Coolest Photo in Football History

EWrfCTGWoAAaAia.jpg

My younger brother tried to win a framed/signed copy of this pic at a sportsman's auction. Ended up too rich for him unfortunately. He spoke to Jeff Winter (who was a speaker at said event & had supplied the image. Numbers were exchanged & Jeff told him he'd be back up in Scotland in a few weeks & he'd phone my brother back to supply him with 1. A few weeks go by & my brother gets the call, goes to meet Jeff the Ref & duly gets the signed/framed pic from him. It's not quite the same as the 1 here, as the 1 he brought my brother is taken straight on, with Novo appearing to look directly at the camera. It is, imho, a better 1 than the 1 here.

Has the word 'spaz' made it into the PC dictionary????

We used to use it all the time and more for a laugh than anything else,

then all of a sudden some wank hole prick in some council somewhere thought he could make a name for himself and get a bonus out of the 'I did this' ideaology,

and now society has gone furrkin tizup!!
Or you know people grew up and realised it wasn't a good idea to insult people based on having a disability.

Some absolutely tremendous pictures in here but it’s turning into, for the most part, a classic Rangers picture thread. Hardly any come close to the ‘coolest photograph in football history’.

It was actually sited next to a piggery believe it or not :D

The Piggery was at the bottom of Carntynehall Rd, about a mile from the cesspit, however you could smell if all over the east end when it was running.

Interestingly, if you go onto google maps and search for piggery in that area someone has labelled their tip and their social club as such :D

Papac is sharper than the rest of the photo. That’s the giveaway for me
Some of the reasons why it is a photoshop are bordering on madness.

It's 2020 and the latest Hollywood blockbuster can't focus in on 2 people at a time if they are a distance apart.
Using it as a reason why a photo from a decade ago isn't real seems weird.
For me it would point to the opposite.

Also the lad showing a picture taken minutes later which show Papac standing somewhere else.
Footballer in having legs and being able to walk shocker.

To the folk saying this is a photoshop, you are wrong.

1st reason, I've been using photoshop for 18 years so I can tell.

2nd, there's a fųcking video of him doing it! No floating, no weird long distance trickery no photoshop. He was the same distance he is in the photo.

You might have to watch the video a few times because it happens quick. At 9 minutes 19 seconds, Look to the left of Hemdani's forehead, you see Sasa's hands up doing the pose then at 9 minutes 22 seconds you see him jump down. Turn your brightness up and put the "fake" shite to bed once and for all because it 100% happened as it is in the photo!

Yes they do. No idea why you claim they don't.

And the photo is clearly photoahopped. There is NO ONE in the whole stand interacting with Papac. His boots are levitating above a hoarding (and have a weird outline too). I'm no photo expert whatsoever, but this is one of the clearest cases I've ever seen.

Clearly you’re not an expert as you have no concept of focal length:

Yes they do. No idea why you claim they don't.

And the photo is clearly photoahopped. There is NO ONE in the whole stand interacting with Papac. His boots are levitating above a hoarding (and have a weird outline too). I'm no photo expert whatsoever, but this is one of the clearest cases I've ever seen.
Check my post at the top of page 8. You're wrong mate.

Great thread this. I don't remember us wearing these socks too often.
Would love it if Rangers went back to a plain strip like this - badge and nothing else, that colour of blue, and not the shiny material used these days.

Edit. Replied to wrong post. Was talking about strip Henderson was wearing.

Again, look at my post at the top of page 8. There's a video of him doing it. There's eyewitnesses saying they seen him doing what he done in the video and picture.

It's 100% real.
I don’t think anyone disputes he did it but simply that the pic is an artistic interpretation of the event.

The fact that no one is even looking in his direction is enough to tell me it’s an amalgamation of two shots.

I don’t think anyone disputes he did it but simply that the pic is an artistic interpretation of the event.

The fact that no one is even looking in his direction is enough to tell me it’s an amalgamation of two shots.
Look at the video I posted. The photo is not an amalgamation of two shots. The photo hasn't been edited in any way.

Back