Croatia vs England

About to board a flight home from Croatia to Edinburgh, I've got a bit caught up in this so hope they win.

Wouldn't be sad to see England win though.

I hope england win cos i feel if they do, they can take france.

I have no hate for england and can tune the commentators out. Itll give me great pleasure knowing the utter rage its causing a certain group of people!

Go on England, take it home!

This game will be some comedown from last night. Think it will be a total slog in the midfield with limited breaks in open play and few chances created.

Don’t want England to win but can’t help but feel Harry Kane will be the difference. 1-0 England would be my bet.

I can’t see there being anymore than 1 goal in it either way. England need to play to their strengths with a lot of balls into the box etc, if they try and play Croatia at nice football they will lose.

It'll be close but I hope Croatia finally put an end to this "football coming home" circus.

A final would be too much to bear.

A win just doesn't bear thinking about.

Currently down in Liverpool with the missus. Atmosphere in town is really good. Don’t really care who wins tbh but going out to enjoy the atmosphere anyway.

Currently down in Liverpool with the missus. Atmosphere in town is really good. Don’t really care who wins tbh but going out to enjoy the atmosphere anyway.

Yup down south too and I love the atmosphere it brings. The people are buzzing and fair play to them. I hope they do win it. For many many many reasons despite being a Scottish rangers fan who still follows Scotland.

Radio 1 with 30 minutes of anthems has me pumped for the game.

Think it will be tight with England just about shading it.

Really difficult to call though as both teams have had good spells in games so far without being consistently good or bad.

Can see this going in to extra time and possibly penalties.
Both teams aren't exactly World beaters, just been lucky that the mighty Germany, Argentina, Brazil and Spain didn't turn up.
Whether you want England to win and I do the honest truth is they have played no one up till now except Belgium who beat them and win or lose tonight barring a miracle like France getting a player sent off or something they have literally no chance against a team with the quality of France who are by far in my opinion easily the best team in the world right know.

Will a tense one for sure. I could see Modric being able to unlock the England back line.

Anyway, a plea: could posters please refrain from telling people who they should support. Some people want England to win, some don't, and some aren't bothered. Let's just leave it at that.

Thanks, can I choose Option 2 please?

For all those reckoning Croatia will be knackered after 2 long games, the reality is they have only played an extra 30 minutes of actual football more than England. If Modric and Rakitic are on their game they will dominate the game and give Mandzukic opportunities. Croatia weak link is likely their left back Strinic, took them until more than 70 minutes to sub him in Russia game.

As I am wearing my red and white checks today I am rooting for a local win. Will be a close 2-1 Hrvatska.
They'll be fine, they had a full 72 hours rest since Saturday, more than enough for a pro athlete

The Croatians are dead on their feet so should be a win for the English. Unless they bottle it. Hope they do it But i can't see them beating the French.

Looks like I'm in a minority of one on this one although for a change my predictions have gone well this tournament.

Croatia are the best side England have faced yet.

3 1 to Croatia

England have to go full throttle the first half and tire out the Croats. Do that and its into the Final no problem.

Looking forward to seeing if Englands reserves can get their revenge on Belgium reserves on Saturday

Whether you want England to win and I do the honest truth is they have played no one up till now except Belgium who beat them and win or lose tonight barring a miracle like France getting a player sent off or something they have literally no chance against a team with the quality of France who are by far in my opinion easily the best team in the world right know.

England reserves vs Belgium reserves. And England made a very decent Colombia side (who most said were the hardest team this side of the draw) look pretty pish to be honest except one half of extra time. Sweden played very well in every game they played with admittedly some very poor finishing at times, apart from vs England were they didn't have a sniff.

You can think France will win all you like, but don't try and say England have played nobody any use.

England reserves vs Belgium reserves. And England made a very decent Colombia side (who most said were the hardest team this side of the draw) look pretty pish to be honest except one half of extra time. Sweden played very well in every game they played with admittedly some very poor finishing at times, apart from vs England were they didn't have a sniff.

You can think France will win all you like, but don't try and say England have played nobody any use.
Good points.

I noticed on the pre-WC thread about the best player (started in May) somebody predicted Panama could surprise England! The truth is England are the surprises of this tournament, and have risen to the challenge whenever called upon, beating everyone they had to.

England win. 2 or 3 to 1.

Hopefully it's a good open entertaining game, although that being said @ Steve A Stevens will be good sport if he has another meltdown :p

Colombia spent about 75 minutes trying to wind the England players up and then decided when that wasn't working, to play some football

England didn't look clever at all in that last 15 minutes or the extra time period against Colombia, so teams that actually try to play football have a good chance

Whoever wins tonight will be playing France in a 1 off 90 minute match.
There will be more expectation on France to win and this is just a 1 off match and how many times have you seen the underdogs beat the heavy favourites.
All you have to do is look back as far, as the final of us against hibs.

Last edited:
tbf england are pretty average the arent as good as the press would have you believe

I don't care what the press say, I've watched most games this World Cup, and they are definitely one of the more impressive teams. Sounds like you base you opinion on the press rubbing you up the wrong way mate.

England have had a remarkably easy run up to now, but I actually think they have enough to beat Croatia.

Living down here and having English kids/wife means I'm sort of obliged to support them. Would love Scotland to be in a tournament again. Don't really care about all the toxicity that goes with Scottish football - would just like to see my country represented at an international tournament so I've got a vested interest.

People saying Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina , Portugal etc didn’t turn up. They did, they just happened to be shit.

And people say but Holland , Italy etc didn’t qualify. Yep, because they were shit too.

No teams set this WC alight, but England are a solid team unit.
Only King Harry is World Class but a team that plays as a cohesive unit, with good morale and discipline beats a team relying on one or two superstars any day.

And that’s the reason England are in the SEMI FINAL of the WC!!!

I don't care what the press say, I've watched most games this World Cup, and they are definitely one of the more impressive teams. Sounds like you base you opinion on the press rubbing you up the wrong way mate.
wrong mate like you ive seen most games and i think england have rode their luck i just think croatia have more too them than england

Just having walked a number of streets through London to the station I can sense that win or lose tonight there could be pockets of carnage in towns and cities up and down the country. Got that feel about it :D

2-1 England I say.

Should be some night's entertainment anyway. English folk must have that feeling in their stomach we did before Florence. I went for a meal straight from work that night and could barely even touch it.

I can't see them beating this Croatian team though.

Colombia spent about 75 minutes trying to wind the England players up and then decided when that wasn't working, to play some football

England didn't look clever at all in that last 15 minutes or the extra time period against Colombia, so teams that actually try to play football have a good chance
I think England didn’t play to their best in the game either. I think they can play better and be more clinical. Kane, Sterling and Lingard could all have been better on the day. I think Rashford could also be a decent option from the bench, if required.

This will be a hard one for England. If they can cut out the mistakes and slackness in the last third they will probably win anything less and they will be in trouble.

I know Croatia have played 2 extra time matches but England have gone to one as well. Add in Henderson supposedly has a knock despite playing and i can see Croatia absolutely dominating the midfield. Have always loved Croatia's kits and they've always been country i like to see do well but wouldn't be disappointed if England won either.

2-1 Croatia for me

Back