Cup Final Press Conference

Do you not want us to "defend for our lives" when they are attacking us?

You dont really get it do you?

Is that the mentality? Going in fearing a battering? Defending for our lives?

can you imagine Ferguson, Gough, Bomber saying we were going to need to defend for our lives in the build up to an OF game?

naw, me neither.

This is the kind of post that makes this forum a laughing stock. You're giving the captain of Rangers FC advice on how to conduct a press conference? How many have you done?

Where have I given advice? Just to add Im not Captain material either (go figure).

If I was Tav, I would look depressed having to respond to the so called 'professional' reporters in this country too!

A matter of days after Gerrard said he needed his big players to stand up. a journalist asks "Is this where you need your big players to step up?"

What exactly do they expect him to say to questions like this? "No, we'd prefer they never"
The whole press conference thing is pointless.
I actually wouldn't mind if he just said we have no chance and are thinking of not going. That might actually wake up the "journalists" to how pointless their questions are.
Maybe Warburton had the right idea when he just said "We go again" no matter what was going on.
What might be more interesting is to watch the press conference with TLB. There will be no questions about who hasn't scored, no questions about who is underdog, no questions about how his jacket has healed from the coin attack and defo no questions about, eh, other matters.

can you imagine Ferguson, Gough, Bomber saying we were going to need to defend for our lives in the build up to an OF game?

naw, me neither.
No you dont get it if you think they will not have any attacks on our goal,Hamilton,Aberdeen had attacks on our goal,like it or not the bheasts will have attacks on our goal,this is when i want our team to "defend for their lives",rather than meekly collapse as they did on Wednesday.

No one mentioned anything about batterings but you.

You looked at his interview and looked to be offended,pathetic stuff again from the anti-Tav mob on here!

The whole press conference thing is pointless.
I actually wouldn't mind if he just said we have no chance and are thinking of not going. That might actually wake up the "journalists" to how pointless their questions are.
Maybe Warburton had the right idea when he just said "We go again" no matter what was going on.
What might be more interesting is to watch the press conference with TLB. There will be no questions about who hasn't scored, no questions about who is underdog, no questions about how his jacket has healed from the coin attack and defo no questions about, eh, other matters.
I'm with you mate. For me, the only purpose they serve is to give updates on injuries. Put it this way, anyone remember the presser pre Aberdeen

Gerrard told press if they all come through session tomo with no redaction they have a full squad

Time to man up, tuck in our tampons and get ready for Sunday

I’d rather get beat standing up than being in our knees

Now C’mon FF, Let’s go
We've got the battle fever on!

naw, me neither.
Sorry mate but your clearly interpreting what he said in a negative way to suit your own agenda.

The team has rightly been hammered for the defending on Wednesday. I’m choosing to take his comments as an acknowledgement from our skipper that the defense as a unit needs to improve hugely from Aberdeen.

Can’t wait for Sunday so we can do our talking on the pitch. WATP

naw, me neither.

Mad way it at 5pm on a Friday afternoon ya lucky bassa ye

Could there be a jordan jones curveball like we did with airfield and kent before game last year.

Keegan_3293739b.jpg

Sorry mate but your clearly interpreting what he said in a negative way to suit your own agenda.

The team has rightly been hammered for the defending on Wednesday. I’m choosing to take his comments as an acknowledgement from our skipper that the defense as a unit needs to improve hugely from Aberdeen.

Can’t wait for Sunday so we can do our talking on the pitch. WATP
There is an element on here who are looking to be offended by his comments,the mental gymnastics to interperet his comments to be a surrender mentality is pathetic.
He is the captain of our club and they fuckin hate it!

“Were going to have to defend for our lives on Sunday”

give you a clue what OF captain NEVER said that

Did he say that ? That is almost McInnes-esque if he did.I really do hope we are going for their jugular on Sunday. Wipe the floor with them. If we are hesitant or try to sit back, there will only be one outcome.

They'll get a good chuckle no doubt given how much your average footballer values fans' opinion.

A chuckle and “banter” in the dressing room when things are going well!

But even more pressure and enormous weight on their shoulders after the tiniest of blips. All we can hope is that the players are thick skinned and don’t pay overly much attention to what they read (as if the papers aren’t bad enough)

You ever seen McGregor giving interviews? He's the worst out of anyone. Sounds like he's talking to his mates rather than an interviewer.

The body language experts on here are cringey as fuck.

Did you fail to see the reason I stated I’d give McGregor the captaincy was due to him having the ability to give his teammates a kick up the ass when needed?

Did Tavs interview make you feel confident going into Sunday?

I really hope I’m proven wrong and will take all the flak that comes, but like I’ve said before, I don’t see us winning anything whilst Tav is captain.

Also, where did I mention anything to do with his body language or are you making that up as well?

FWIW I didn’t even make 2mins in to the interview. That was enough.

Hope the defensive talk is psychology and we press high and attack from the start. If we get an early couple of goals they will crumble. Have a feeling that this is our day.

It's a press conference of cliches and platitudes. He's a defender. It's a throwaway comment, not the game philosophy.

Odd that it would work you up so much.

See when Tav lifts that trophy on Sunday. I sincerely hope the folk on here (you all know who you are) who look for every little negative you can about him, choke on every negative word you’ve spewed.

naw, me neither.

Gerrard has asked our players to defend like their lives depend upon it every time they wear the shirt. It's been said more than once.

Tav was just saying what his gaffer is drilling into them.

All the players love and respect Tav, believe it or not he kicks arse in the changing room & makes sure players are aware of our standards

Anyone who has met him knows how highly he values his captaincy

But hey ho, he’s a nervous speaker or not as confident as a Gough for example & should be stripped of captaincy

Gonna just %^*& off, get behind the players and stop being whiney cunts ffs
What he says.

Did you fail to see the reason I stated I’d give McGregor the captaincy was due to him having the ability to give his teammates a kick up the ass when needed?

Did Tavs interview make you feel confident going into Sunday?

I really hope I’m proven wrong and will take all the flak that comes, but like I’ve said before, I don’t see us winning anything whilst Tav is captain.

Also, where did I mention anything to do with his body language or are you making that up as well?

FWIW I didn’t even make 2mins in to the interview. That was enough.

I'm not gauging whether we'll win or lose based on Tav's performance in a press conference. That would be utterly retarded.

I'm not gauging whether we'll win or lose based on Tav's performance in a press conference. That would be utterly retarded.

Sorry did I?

Has he filled you with confidence, were you sitting listening to him and thinking he sounds really up for it?

Fed up hearing about how modern day captains are completely different. Captain should be leaders, and if that’s what Tav is doing, then we really are in trouble.

Everyone of us fans are pumped for Sunday and are ready to go into battle, and would all leave everything on that pitch on Sunday.

Is that the impression we get from Tav?

I await the mundane responses of worth the watching, imposter etc etc.

Would actually appreciate someone telling me what makes Tav this great captain/leader that so many perceive him to be?

I’m not his biggest fan, never have been and I don’t think I ever will be. But I sure hope he goes out there on Sunday and rams some of the nonsense I’m reading on here down some throats.

Give it a rest.

Should we send him for some acting lessons to stand in front of a press pack who aren’t the most professional themselves ?

Do your talking on the park Tav and bring that trophy home.

i have absolutely no pleasure in saying this but get the feeling Tav is defeated (hopefully not team) before a ball is kicked.

Back