenty of ability.

If he was a dedicated professional he may well have got his wish that he was only too happy to tell us about before he kicked a ball for us. That was to play in the Premier League.

His fan boys won't agree with my opinion, he can do no wrong in their eyes.

Many great Rangers managers would have put up with his antics maybe once if at all. The last two have let him walk all over them and in turn the Club.

He is lucky it wasn't Wallace or Souness thats all I can say, he might have had to stay of insta for a few days!

I’d like to see them both playing together. Morelos playing more of a false 9, tracking back to midfield and laying off to Colak

Was laughed at for saying he was far better than Morelos.

Plenty of games for both but he’s far more fit, professional, consistent and composed.

Our number one striker.

Was laughed at for saying he was far better than Morelos.

Plenty of games for both but he’s far more fit, professional, consistent and composed.

Our number one striker.
Love the two of them but if both are fit and on top form and we are going to Parkhead who would you pick ?

Love the two of them but if both are fit and on top form and we are going to Parkhead who would you pick ?
Would probably have a better idea if I had seen Morelos fit and on top form in the last 900 years.

It’s on the rest of the players to create chances for Colak because he will carry us.

Would be shooting ourselves in the foot if we feed into this Morelos holds the ball up better so should start nonsense.

Colak’s ability to finish near enough every chance he gets is remarkable. Haven’t had a striker so lethal up top for us like him in a while.

Every type of goal. What a brace. What a striker.

Would probably have a better idea if I had seen Morelos fit and on top form in the last 900 years.

It’s on the rest of the players to create chances for Colak because he will carry us.

Would be shooting ourselves in the foot if we feed into this Morelos holds the ball up better so should start nonsense.
They are different players when Morelos is on top form he's proved he's an outstanding player for us in Europe and against them I'd like to see both play

They are different players when Morelos is on top form he's proved he's an outstanding player for us in Europe and against them I'd like to see both play
Plenty of game time for both hopefully!

Case for Morelos playing is all past tense so good luck to him trying to get back into this team over a guy who’s getting a brace every weekend.

Back