Cortes and Sima for next season?

I wouldn't feel comfortable spending a big fee on Cortes from his brief spell with us. He looks promising but haven't seen enough to justify spending big on him.
Maybe another season loan to see how he recovers from his injury.

It would be great to make Sima deal permanent but I doubt it sadly. More realistic is another 6 months to a year with option on Cortes

I would like to see Hagi given another chance, yes he lacks pace but he gives us a creativity that we badly lack and he used to have a lot of goal involvements for us with many intricate balls against tight defences

Hard to know how Danilo will be after injury, so we need to replace Dessers and Roofe with two players rather than one.

If Roofe, Dessers, Lammers, Wright and Matondo leave plus we lose Silva and Sima then it frees up 7 players wages

That leaves Cantwell, Lawrence, Dowell and Hagi as attacking midfield options. I don't want to see any of them play central midfield. Out wide or behind striker only for me.
I don't think any have the required workrate and I'm also not sure Lawrence and Dowell suit the system we play, if they can't be used in wide areas, we should look to move them on too

Cortes, Danilo, McCausland and maybe Lowry would be all that was left in fwd areas

We would definitely need 3 or 4 strikers/wide men to strengthen

Given the need for homegrown players and a striker, we really should try to sign Shankland

If we can get Cortes on loan, yep. If we have to buy, it's a no for me. If the price is right for Sima and the money is there, then I would get it done. We need to go into next season actually thinking about racking goals up and accounting for where they're coming from (especially if we're looking at moving Tav on): Sima should have at least 15-20 goals in him. And that's assuming he's not our main striker.

Finding £4m or so for Sima may not be the priority spend in the summer and as such would rather see us prioritising a Centre Half, CM and Striker will whatever funds we have

The idea that we shouldn’t sign sima because we have other holes to fill is lunacy imo. We don’t sign sima then we need to bring in a first choice left winger again. We know sima is a good player, we should sign him.

Sign sima permanently and loan Cortes back next season. That fills the two major wholes in the wing we have. Then we need to focus on striker, centre midfield and centre back. They’re the main areas and we probably need 6 brought in all in. Two strikers, two centre midfielders and two centre backs. Sell dessers, Lammers, hagi, Goldson(if we can), Lawrence. With the form of Lammers recently we can probably make our money back, dessers we can probably get our money back as well.

Can we afford Sima and has Cortes done enough in his handful of appearances to justify a fee?

Squad needs an overhaul just like every summer it seems, so a lot will depend on how much money we have to play with.

I think Cortes showed he has real potential. Wants to beat players, has a bit of pace, quick feet and is not afraid to take a shot which a lot of players seem to be.

Sima, for me is being played out of position. He should be our number 9 just now

Doubt we could afford Sima but obviously love to have him back.

Can't be paying for Cortes after only seeing him for 6 games and then coming back from a long term injury. Never know what he will be like when he returns but every player we have had with a long term injury has came back shit.

Would maybe take another loan but there might be better options available in the summer anyway.

The fact Cortes hasn't gone back to Lens suggests we are looking/hoping to keep him on in some sort of deal.

These two on the wings next season would be excellent. Our form has dipped and we are noticeably worse with Silva instead of Cortes who was looking a really exciting signing.

Cortes on loan for another year and Sima at £5m - £7m range and that would be a great start.

Offload Dessers and Lammers and release Roofe to bring in a striker of proper quality that can finish chances and win us tight games.

Forward line next season: Sima, Danilo, Cortes, New striker.

Midfield Diomande, Sterling and New CM.

Somehow fund 2 New CB's and we will look alot better.
If we sell Butland and possibly one or two others it may be possible. Would obviously also need to fund another goalkeeper at least.

There will be a lot of juggling going on pre season.

Back