Cup final against them - current thoughts?

Prior to beating them last season under GvB the last time we beat them at Hampden was under Warburton when we were in the Championship.

We subsequently lost the final to Championship Hibs.

That started a run of 6 defeats on the bounce at Hampden.

Prior to beating Celtic in the semi last year we only had 2 wins out our previous 10 appearances at Hampden.
Alternatively, we haven't been beaten at Hampden in last 3 visits.

As is always the way, I'm confident we'll get the win until the day of. Then i'll veer violently from we'll smash these Immanuel Kants to please just don't let it be another 3-0 down at half time about 60 times in the space of 5 minutes.

Given our recent history, i can't even say that we should play this like it was a cup final.

All jokes aside, I'm quietly confident we'll get the win in extra time.

Bring it on! After last year's massive games literally every week I'm missing the thrill of the big important games. I have erased this years champions league from memory btw. Damn, now I've remembered :(

really want to be playing Cantwell, but where do we play Fashion Jnr, as he will tear them at Hampden.

It's a massive game. I think it's 55-45 in their favour on the basis I think they are more free scoring.

We are not afraid going into these games anymore, that was our biggest hurdle to overcome. Under Gio, often we were beat before the game started.

We are on the way up, whatever happens its clear we are improving. I see this game as 50/50, they have more firepower, but they leave gaps which we can exploit.

Bring it on.

It'll be hard to win against a team who attack at pace, score a lot of chances and seem to get favourable decisions from officials.
We'll need to be at our best defensively and score with our chances. Midfield will be a big part of the game and we'll need to boss them to win.

Excited for it no doubt will soon turn to nerves
A chance to win a trophy against they bastards is a game which the players should need no extra motivation

More confident of a performance against them than I am of one against thistle. We were by far the better team last time out and we have pushed on a lot since then.

I feel very similar as I did to the one we were robbed of by the crooked officials. Feels the start of something good with our manager, the gap is closing again, their manager will be having a breakdown soon, and whether it’s this time or not, I feel it’s inevitable we will be bettering them again in the near future.

I know we have a few games before then but allowing myself to look ahead to this game.

What are you current confidence levels?

We will score against them but won't keep clean sheet with current goalkeeping issues.

Sakala and Kent can be the difference I feel.

They'll be favourites but I don't see us losing this.
Here’s my thoughts , by the final fat Ange will be at Leeds and the beggars are in disarray . We win the final and close the gap at the top . It’s then 56 for the famous

In a one off game I think we are capable of beating them. We will need to reach the same heights as we did against hearts recently and convert our chances.

A slow start just won't do in this game, we will need to be zoned in and on it from the first whistle. Show them too much respect and they will walk all over us. We owe them and their manager a real doing, I want us to blow them apart, leave them shell shocked and begging for mercy.

I've been confident from the start. I'll no doubt start to get nervous as it gets closer but right now I think we will take care of them no problem.

I know we have a few games before then but allowing myself to look ahead to this game.

We will score against them but won't keep clean sheet with current goalkeeping issues.

They are favourites, but we are also on a good run and players starting to bubble - with added competition for places.

It depends how both teams set up, if we try to contain them we are toast IMO.
If we impose our game, play a near pristine game and do the basics right, its there for the taking.

We look in a far better place than the last OF and we were very good in that.

Think we’ll all see a return to peak era gerrard old firms were MB basically sorted it all tactically and neutered their midfield.

Think it'll be delicious if we win with the ramping up we are currently seeing with their friends in the media going on about Var and handballs.

Make no mistake this is a must-win game as I can't stand to see and hear the chat about another treble for this horrible club if they win.

Get them pumped Rangers!

Let's hope it's a day when we're really on it ,let's win it but win it well and show them f×#k all respect.

Out the traps with the battle fever on and no slacking,The team who wants it most and puts in the hardest work will win it.

It will be difficult, they are a good team. However, so are we. If we play to the best of our abilities there is no reason that we can’t do it.

play with good intensity and good press and we'll win with something to spare, Cantwell to show his magic and Raskin to show himself to be the player we all believe he can/will be, he'll cause havoc to that tim midfield
I've never feared them and think I have a good grasp of their true standards
and MB's game against them at Ibrox, that just reaffirmed it.
And I bet MB is of the same mindset too, he knows he has the beating of them if back him, simples

Last edited:
Prior to beating them last season under GvB the last time we beat them at Hampden was under Warburton when we were in the Championship.

We subsequently lost the final to Championship Hibs.

That started a run of 6 defeats on the bounce at Hampden.

Prior to beating Celtic in the semi last year we only had 2 wins out our previous 10 appearances at Hampden.

Currently 3 wins on the trot, hopefully 4 in a couple of weeks!

MB has little or no respect for them and although that can sometimes be a dangerous thing I don't think it will be . I'm going 2-1 for the famous with no controversy., even though they'll try and make it out that way.

I don’t think we’re as great as our run of form suggests, I’ve never thought they’re great shakes despite their run of form.
Ibrox proved we can compete, Raskin and Cantwell will only enhance that.
I think we can beat them and I think we will beat them…possibly in 120

It's gonnae be a hard match, which we're more than capable of winning and lifting the trophy. Midfield's gonnae be the key, so Michael Beale has a big decision to make on who's playing and how we set-up. In all honesty, I've got every confidence in him to make the right decisions to set us up for a victory, as he's got great tactical awareness and will be desperate to lift that silverware. Let's also hope our forwards have got their 'scoring boots' on and give this bunch o' greetin faced b*stards a good doing, wi all our goals not open to any argument or debate. Nae doubt however, that arsehole wi ears Michael Stewart, will find something to complain about.

Hopefully, this is gonnae be the start o' better things to come for Rangers, when we see 'natural order' being restored :))

My fear in games against them at the moment is that they have a far better goalie and far more clinical centre forward, and wide forwards. Until those things are sorted I have limited confidence against them. We need more chances to score from and we need to give away less chances too.

We must win this

Our defence, which I believe indivually and collectively is a shambles, will be the deciding factor.

Play as they can? Then we win.

Play as they mostly have all season then we will struggle.

50:50. Which ever team is more up for it on the day and makes fewer mistakes will win.

Strangely optimistic.

The team are now finding a way to win. Beale will outsmart the fat Aussie.

Cantwell will be a massive influence on the game. I can see him running the show for us and giving them nightmares.

Kent’s finding his form again and he terrorises them.

Fashion getting in behind.

It’s happening bears.

lets not kid ourselves on, they are a decent side with players capable of punishing mistakes that other teams in the spl dont capitalise on. the exact same could be said in reverse though. i think a lot of these games are decided by the players in the middle of the park, if lundstram is on it from the first minute in the middle of the park it lifts the teams energy. If we start to get over run in there then everything falls apart.

Back