Cup final against them - current thoughts?

We'll know within the first 10 minutes how this game will go. If we are on it like against Hearts, I will be confident. Pressing high, aggressive and picking up 2nd balls. It will come down to mental strength. Treat them like the shit on your shoes.

Biggest game of our season so far. It’s a must win cup final. Beat them and their invincibility is gone. I’ve got a feeling that Beale has brought the winning mentality back. I think we will beat them by two clear goals. High press and get in about them. They’re not as good as they think they are.

Like a lot people on here i don't usually feel confident as it tends to go fubar but I can't help feeling we will destroy them, hopefully our new signings will shine on the day, if they do then my optimism will be justified.

Be interesting to see if we go with the quick long ball to the front 3 like we did at Tynecastle, and to see how they cope

Like a lot people on here i don't usually feel confident as it tends to go fubar but I can't help feeling we will destroy them, hopefully our new signings will shine on the day, if they do then my optimism will be justified.
I think it might still be too early for some of our new signings but not too late for a last hurrah from some of the old crew.

I do expect cantwell to shine however.

Happy to go in as underdogs. Media always creaming their pants about how amazing they are.

They've had just as many scrappy wins as us, as well as a few last minute wins.

We have more depth now which can only help.

All about who wants it more really

Right now Aaron Mooy who came from Shanghai Port F.C in Chinese league is probably a strong candidate for thier POTY which to me doesn't say much about the overall quality of that squad.

They've been the best of a very bad bunch in the league this season that's all.

Under Gio we looked beat before a ball was kicked going into a lot of these types of games but things have changed now we are back to being much more aggressive.

I think fat Ange is long overdue being taken down a peg or two.

For the first time in a long time we have the better midfield. An area they have often dominated. Press forward and they will not be able to cope.

It’s going to be very tight and we are going to have to pay full attention when there are set pieces.
The last thing I want to see happen if for us to fall asleep when a corner, free kick or throw in is being taken
Yeah can see us having some domination without scoring first 20 then just switching off, still need to stop losing the poorest of goals when being on top.
Score 1st and the 2nd will follow

I thought we showed in the game at Ibrox we are more than capable of winning comfortably. Unfortunately we also showed how we can shoot our self’s in the foot. Beale needs to be brave and keep an attacking formation even if we are in front.
This. Six goals they've scored against us this season and they've pretty much all been utter dogshit. Individual errors, comic cuts goalkeeping and levels of concentration akin to a primary school team. Cut out the amateur hour stuff at the back and we're more than capable of causing them damage at the other end.

My only concern is our defence. Hopefully they are switched on and our midfield and attack are more than capable of hurting them.

This team is getting stronger and more confident every week and the schedule with no midweeks should give Beale some time to work on stuff on the training ground.

Not playing against a low block often brings the best out of this team.

If we play like we did at tynecastle then I think we will beat them, unfortunately we don’t play to that level too often. Hopefully hampden is one of the occasions we do.

If the Rangers end is anything like it was in last years semi-final, we’ll win. One of the best ends I’ve been in for getting right behind the team.

Beale will have the squad fired up for it. He’ll want it as badly as us.

Biggest question for me is who doesn’t start out of Sakala, Cantwell, Kent and Tilllman?

Sakala is probably the obvious one but I think we need his pace and he always causes them problems.

Good problem to have for once. Confident we will have the upper hand under Beale

They've had two convincing wins against us in about three years, both at Parkhead against the absolute worst of Gio's teams

Quietly confident. I think we will be fired up for it though, and I hope we try and bully them.

Hampden OF games tend to be a wee bit more 50/50 than league games, so will depend on who takes their chances, which both teams will have.

We were the better team in the semi last year, with better chances, yet could have went 2-0 down when Vickers hit the bar. Had that went in, then we would probably not have come back from that.

Ryan Jack starting though.

Tillman bursting forward from midfield.

Arfield and Sakala on later if we chasing a goal.

Fingers crossed we can get Roofe back for the bench.

2-1 win.

Precursor to hopefully a cup double.

Important to win though. Not just the cup element - will be the first proper marker between managers and that’s crucial.

My confidence on our head-to-heads with them over the last year has taken a knock to be honest

We’ve played well in the last must win game against them but still came up short

I think it will be tight either way but I’m nervous when so many bears are predicting we’ll pump them ……hope they’re right mind you

A bit worried we will play too many attacking players and end up overrun in the middle. One thing is for sure they will be goals

I think we will win comfortably, Beale has that fat Australian cùnts card marked big time..

I know we have a few games before then but allowing myself to look ahead to this game.

What are you current confidence levels?

We will score against them but won't keep clean sheet with current goalkeeping issues.

Sakala and Kent can be the difference I feel.

They'll be favourites but I don't see us losing this.

My current thoughts are we simply have to win, but that’s every other game.

Losing another final to them though is pretty unthinkable.

Kent and Cantrell will be the difference. Add in Sakala - who seems to be this teams Lovenkrands against them - coming on when their legs are heavy and I'm confident we are winning.

They will underestimate us. Nothing surer. And like somebody else mentioned, the big Greek leaving will be a factor.

Head: We’re still making too many mistakes defensively.
The goalkeeping situation is a real issue .
Converting chances must improve.

Heart: I fancy our chances,

It's difficult to predict which Rangers side will turn up half to half let alone week to week. Results have been good but the performances have been poor other than Hearts away.

We just need to find a way to win and get in their heads for next season

I think we’ll raise our game to fit the occasion.

If nothing else Beale has instilled a winning mentality so I don’t fear the sort of gutless capitulations we saw under Gio.

I think it’ll be very tight therefore and probably involve controversy, but there’s an opportunity for the manager and his players to really lay down a marker by winning this.

Kings of the League Cup.

Make it so.

We should have bought a quick strong physical striker in the window as would certainly give us the options upfront we need.
I'd like Colak and Roofe to be back as they can also have a part to play.
I fancy Sakala to score against them as they cannot handle him at all.
Be interesting to see Raskin and Cantwell against them.

I’m more confident of us beating a team like them who will come out and attack us rather than a big physical packed defence set up. Bring it on!!!

Back