Copa America 2019

drgriffen you not think the VAR and the time wasted on it is a joke?? Killing the tempo of games

It isn't going away so fans just need to get used to it. I'm a big fan of cricket and initially there was a lot of pushback against the referral system. Now it is just seen as part of the game. The process does need to be quicker but that should happen as everyone gets used to how it works.

It isn't going away so fans just need to get used to it. I'm a big fan of cricket and initially there was a lot of pushback against the referral system. Now it is just seen as part of the game. The process does need to be quicker but that should happen as everyone gets used to how it works.
Will end up with no celebrations, cause everytime a goal goes in your just waiting for it to me chopped off

Typical of the weirdness of the Copa....40,000 empty seats for a group match. I am not saying that all Euros matches are 100% sold out but you'd never get a ghost crowd....albeit maybe they knew it would 0-0!

I'm going for a draw. Japan never seem to be easy to beat, always keep it tight.

I'm also predicting somebody will say "what are Japan doing in Copa America?".

D9ThpRIXYAACeJ_.jpg

D9Tk9WMX4AEjkGH.jpg

Brazil v Venezuela not a bad game despite being 0-0 at half time. Rondon came close in the first half, feels like Venezuela score and Brazil would have a collective arse-collapse and the fans will turn on them. So kind of want to see that.

VAR just ripping the arse out of this brasil game. Crowds gone nuts for two brasil goals and its still 0-0 after 90mins. First ruled out goal was offside but there was nowt wrong with the other one.

VAR just ripping the arse out of this brasil game. Crowds gone nuts for two brasil goals and its still 0-0 after 90mins. First ruled out goal was offside but there was nowt wrong with the other one.

There was. Firmino touched it in an offside position.

He was fucking rank rotten from start to finish as well.

I'm going for a draw. Japan never seem to be easy to beat, always keep it tight.

I'm also predicting somebody will say "what are Japan doing in Copa America?".
mate i was in gym yesterday and had to blink when i seen chile? v japan wtf yes im confused qatar and japan in the copa? please explain

Another fukked up 10 minute VAR delay to give a dodgy pen to the argies.

Nothing dodgy about it mate, a pretty clear hand ball. Would have been near impossible to spot in real time so it’s a good example of VAR actually bringing justice.

Why it takes them so long to actually come to their final decision is beyond me though.

Chances of Argentina actually getting the finger out and qualifying? They look like such an average team.

The problems aren't new. They've been coming and the AFA have done nothing to head them off.

I felt sympathy for Messi last night. He'll be the focus of ire from a number of supporters but what more can he do. The whole thing is a mess. It wouldn't be a surprise to see him retire for good.

The surprise is that some are surprised at how Argentina are performing.

As you say, the blame lies (for a long time) firmly at the door of AFA. Until they sort things out then nothing will change.

The surprise is that some are surprised at how Argentina are performing.

As you say, the blame lies (for a long time) firmly at the door of AFA. Until they sort things out then nothing will change.
What needs to change? They have players who should be doing better, irrespective of the AFA and even to an extent the coach.

What needs to change? They have players who should be doing better, irrespective of the AFA and even to an extent the coach.

There's a complete lack of leadership at the top of the game. They have interferred with what previous managers have tried to do and this has led to distrust (for want of a better word) between the team and those in charge.

As we have seen with other teams a new coach can make a big difference. They need to get a strong leader and let him do his job. Wont splve everything but will be a start.

There's a complete lack of leadership at the top of the game. They have interferred with what previous managers have tried to do and this has led to distrust (for want of a better word) between the team and those in charge.

As we have seen with other teams a new coach can make a big difference. They need to get a strong leader and let him do his job. Wont splve everything but will be a start.
Perhaps but when they don’t train together each week, do the players not need to do more.

Argentina seem to be the international Chelsea. On their day, can be brilliant but when they can’t be arsed, they are poor.

Perhaps but when they don’t train together each week, do the players not need to do more.

Argentina seem to be the international Chelsea. On their day, can be brilliant but when they can’t be arsed, they are poor.

I don't think it is about caring. A number of these players could have chucked it after the World Cup, but have come back for more. To me it looks like that they don't have a clue at what they are doing (as a team) and that is down to the coach. This was their average positioning from the game against Paraguay - looks a totally imbalanced team:

D9d7XS-XYAEomj1.jpg

I don't think it is about caring. A number of these players could have chucked it after the World Cup, but have come back for more. To me it looks like that they don't have a clue at what they are doing (as a team) and that is down to the coach. This was their average positioning from the game against Paraguay - looks a totally imbalanced team:

D9d7XS-XYAEomj1.jpg
Yep, fair point and facts speak for themselves. They are still weak defensively and need better players.

Who should manage them?

Why did they appoint a rookie as manager?

I'm a Messi fan but you've got to feel for him. The greatest (or one of) the best players ever quite probably will never get his hands on silverware with Argentina and a large part of that is down to terrible appointments they've made for the Argentina manager's position.

Maradona was a joke years ago and there hasn't been much improvement since.

Wouldn't be surprised if Messi retired for good after this tournament. 32 shortly and what's the point in taking so much flak when the team is going nowhere?

Back