Crawford Allan to step down at end of season

The referees aren’t the best but the 19th Century Terrorist media is a disgrace. They are pulling their strings like puppets and then throwing them under the bus when the strings aren’t enough.

Until we rid ourselves of these bastards likes of Stewart/Sutton/ with the compliant platforms giving by BBC sportscene/Sky Sports/ Daily Record then Scottish football is manipulated to such an extent that it is match fixing.

Celtic already looking into his replacement no doubt and the SFA will await their instruction.

He was clearly an absolutely useless turd and should have been booted out never mind standing down. The tech is fine, the morons using it aren't and these guys in the SFA are amongst the worst the planet will ever see. Which is saying something considering the state of referees worldwide is atrocious.

He still hasn't condemned Rodgers or Celtc for their deliberate and targeted campaign against Beaton after the Hearts game at Tynecastle.

Exactly, when everyone and their granny including Sky’s ref watch Dermot Gallagher and his colleagues agreed every decision other than to award celtic a penalty was correct.

He is another sh!teabag within the rancid organisation.

Fearful of upsetting the beasts from the East because he knows from the Board, through their manager to their players they can single out and criticise officials putting a target on their back without impunity.

They have a free pass to intimidate every official, to the extent they are fearful of giving straight forward decisions,

This is honestly something I don't get, VAR gets more right than it does wrong and at the end of the day it is still being operated by humans.

My main change to how VAR is used is to stop finding things to disallow goals for. Use it for what it was intended for, clear and obvious errors, not to check if someone was a millimeter offside
You’d bin something that gets “more right than wrong” and stop it creating even more correct decisions?
Personally, I’d use it more.

Allan is probably being binned for not apologising to Rodgers and Celtc immediately after the Hearts game.
Or resigned when he was told the next time your lot mess up in a Rangers game, you have to apologise to Rangers!
He is on the phone pronto on a Monday morning if it is Hibs, Livi, them, but never us!

If any of you think the SFA will have the vision to bring in a professional from outwith Scotland that might increase transparency and drive performance improvements, I've some magic beans to sell you
The scum would still complain.
Would need to come from Falls Road or Bogside.
RoI wouldn’t be enough as proven when Jon Daly was the wrong kind of RoI catholic to sign for us.

Where did I say I would bin it?
You didn’t say “bin” anything.
You did post about changes you’d make to its operation, stopping its use for instances you don’t think it was intended for.
Is this correct?
So you’d stop certain things?
“Bin” not a fair synonym for “changing” in this instance?

Refs are living in a goldfish bowl and under intolerable media scrutiny. I am amazed any of them still want to do it.

Everybody involved with football has to accept we can’t have a game without refs. Sure some of them are not good. But is the environment they are working in helping improve them?

Need a look at what we do. Should be talking to other similar countries and looking at ref sharing programmes. This can’t go on.

Refs are living in a goldfish bowl and under intolerable media scrutiny. I am amazed any of them still want to do it.

Everybody involved with football has to accept we can’t have a game without refs. Sure some of them are not good. But is the environment they are working in helping improve them?

Need a look at what we do. Should be talking to other similar countries and looking at ref sharing programmes. This can’t go on.
1st point fair comment.

2nd point i dont accept all the cheating the no game without refs argument is piss poor, they should be honest.

3rd fair enough we would benefit in old firms.

I think hes bolting cos hes worried Rangers are going to win it if Celtic were 10 clear he would be doing interviews with Peter McGuire or Radio clyde and other tim media about how wonderful refs are and how lucky we are to have them.

Being serious it should be someone coming in from outside Scottish football that gets it and overhauls the officiating in this country.
There’s absolutely zero chance of it happening though.
Collum must be near retiring - what’s the odds he gets “moved upstairs”?
Collum or Clancey. Definitely not one of us.

Time for a comeback?

It may be funny but Dallas was the last official to come out of this country that operated at the very highest levels of football.

Since he was hounded out the door for a joke (and let's face it, accurate) email, the standard of refereeing has somehow plummeted from poor to absolutely abhorrent.

He's the most qualified person for the job by a country mile but would never be considered for it, primarily because he was the ref when we won the league at Parkhead.

It may be funny but Dallas was the last official to come out of this country that operated at the very highest levels of football.

Since he was hounded out the door for a joke (and let's face it, accurate) email, the standard of refereeing has somehow plummeted from poor to absolutely abhorrent.

He's the most qualified person for the job by a country mile but would never be considered for it, primarily because he was the ref when we won the league at Parkhead.
This terrible standard of refereeing, do you think we will ever benefit from it ?

Just catching up with this and having read the statement, it basically says we are going to review the role to ensure it covers all the areas that have evolved and changed... but we are recruiting from now, even though we can't say what the role will be, we are recruiting now, even though we probably already know who Liewell has picked, we will start the charade of a recruitment process for a role we haven't defined.

9 of our 12 league penalties this season have been awarded by VAR. That's 9 penalties we wouldn't have received. Why would you want it scrapped?

Im all for VAR, I think its been a great thing. Especially for the penalties…

I do think its being manipulated against us in certain scenarios. Roofe OF goal for example…

I hear the SFA have contacted Vlad Putin for advice on recruiting the appropriate candidate for the position.

Being serious it should be someone coming in from outside Scottish football that gets it and overhauls the officiating in this country.
There’s absolutely zero chance of it happening though.
Collum must be near retiring - what’s the odds he gets “moved upstairs”?

That was supposedly the byline for the introduction of clowns like Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster into the Scottish game FFS.
The former a real (but largely unknown) *** head-hunted by the ***s in authority specifically for the job, and the latter (another relative unknown) but only too willing and over-paid shill to Lawwell's sly cheating bias.

Im all for VAR, I think its been a great thing. Especially for the penalties…

I do think its being manipulated against us in certain scenarios. Roofe OF goal for example…

A lot more than the Roofe goal. We should have had a penalty in the same game which VAR chose to ignore. There's been plenty of instances this season where it all depends on who is operating it.

The whole refereeing landscape needs changed up here with full-time professionals, it's infested with Sellik-minded place men.

Match day VAR teams should operate outwith Scotland as well imo for parity.
They have to be made full time. That way it’s easier to hold them to account, provide training etc.

Hopefully a highly respected ex ref from England.
Rangers should be pushing for an appointment like this.
A well known beggar gets it and nothing will change. Madden or Dallas for example getting it and they'll over compensate to prove they are neutral, like a lot of supposed Rangers supporting ref's do.

Madden would be perfect for working with Celtic and the media to improve relations and answer any questions they might have about not getting absolutely everything from the ref anytime they drop points.

Sounds like he’s jumping before the push.

There’s a few rumours going round of pressure from the other mob re VAR audio of their game v Hearts being unavailable and the tims ready to go to town.

Sounds like he’s jumping before the push.

There’s a few rumours going round of pressure from the other mob re VAR audio of their game v Hearts being unavailable and the tims ready to go to town.

Funny that eh…

But when we bring it up and question it we get laughed put of town.

Back