Colak the New Boyd?

He's honestly doing exactly what I expected him to do, finish whatever chance he gets. Can't say he's had much service so far yet should arguably have 4 goals in 4 games.

He's honestly doing exactly what I expected him to do, finish whatever chance he gets. Can't say he's had much service so far yet should arguably have 4 goals in 4 games.

The boy's a good player. Said it since day 1 that it was great business by us to get him in at that price, but sick of seeing people saying "he should be on 4 goals". He he had one incorrectly chopped off against Livi, and one incorrectly allowed today. He's on 3 goals & that's where he should be. Simple as that.

The boy's a good player. Said it since day 1 that it was great business by us to get him in at that price, but sick of seeing people saying "he should be on 4 goals". He he had one incorrectly chopped off against Livi, and one incorrectly allowed today. He's on 3 goals & that's where he should be. Simple as that.
I've not seen today's goal so if he was offside or something fair enough, fact is though he has basically finished every chance he has got

This thread is like todays match thread in the sense that the panty wetters were furious that Jack and Lundstram ‘can’t’ play in the same team.

Now we have the comparison of Colak to every number 9 Rangers might have had.

From ‘doesn’t do enough for me’ ‘not skilful enough’ doesn’t work as hard as Alfie’ ‘If he doesn’t work as hard as Alfie the jersey shouldn’t be his’ ‘I don’t think he can play with Alfie’ ‘Alfie is our number 9’ etc.

It just shows a spectacular lack of knowledge about football in general.

The guy is a striker, he is a different player from Alfie, can they play together, I’m sure they can, do teams always need more than one good striker?

But not Rangers fans, let’s think of everyway possible that Colak and Morelos cannot play in the same team, incredible.

Think he's a good player to have when we are up against a low block. He's got a good goals to chances ratio, which I think has been a problem for a few years.

In European games, where we are under pressure, Alfie is a better option to hold the ball up.

He's a natural finisher, doesn't have to think too hard about it. He's also good at the little 1-2's in and around the box IMO.

His goal at Livingston should have stood, that would be 3 in 3, 1 in Europe! Fancy him to score 20+ this season

I actually hope we don’t operate a ‘shirts is his‘ policy when Alfie is fit. I would rather see that in any game where we need our striker to hold play and get us up the field then Alfie is the man. However in any game where the opposition is most likely going to siege defend, or be pushed back constantly by us at Ibrox like today, then Colak would be my choice. I actually think he will do better than Alfie in games at Ibrox like today’s. However in games where the opposition push up on us or just about any game in Europe then Alfie is the man.
No argument from me that Alfie is the number one choice. I was speaking more of the present, and on Tuesday I might be thinking of starting Colak. Technically Alfie is fit, just not match fit. You can see that in his play. (The attempt to get a shot off today, and in midweek, a yard away from connecting with Kent's cross.) If we start Alfredo on Tuesday it is a risk. Yes, it might pay off for the reasons you state, but it could also be a recipe for frustration.

Its a tough call, and I dont envy the manager.

he is scoring against the low block spfl, if he keeps scoring in the league its important but alfie has bullied top top players over europe

How was boyds goalscoring in Europe I can't remember which is ridiculous lol I know he only scored 1 against the beggars.

Reminds me of Kris!
Only scores goals which,of course, is his job!
A proper old-fashioned striker who is lethal between the opposition goalposts!
Go back and rad the summer transfer thread

The amount of football know it alls who referred to him as a third choice striker was embarrassing.

You all
Know who you are. It’s in the thread referrred to.

How was boyds goalscoring in Europe I can't remember which is ridiculous lol I know he only scored 1 against the beggars.
Scored 3 goals all in 2006/07. Livorno and Auxerre away and Tel Aviv at home.

To be fair Walter barely played him in Europe once he took over.

Controversially I actually think Colak has a better first touch than Alfie, and certainly Boyd. He doesn’t have Alfie’s tenacity but certainly has the work rate. Can’t hold up as well as Alfie but also no slouch. Different kind of player, I can see him being no less effective but just does it in a different way.

He looks as if he's exactly what we've missed over the last 3 seasons, ie a striker the manager trusts to play and not run Morelos into the ground game after game.

Reminds me of Kris!
Nothing like him at all posters seem to be not watching us at all, or ever have watched Boyd.

Fs man doesn’t score for 2 games in a row, and it’s hes shite, then goes onto score for 3 games in a row, and getting compared to boyd now.
3 laughing emojis*

When he tries to get involved deeper his touch is pretty hit and miss, but when he gets a chance he puts it away. So in that respect, yes.

But he works alot harder that Boyd did at pressing / closing down defenders.

Ball to feet striker, can see why he's compared to Boyd.
Impressive stats however and long may it continue.

A lot of people seem to be stuck on the 2014 version of Boyd. In his first stint with us he was everything you could ask for in a goal scorer.

I thought he played really well .Taking his time to settle but it's plain to see he is getting there.Lethal when he gets the chance and will get better as his work rate improves which it is doing.

Reminds me of Kris!
I get the comparison and as great a poacher colak is, he has more ability than Boyd.

Wit? Just delete your profile mate.

He’s a predator in the box. He’s scores. Exactly what he was bought for.
What the f**k mate?

I am supporting Colak, not having a go like some who are. I genuinely don't know why the guy is getting stick at all. I think he's a good player and does a fair bit of work.

Delete my profile, jeebus!!!

What the f**k mate?

I am supporting Colak, not having a go like some who are. I genuinely don't know why the guy is getting stick at all. I think he's a good player and does a fair bit of work.

Delete my profile, jeebus!!!
Tongue in cheek mate.

Back