Cup Final Press Conference

Could give a shit about what any of them say in press conferences as long as they stand up to be counted when the first whistle goes.

It's so important we get off to a good start.

We saw how Celtic went at us from the kick off at Ibrox and it set the tone for the entire game. We never really managed to get into a rhythm as a result.

We need to ensure we put them under pressure from that first whistle.

Is it just me or did Tavernier sound like he always does in these situations?Bit deadpan giving monotone answers.Like he does everytime but people now want to make a big deal out of it?

He doesn’t want to give those fuckers something for their dressing room door.

We’ll talk better on the park.

Exactly.

Some people really don't have a clue about football or have ever played it at a decent level and played in a Cup Final.

Some right roasters in Our support.
Are you actually saying that if you haven't played football at a decent level (I assume that the threshold will be whatever level you played at) then you are not entitled to an opinion?

The battle fever starts in the dressing room once the team is picked,forget the pre-match soundbites - let the gaffer and captain do their jobs of getting the team ready there and then, nothing and I mean nothing matters until we cross that white line. Its then our job to let the team know we are 100% behind them and make sure that our nervousness doesn't affect them, its going to be a tough game, but we can do this.

Are you actually saying that if you haven't played football at a decent level (I assume that the threshold will be whatever level you played at) then you are not entitled to an opinion?

Aye cause there's some amount of shite commented about a fcking Press Conference ffs.

Utter Moon Howlers.

Exactly.

Some people really don't have a clue about football or have ever played it at a decent level and played in a Cup Final.

Some right roasters in Our support.

Agree Gov.

We need to keep calm. When we won 2.0 we said NOTHING before the game.

This is our chance of revenge for the Ibrox match & for Wednesday. If we win we have a major trophy again.

Let’s keep our powder dry !!!

The guy looks petrified, lack of eye contact and the overall way he comes across is a huge worry.

Aye cause there's some amount of shite commented about a fcking Press Conference ffs.

Utter Moon Howlers.
I agree with you about the press conference comments, but your other point is frankly ludicrous.

FFS don't anybody talk about Jeremy Corbyn unless you've led a major political party.

fine by me defending for their lives,that's what I expect rangers defenders to do!
also the forwards attack for their lives!

Gerrard told press if they all come through session tomo with no redaction they have a full squad

Time to man up, tuck in our tampons and get ready for Sunday

I’d rather get beat standing up than being in our knees

Now C’mon FF, Let’s go

Agreed. Pantywetting stops now. We're doing that rabble.

All the players love and respect Tav, believe it or not he kicks arse in the changing room & makes sure players are aware of our standards

Anyone who has met him knows how highly he values his captaincy

But hey ho, he’s a nervous speaker or not as confident as a Gough for example & should be stripped of captaincy

Gonna just %^*& off, get behind the players and stop being whiney cunts ffs

people stuck in the past with regards to how a captain “should” act

Thought the gaffer came across well. Calm, composed, quietly determined that we will prevail come what may.

Those slaughtering Tav need to remember that the vast majority of people loathe public speaking. Doing it under the glare of TV cameras ahead of our biggest cup tie in years must’ve been even harder for him.

Put it this way, if Tav plays a blinder on Sunday and we win the cup, how many are going to say “aye but his pre-match press conference wasn’t up to much?”

A matter of days after Gerrard said he needed his big players to stand up. a journalist asks "Is this where you need your big players to step up?"

What exactly do they expect him to say to questions like this? "No, we'd prefer they never"

Gerrard told press if they all come through session tomo with no redaction they have a full squad

Time to man up, tuck in our tampons and get ready for Sunday

I’d rather get beat standing up than being in our knees

Now C’mon FF, Let’s go
Jones ;)

Back