Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but you're coming across very spoiled . Your logic hold absolutely no weight. Why would going to European away games entitle you to preference for a ticket for a domestic cup game, it's a different competition?

PS, you're entitled to nothing. There are two certainties in life, death and taxes. Getting tickets for a cup final because you're a self-proclaimed uber fan is not a right, guarantee or entitlement.

I don’t like to jump in on other folks debates but for a number of years I attended every game; home, away, abroad, pre-season (big wow, staunch etc) but it’s hard going and expensive, albeit brilliant, and I would’ve been angry had I not got a ticket for a final having attended every other game - look at 2008 for example, that was about 60 games so to miss the UEFA Cup final, or one of the other two, would’ve been shite having literally not missed a single game for years.

I then had to reign it in because life gets in the way and I just went to home games and the odd away game. It meant that I couldn’t get a ticket for some games I was desperate to go to, for example, Killie when we last won the league (had to sit in the Killie end) and even the semi v the mentally challengeds when McKay scores (I won a ticket on an Erskine raffle on here in the end). I couldn’t be annoyed at not getting tickets for those games because others had put in more miles those years so I took it on the chin.

I don’t know what solution is but without being callus some people are more deserving than others IMO.

I am sure most people that go to every home game would love to attend every match but they are stuck with what the away scheme allocates them. Not everyone has mates in supporters clubs that can get them tickets every week, which brings me to my next question.
People on here claiming they go to every match and should be lavished with loyalty points, could you explain how exactly that would work? Officially you will get the same allocation as everyone else on away scheme, 3/4 games a season or whatever. So if your going to every single away game, your not getting your tickets allocated to yourself as your getting them from supporters clubs who distribute them how they see fit, so where do your "loyalty" points come from?

Supporters buses would require to inform the club which season ticket holders they allocated their away tickets to?

In the same way they inform the club every summer which ST holders are members of their RSC’s?

Other clubs have loyalty schemes in place. For some reason, it seems that we couldn’t possibly run one, even though we have one for away European games

What rips my knitting is someone who doesn’t have a season ticket, isn’t on ccs but a member of a rsc has a chance of a ticket

for me that’s totally wrong

I can't speak for other buses, but on our bus there is absolutely no chance of that happening. Folk who are not on CCCS won't even get in the ballot.

I don't go to away games as i wouldn't give the cunts my money. Signed up to all the cup games including the europa league package and try to get to as many games as possible work permitting. I hope i get a ticket but if not that's just the way it goes., i think a ballot is the fairest way

the idea that someone that’s only joined the scheme this year could end up getting a ticket yet folk that have been on the scheme from the very beginning, could end up missing out is ridiculous and shows yet again why there is a flaw in the system

When there is a ballot, precious years should be taken account of

Been saying for years that the club should have looked at starting a proper form of loyalty scheme years ago but they’re just not interested
So I could get on, but you'd stop my son ever getting tickets?

Please tell us all how you started following Rangers.

How so?

I say that as someone who’s been on for years. We are all bluenoses and we all deserve to see our team in a final.

The luck of the draw my friend - the fairest way to do it.

The way you are suggesting would allow a “monopoly” for the bears who have been on from the start... meaning it would be pointless to join anyway.
If it's Motherwell or St Mirren, we can all get a ticket. If it's the beggars we can only get them on the say so of those who go to every game!
I'm interested to know why these guys with impeccable CCCS credentials don't seem to have the boycott year on their CV.

The notion that you should only have a chance of a ticket if you go to "all the away games" is absurd. The guys in the ballot are Rangers season ticket holders and deserve to be in with a shout of tickets for these games just as much as anyone else.
Agreed totally. Not all of us can go to away games for various reasons, like location, family, work or even hard cash. All very well saying what an amazing fan you are going everywhere when you have no restrictions to stop you.

So I could get on, but you'd stop my son ever getting tickets?

Please tell us all how you started following Rangers.

Clearly didn’t read the full thread

My point was there should be a loyalty scheme in place. The younger bears could join it but similar to the travel club, it would take a few years before they’d be joint top of the points list

I don’t see how that is unfair.

Agreed totally. Not all of us can go to away games for various reasons, like location, family, work or even hard cash. All very well saying what an amazing fan you are going everywhere when you have no restrictions to stop you.

Everyone has their own commitments

If folk go everywhere why should they possibly miss getting a final ticket over wee Dave who handpicks his games (regardless of the circumstances behind it)

I’ve only missed easy fife this season due to not being able to get a ticket . If I miss in the ballot I will get from the bus struggling to see how anyone who goes every week won’t be able to get from their usual source .

The demand for every game is insane this year mate.

Especially a cup final.

For example we used to be a category A+ now we are a B. We have 5 people who go to away games 3 haven’t wanted to miss a game and we’ve only got 1 ticket for most away games. it’s been a killer seriously thinking on joining another club in the hope of a better chance of an away ticket next season.

I’ve only missed easy fife this season due to not being able to get a ticket . If I miss in the ballot I will get from the bus struggling to see how anyone who goes every week won’t be able to get from their usual source .

Savage

This will be the case for most, if not all, of the guys I know who go every week. But I guess this thread is about showing your credentials etc.

The ballot is the luck of the draw, I might be lucky and then again not, but knowing the CCCS scheme is the route towards the opportunity to gain a ticket then that's why we all sign up. Home cup games guarantee the club a further income stream.

I choose not to go to away games post 2012, that's my choice, I gave up my seat, boycotted and protested when asked. Doesn't make me any more or less of a Rangers fan - just perhaps a less forgiving one.

So is an uber better than those less forgiving ? - No, we are all the same and bleed blue, so rather than being pissed off with the process, be happy that someone who cares passionately about our club is there to see the glory of lifting the cup. After all that person is a ST holder, not a freeloader.

Let's be honest here. The guys that follow rangers all over the place are very very lucky people. I would love nothing more than to go everywhere. Unfortunately I own a business and although I probably could afford it time is my problem. I managed Switzerland and will manage another 1 if we qualify. So the guys that follow everyweek will most probably be part of a club which will guarantee they get 1 from the bus so that argument is dead in the water. Changing it would be a nightmare. Cause I won't lie if I would take every ticket they gave me then just pass it on so the way Celtic do it doesn't work either. Ross county for example. I didn't exactly want to do my shift then drive up and back. But I did cause I had a ticket.

You cannot order rsc tickets game by game for league games you put in your order before the season starts and you pay for those tickets 2-3 weeks before the game is played.for cup games and European games you get special application forms.

Clearly didn’t read the full thread

My point was there should be a loyalty scheme in place. The younger bears could join it but similar to the travel club, it would take a few years before they’d be joint top of the points list

I don’t see how that is unfair.
Because they can't get to the top of the list if everyone above them gets the tickets.

You want a scheme that ensures you get a ticket.
I'd much rather all of us who put up at the start of the season had the same shot.

Last old firm Hampden semi final ballot the ticket office went back 2 year history below is how they worked it out so similar history made be used this time looking at 2 seasons.

the quote below was from the ticket office at the time.

Approximately 21,000 supporters who have enrolled for ‘semi-finals & finals’, of which approximately 19,000 have full purchase history for this season’s non ST competitive matches. (Progrés, Dunfermline, Motherwell & Falkirk)
As this still outstripped demand a further consideration was given to the match history for last season – for those supporters who had a full match history for that season’s non ST competitive matches. (Annan Athletic, Stranraer, Peterhead, QotS, Celtic*, Motherwell, Morton & Hamilton)
*This included approximately 700 supporters who met all criteria for both semi-final ballots for last season that did not receive a ticket for either due to demand.

With this supplemented match history approximately 14,000 supporters met all of these criteria and were granted a ticket.
The remaining allocation was balloted randomly amongst the remaining individuals who met criteria from this season’s non ST competitive matches

Even if they go to all the games? If they're taking tickets off their RSC for every home game they'll be paying more in over a season than a season ticket holder. All RSC's run a points system so anyone that gets a ticket that way will have been to the vast majority of the games 1 way or the other.I fail to see how that's unfair.
Ha ha aye right mate

I’m a season ticket holder on ccs in the away scheme in the travel ckub

I have committed my money to rangers on every level but someone who hasn’t has a chance of ticket na sorry that’s wrong

Maybe having a points scheme similar to the travel club is the way forward and whenever there aren’t enough tickets to go around a certain number of points are guaranteed tickets and there is a ballot for the rest.

This way those who attend every game will be more likely to get a ticket but there is still an opportunity for more fans who can’t attend every game on the scheme to get one.

I back Laudrups right foot on this one

I travelled to Porto (4 flights) utterly fucked with a virus and ended up with bad diarrhea the afternoon before the game, 4 imodiums and 5 hours later I was diving about crazy with the other 2500 bears in the Dragoa as Morelos scored!

Travelling abroad to see the Gers does count in terms of “showing commitment”

So im not as committed towards Rangers because i so happened couldnt get time off work for porto away so under your scheme id go down the line for a ticket despite have a st being in ccc and attending every home game and a few away?

Dont talk crap, you are not a better supporter because your circumstance allowed you to attend that game.

Ballot for all cccs is best way and thats it.

I’ve been going since 1964 and seen some brilliant games, 1973 SC final, etc. I’m in the CCCS but if I don’t get a ticket I’ll just take it on the chin knowing that loads of young bears - assuming we win - will be experiencing a day they will never forget. Also, I can at least watch it on the TV, something that wasn’t always an option for us old gits.

the ones that are home and away every week will get sorted eventually. always do in my past experiences

Maybe having a points scheme similar to the travel club is the way forward and whenever there aren’t enough tickets to go around a certain number of points are guaranteed tickets and there is a ballot for the rest.

This way those who attend every game will be more likely to get a ticket but there is still an opportunity for more fans who can’t attend every game on the scheme to get one.

You'd just have people taking advantage of the system by taking tickets, selling them on and still getting the point. It's a lot harder to do that with the travel club tickets.

I really don't think there's a way to do it that will please everybody.

I wish I could go to every away game but I can’t because of the lack of tickets. I only ever seem
To get allocated Livi or Killie on the scheme.

You say handpick like these guys go to 3 or 4 games a season. That is clearly not the case for 99.9% of tickets.

When I say handpick I mean pick and choose whether it is 90% of games they attend or 30%. Either way, guys that go to 100% should be top of the ladder, I still don’t see how anyone can reasonably disagree with that.

Because they can't get to the top of the list if everyone above them gets the tickets.

You want a scheme that ensures you get a ticket.
I'd much rather all of us who put up at the start of the season had the same shot.

They would because after a few years, one full years points would vanish and same again the following year, similar to the travel club.

Those that want a random ballot done I’d say 99% of them probably pick and choose which non home games they go to hence why they wouldn’t want a proper loyalty type scheme in place

When I say handpick I mean pick and choose whether it is 90% of games they attend or 30%. Either way, guys that go to 100% should be top of the ladder, I still don’t see how anyone can reasonably disagree with that.
Because I want to go to them all but cant get tickets?

So im not as committed towards Rangers because i so happened couldnt get time off work for porto away so under your scheme id go down the line for a ticket despite have a st being in ccc and attending every home game and a few away?

Dont talk crap, you are not a better supporter because your circumstance allowed you to attend that game.

Ballot for all cccs is best way and thats it.

I don’t get this argument

Because your circumstances doesn’t allow you to attend every game, you should still have the same chance of a ticket as someone that does go to every game?

Surely loyalty should be rewarded?

They would because after a few years, one full years points would vanish and same again the following year, similar to the travel club.

Those that want a random ballot done I’d say 99% of them probably pick and choose which non home games they go to hence why they wouldn’t want a proper loyalty type scheme in place
How can anyone 'pick and choose'?

We get allocated tickets based on a ballot that none of us has any involvement in. It is conducted entirely by the Rangers ticket office.
If we don't take the ticket, we lose our place in the CCCS.
So far this season, I have had Killie in the first league game and Hearts last weekend.
It's not really my fault I haven't been allocated more, my name is in the ballot for every game.
I'm interested to know how I go about getting allocated every game.

We get allocated tickets based on a ballot that none of us has any involvement in. It is conducted entirely by the Rangers ticket office.
So far this season, I have had Killie in the first league game and Hearts last weekend.
It's not really my fault I haven't been allocated more, my name is in the ballot for every game.

don’t waste your time.

Had the same argument with him last week. There simply isn’t enough tickets to meet the demand for a loyalty point system.

no idea where the idea that those on the CCCS “pick and choose” comes from.

Last old firm Hampden semi final ballot the ticket office went back 2 year history below is how they worked it out so similar history made be used this time looking at 2 seasons.

the quote below was from the ticket office at the time.

Approximately 21,000 supporters who have enrolled for ‘semi-finals & finals’, of which approximately 19,000 have full purchase history for this season’s non ST competitive matches. (Progrés, Dunfermline, Motherwell & Falkirk)
As this still outstripped demand a further consideration was given to the match history for last season – for those supporters who had a full match history for that season’s non ST competitive matches. (Annan Athletic, Stranraer, Peterhead, QotS, Celtic*, Motherwell, Morton & Hamilton)
*This included approximately 700 supporters who met all criteria for both semi-final ballots for last season that did not receive a ticket for either due to demand.

With this supplemented match history approximately 14,000 supporters met all of these criteria and were granted a ticket.
The remaining allocation was balloted randomly amongst the remaining individuals who met criteria from this season’s non ST competitive matches

Thanks. A sensible approach.

I get your point in terms of allocation. However if you/me/anyone wants to go to a match outwith the allocation then most (if not all games) there are spares from my experience. Livingston on Sunday there was lots going outside the stadium.

To a degree the choice outwith allocation is yours/mine/anyones to make the effort to pursue a ticket.

Last edited:
don’t waste your time.

Had the same argument with him last week. There simply isn’t enough tickets to meet the demand for a loyalty point system.

no idea where the idea that those on the CCCS “pick and choose” comes from.

I had the same argument myself last week, without doubt I'll have it again when the ballot happens.

I'm a Rangers fan, every person who is allocated a ticket will be a Rangers fan.
I'd love to get a ticket, if I don't then fair enough, it's exactly what I agreed to when I signed up to the CCCS.

I get your point in terms of allocation. However if you/me/anyone wants to go to a match outwith the allocation then most (if not all games) there are always spares from my experience. Livingston on Sunday there was lots going outside the stadium.

To a degree the choice outwith allocation is yours/mine/anyones to make the effort to pursue a ticket.
Outside the stadium.
So not allocated to someone on the CCCS by Rangers.
In a 'loyalty' scheme, the person buying the ticket outside doesn't get the point for attending, the person who sold the ticket and didn't attend would.

If I get the chance of a ticket beforehand then fine. Due to having kids and needing to arrange babysitting, I can't really go on the off chance that I'll pick one up.

Everyone has their own commitments

If folk go everywhere why should they possibly miss getting a final ticket over wee Dave who handpicks his games (regardless of the circumstances behind it)
Going to every single home game is hardly hand picking.

I used to go to almost every away game in Scotland and a lot in Europe for a 10 year period I didn't think that should have given me the divine right to cup final tickets.

Outside the stadium.
So not allocated to someone on the CCCS by Rangers.
In a 'loyalty' scheme, the person buying the ticket outside doesn't get the point for attending, the person who sold the ticket and didn't attend would.

If I get the chance of a ticket beforehand then fine. Due to having kids and needing to arrange babysitting, I can't really go on the off chance that I'll pick one up.

No, but then nobody will ever be allocated a ticket to every match. People will pick them up from any source they can, so with a loyalty scheme you are taking the hit for no point but a physical attendance at the match.

With regards to a loyalty scheme it probably should be implemented. It would NEVER please everyone as, IMO, there'd need to be some kind of watershed moment.

No, but then nobody will ever be allocated a ticket to every match. People will pick them up from any source they can, so with a loyalty scheme you are taking the hit for no point but a physical attendance at the match.

With regards to a loyalty scheme it probably should be implemented. It would NEVER please everyone as, IMO, there'd need to be some kind of watershed moment.
The loyalty scheme exists, it's called the CCCS. If you don't take your tickets, you don't get any more!

We have posters arguing here that they go to every game so deserve a cup final ticket.
How are they getting these tickets?
I could just say I go to every game. If nobody is allocated every game, how can anyone prove how many games they do or don't attend?

The loyalty scheme exists, it's called the CCCS. If you don't take your tickets, you don't get any more!

We have posters arguing here that they go to every game so deserve a cup final ticket.
How are they getting these tickets?
I could just say I go to every game. If nobody is allocated every game, how can anyone prove how many games they do or don't attend?

Folk going to/claiming they get to every match are clearly doing so by pursuing any match tickets they aren't allocated by other means. In an official capacity then they wouldn't be recognised for loyalty as the club wouldn't know, and on a moral way then.....well that's the debate.

Effectively a loyalty scheme may not actually benefit that many people they think it would due to the amount on CCCS. Hoping that makes sense?

Btw, I don't think the CCCS is a 'loyalty' scheme as the distribution of tickets seems very, very haphazard in my experience. It's just a means to pin people down financially for a proportion of allocation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back