Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let all the usual suspects go to the non glamours games, sometimes including midweekers, needing time off work but see when it comes to those big ones that everyone wants to go to, you aren’t getting to go because we are sharing them.

Class logic. Hope you don’t need to make any important decisions in your job.
Exactly Livingston away in this competition is the perfect example . Anyone who wanted a ticket that night could have got . Many couldn’t make it but you can bet if we’d being playing the mhanks at home that night 99.9% would have freed them self’s up .

So, going by what you are saying you’d be quite happy to not be able to renew your Season Ticket for next season, have it entered into a ballot with people who don’t have one so there’s an equal share for others wanting one?

No one is saying that though, I don't think there is a perfect way of doing things. And if folk that go to the majority of games miss out on cup finals that isn't 'fair' I get that, I just don't get the way some on here have taken the bad news of not getting a ticket in the ballot. They should contact the SLO instead of getting personal with posters who have a different view to them.

Let all the usual suspects go to the non glamours games, sometimes including midweekers, needing time off work but see when it comes to those big ones that everyone wants to go to, you aren’t getting to go because we are sharing them.

Who are these people that dont go to wee games that got a ticket today? Where did you get this from?

Tickets to the 'big' games should go to those who go to the 'small' games as well.

But they already do... they go to only those who have season tickets, who have purchased all non-league home games. We aren't talking about folk who only go to the 'big' games. I personally don't think it needs to be boiled down any further. The ballot is fair - no ST holder is more deserving than another in my book. RSCs deserve theirs too - in most cases again going to fans who travel to the most matches.

I got a ticket this time - but have missed the other games against them in recent years. Disappointing at the time but the fairest way to do it.

With a points based system, you would see a significant drop in guaranteed income for the club, with CCCS numbers reducing (as fans not on the scheme, but considering joining, won't bother as they know they won't have a chance at a ticket for the 'big' games at Hampden). Why would they bother, without an incentive?

You're acting like you deserve some kind of reward for going to Rangers games mate. I'm sure everyone on here loves going to the games, and for away games especially just getting a ticket these days is a privilege.

I managed to make it to Ross County away the other week, which for understandable reasons a lot of people had to miss.

Not once did I sit there and think "well I better get a ticket for the final because I've made the effort to come all the way up here".

You go to away games knowing there's nothing else to gain other than getting to see your team play.

People expecting to be rewarded for it are coming across as spoiled brats to me.

The thing I don't like is that people on friendships get a ticket if either come out the ballot?

Anyone know if that's true or not? Or is it balanced out in some way?

I'm not moaning. Just curious

What's with the personal stuff?
If I was in a similar position I'd be pissed off not getting a ticket, don't take out that disappointment out on fellow Rangers fans who dare have a different opinion to you.

You're acting like you deserve some kind of reward for going to Rangers games mate. I'm sure everyone on here loves going to the games, and for away games especially just getting a ticket these days is a privilege.

I managed to make it to Ross County away the other week, which for understandable reasons a lot of people had to miss.

Not once did I sit there and think "well I better get a ticket for the final because I've made the effort to come all the way up here".

You go to away games knowing there's nothing else to gain other than getting to see your team play.

People expecting to be rewarded for it are coming across as spoiled brats to me.

I expect to be rewarded, that’s how a loyalty scheme works. Thankfully that’s how rscs work and not some daft ballot rewarding those who pick and choose.

I know plenty guys who were successful today and weren’t at the previous round vs Livi for example.

I understand you're annoyed mate but the guys who got tickets are guys who pump hundreds and hundreds of guaranteed income into Rangers every year.

You're coming across as if it's guys who go to a handful of games. Yes there will be guys like that in our end that day but not many of them will be cccs allocated tickets. More the odd mate of a bus convener.

You'd think that guys who've not been to a single game this season have ended up with tickets the way some people are going on. And of course the tickets are being "shared".

I understand you're annoyed mate but the guys who got tickets are guys who pump hundreds and hundreds of guaranteed income into Rangers every year.

You're coming across as if it's guys who go to a handful of games. Yes there will be guys like that in our end that day but not many of them will be cccs allocated tickets. More the odd mate of a bus convener.

I’m annoyed how the system is. I’ll have a ticket so not annoyed on missing out but it’s the principle of it.

Can see it now 10 year old kids asking their dad “will we get to go to hampden” the dad will say no son you have to go to every game home and away for the next 5 years before you have a chance as old John two rows down has been shouting abuse at the games for 50 years
Ah but old John (insert any other name that comes into your head) has probably been supporting his team faithfully for 50 years or more both home and away. No excuse for shouting abuse though. Hopefully you are fortunate to have good health so when you are old Henderson55 and I am 114 years old, you will not be someone who shouts abuse.

Shouting abuse is not an action which is exclusively associated with only the more mature supporter.

I’m annoyed how the system is. I’ll have a ticket so not annoyed on missing out but it’s the principle of it.

I agree to an extent but, equally, those who were in the ballot have all given Rangers the same amount of money as you this year. The exact same.

Some people don't do away games because they don't want to fund other clubs. Some because they aren't fortunate enough to be able to get tickets. Not because they don't want them.

Facts are everyone in the ballot has pumped money into Rangers this year equally. Forget other clubs.

Therefore everyone in the ballot was equally entitled in my view.

I agree to an extent but, equally, those who were in the ballot have all given Rangers the same amount of money as you this year. The exact same.

Some people don't do away games because they don't want to fund other clubs. Some because they aren't fortunate enough to be able to get tickets. Not because they don't want them.

Facts are everyone in the ballot has pumped money into Rangers this year equally. Forget other clubs.

Bingo.

Some fair points in that post I suppose but I still don’t think it’s right or fair that new season ticket holders this season can be eligible for one over those who have been in the scheme much longer.

These kind of games should be done like the Travel Club. A points system.

I'd imagine that's the logic Rangers use when implementing the cccs/semi final/final schemes

Some fair points in that post I suppose but I still don’t think it’s right or fair that new season ticket holders this season can be eligible for one over those who have been in the scheme much longer.

People would just sell tickets they don't want and claim the point. There's no system that's going to please everyone.

People would just sell tickets they don't want and claim the point. There's no system that's going to please everyone.

I don’t really think that will happen in huge numbers to be honest. This is a worst case scenario and whilst some might do it, it would be on a huge scale.

There should be a loyalty scheme. If you tick the box for the European games , if you go to all they smaller round cup ties prior to the bigger games.

I’m probably just ranting because I never got one, but I go to all home games and I’ve ticked the box for away games and have done for years. I know a time least 4 people who only got season tickets this year and got a ticket for the final and just doesn’t seem fair.

But they already do... they go to only those who have season tickets, who have purchased all non-league home games. We aren't talking about folk who only go to the 'big' games. I personally don't think it needs to be boiled down any further. The ballot is fair - no ST holder is more deserving than another in my book. RSCs deserve theirs too - in most cases again going to fans who travel to the most matches.

I got a ticket this time - but have missed the other games against them in recent years. Disappointing at the time but the fairest way to do it.

With a points based system, you would see a significant drop in guaranteed income for the club, with CCCS numbers reducing (as fans not on the scheme, but considering joining, won't bother as they know they won't have a chance at a ticket for the 'big' games at Hampden). Why would they bother, without an incentive?

I mentioned earlier in the thread I'm aware of supporters that buy a ST and CCCS and only attend 'bigger' games.

The clubs should track who is attending - and those with highest attendance get priority. Why should someone that goes to Ibrox every second week miss out to someone that only shows up if we play the beggars or euro games?

At the end of the day it's all about Rangers ensuring maximum ticket sales for non- season ticket games. If people were excluded from ticking the semi and final box or knew they had no chance then they potentially wouldn't tick the non season ticket home games box.

Edit: For the record I never got one on cccs, will likely get one through RSC.

I’d love to know how the decide where you get a ticket in the stadium. It might just be pot luck but at the semi final I recognised many people from bar72 in the section I was in. Furthermore I always seem to get a really good seat ie centre of north stand or good seat in south stand.

I didn't see 25k at Oxford, Blackburn or Marseille.

I did make the suggestion a couple of weeks ago for adding home friendlies to the CCCS criteria as it would generate more income for the club. But all comes down to how much people are willing to pay before they decide it isn't worth it.

From the club's point of view they need to maximise as much revenue as possible.

I suggested earlier in the thread a system where the ballot worked on a two or three year rota. Where u had to be on the cccs for a couple or three seasons in order to get in the ballot. That rewards loyalty and is simple to do.

But away tickets, and I'm on the scheme btw, cannot be taken into account as demand far outstrips supply every single game.

I went to every Rangers game in Scotland (except for about 4) in 2007/08.

I wasn't in the travel club. I watched the UEFA Cup Final from Albert Square.

My mate went to his first game of the season that night because he was a member of the travel club.

Nothing beats that lol.

Lucky to get 3 in the ballot today for me and my two sons.

Gutted for the guys who missed out - there was always going to be ‘winners and losers’ with this set up, fortunately for us we got lucky this time.

Will be my youngest sons first ever cup final, my eldest has only ever seen us lift silverware against Peterhead, so on a personal level I can’t wait to be there with them to witness us pumping the Celts.

There should be a loyalty scheme. If you tick the box for the European games , if you go to all they smaller round cup ties prior to the bigger games.

I’m probably just ranting because I never got one, but I go to all home games and I’ve ticked the box for away games and have done for years. I know a time least 4 people who only got season tickets this year and got a ticket for the final and just doesn’t seem fair.

That blows the theory of last season being taken in to consideration too then.

I thought you couldn’t join the cccs in the first season?

That blows the theory of last season being taken in to consideration too then.

I thought you couldn’t join the cccs in the first season?

It’s only the away scheme you can’t join in first season.

You are still elgiable for semi finals and finals though.

I did make the suggestion a couple of weeks ago for adding home friendlies to the CCCS criteria as it would generate more income for the club. But all comes down to how much people are willing to pay before they decide it isn't worth it.

From the club's point of view they need to maximise as much revenue as possible.

People pay around a grand for Bar 72 for all first team games, there might only be 19!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back