Could and should we change the F word for the C word?

The subject comes up from time to time and as of yet there has be no genuine alternative acceptable version at least none that the club,club 1872 or even the B.O.has came out and given their full backing to.

We should sing ‘sad orange bastard’ instead of 19th Century Terrorist, no one is bothered about that. Just banter.

It would melt their tiny little minds trying to figure out if they’re offended by it or not.

Hullo hullo we are the Rangers boys.
Hullo hullo you’ll know us by our noise
We’re up to our knees in Celtic blood
Surrender or you’ll die.

No different to killie, hearts or Dundee.

It’s not hard is it.

I’d rather not have their name in any of our songs, or jobby sands for that matter, but;

We hate celtic peado bast@rds couldn’t be more bang on the money.

All you need to start this is the Union bears get them to singing from the same song sheet and the rest of Ibrox would follow
Why do you think I take what I sing from the union bears . Wee boys who most weren’t even born during our greatest achievements. To me a 19th Century Terrorist is a 19th Century Terrorist , call a spade a spade . Clarke is a bitter wee shite . I said so when he first came to Kilmarnock and a lot of people on here said “ no he’s not bad , he’s ok “. I’ll stick my neck out and say I expect him to be the scum gaffer sooner than later .

Yes we can and should - we need to get on the front foot, give our enemies no ammunition then rip the fuckers apart for their hypocrisy and alterior motives - show the world the real bigots

We hate celtic, green hun bastards.

Up to our knees in green hun blood.

Syllables fit. Takes ownership back of hun term to be used against them as it originally used to be. And since media widely accepts their hun explanation of being just 'enemy' they wouldn't be able to go after us on it without properly redifining it's meaning as sectarian and needing to going after them for using it as well.

Would confuse the shit out of mentally challengeds too.

Win win.
Aye legitimising our equivalent to 19th Century Terrorist is exactly what we should do.

It's certainly worth a go and gives us some songs back that the fans can get behind.

It would probably be twisted somehow in the media but we need to start playing smart with these f*ckers.

The happiest people when we use 19th Century Terrorist are tims. They aren't and never have been offended by it. My personal choice is to change it to peado. No that really does get under their skin.

Aye legitimising our equivalent to 19th Century Terrorist is exactly what we should do.

Aye, because as things stand they are seen as equivalent and the mentally challengeds really get hammered for it eh?

And if that was how things worked, them proudly calling themselves 19th Century Terrorists would legitimise our use of the word to describe them?

For what it's worth, I couldn't give a %^*& what they sing. And I also think we should sing whatever we like too. It's the uneven, hypocrital, faux outrage bullshit generated from the other side last decade plus as a means to berate us and paint us as the sole perpetrators of 'sectarianism' and 'bigotry', while they are the sole victims, that's the real issue.

It doesn't matter what we do or do not sing... we exist. That is was offends these scumbags the most.

Make no mistake, they will NEVER stop coming after us no matter what we do.

We must attack them back, start by voting the SNP out and attempt to fight on an even battlefield. Until then, we are screwed!!!

Aye, because as things stand they are seen as equivalent and the mentally challengeds really get hammered for it eh?

And if that was how things worked, them proudly calling themselves 19th Century Terrorists would legitimise our use of the word to describe them?

For what it's worth, I couldn't give a %^*& what they sing. And I also think we should sing whatever we like too. It's the uneven, hypocrital, faux outrage bullshit generated from the other side last decade plus as a means to berate us and paint us as the sole perpetrators of 'sectarianism' and 'bigotry', while they are the sole victims, that's the real issue.
So rather than fight for what’s right we just give up? You can’t go on about hypocrites while at the same time calling people huns and also highlighting it as a sectarian insult. That would be slightly hypocritical as well as muddying the waters.

Well, if your wanting to fight for what's right then imo, that's freedom of speech and their right to say hun and our right to say 19th Century Terrorist. Who really gives a %^*& about being offended?

And Im not being a hypocrite as I quite clearly say that both us and them should be able to sing what we like and there should be even treatment of both.

I think the word should reflect our stance on more than just football in the same way Fe nian was used in the original gang song ie not just anti septic. So a word that sums up our dislike for the poets, nats and assorted enemies. I'd go for 'Rebel'

The word 19th Century Terrorist means Irish Republican and is political not sectarian. But the narrative here is too far down the road, those who feign offence have got the law, the media and generally accepted public opinion on their side. While I hate the thought of us having to change to suit our enemies, it's obvious we have to or the club we love will end up suffering.

I've read a few times over the years we just change the word 19th Century Terrorist to the word Celtic and the same songs with the same sentiments become untouchable. Celtic are the very embodiment of 19th Century Terroristism in Scotland, but they are just the name of a football club. If Killie fans can be up to their knees in Ayr blood then we must be allowed to be up to ours in Celtic blood. If cheer up to a sad Dundee bastard is acceptable, so must a Celtic one.

It becomes football club rivalry and not religious or political. Even if we mean the same thing.

Could we do that? Should we do it? Are the words so embedded they could never change to the majority? Or would a campaign to do this have a chance?

Absolutely we should. However, we wil still get the blame for all Scotland’s ills.

The subject comes up from time to time and as of yet there has be no genuine alternative acceptable version at least none that the club,club 1872 or even the B.O.has came out and given their full backing to.

This frustrates the life out of me. Because it is so easily done.

I suggested previously that on our first home game on our return to the SPL we should've had a revised version on the screens, in the match programme and on over the tannoy. What a statement it would have been.

Paedo is the obvious choice. Replacing 19th Century Terrorist for paedo throughout our songbook will turn them apoplectic and there's nothing the msm, or any normal thinking person, could really say about it. We should sing more about the greatest scandal in Scottish sport to highlight what's been going on over there.

Agree 100% mate. Over the years they've systematically worked the media by highlighting 'sectarian' singing at our matches, and have played a blinder to be fair.

For me, an amalgamation of the original and the popular terrace chant is the way to go.

Hello Hello
We are the Billy boys

Hello Hello
You'll know us by our noise

We follow Glasgow Rangers
Our hearts are strong and true

We are the people
Who cheer the boys in blue

This version could easily be sung with no problems at all. I can imagine the 'we are the people' line getting belted out mid song as well.

The word 19th Century Terrorist means Irish Republican and is political not sectarian. But the narrative here is too far down the road, those who feign offence have got the law, the media and generally accepted public opinion on their side. While I hate the thought of us having to change to suit our enemies, it's obvious we have to or the club we love will end up suffering.

I've read a few times over the years we just change the word 19th Century Terrorist to the word Celtic and the same songs with the same sentiments become untouchable. Celtic are the very embodiment of 19th Century Terroristism in Scotland, but they are just the name of a football club. If Killie fans can be up to their knees in Ayr blood then we must be allowed to be up to ours in Celtic blood. If cheer up to a sad Dundee bastard is acceptable, so must a Celtic one.

It becomes football club rivalry and not religious or political. Even if we mean the same thing.

Could we do that? Should we do it? Are the words so embedded they could never change to the majority? Or would a campaign to do this have a chance?
You’d think!

Celtic or rebel work for me.

I’m not entirely comfortable with singing about paedos in any of our songs to be honest. Yes I understand the desire to shine a spotlight on the cover up but I’m not convinced that chanting about it in songs is the way to do that, for me it trivialises the issue and doesn’t assist the victims. I’m in no doubt it would also be turned into another stick to beat us with so would be self defeating.

or how about "Timmy's Blood"

No!

'We'll sing the Sash and Derry's walls Surrender or you'll die'

Is perfect replacement and should be sang at all times to exact change if required, we don't need to be up to our knees in any blood for the song to be kept close to it's
sentiment.

The club could really do something here.

Play our songbook with the right wordswords on the jumbotrons while operating a zero tolerance on sectarianism.

Although, I'm very much still in the camp that the club should reject the narrative of our enemies.

I got criticised on here for saying the club should get together with Club 1872, the SLO, UBs and reps from supporters' clubs. Agree on what can and cant be sung. Get the right words up on the big screens and lets be proactive.

For example we have a Rangers' version of TBB. Its better than the one we currently sing and its totally inoffensive.

I believe our enemies wouldn't be happy knowing we were cleaning up our act and I think it would bring even more fans to the cause.

We should do it as we simply aren't going to win by continuing using 19th Century Terrorist. We know there is an agenda and we know it's all one way but things are only going to get worse for us if we clean up our act.

Sort ourselves out then continue to highlight incidents where we are the victims. Constantly. That's the way to beat this.

When we play Killie change to sad make bastard

When we play Celtic change it to.sad provo bastard

Back