Current Ibrox Stadium Problems and Future Redevelopments

Was there ever any updates to this feasibility study which was talked about 2 years ago. Was a few articles at the time but don't think there was anything further.

"Speaking last summer, managing director Stewart Robertson admitted they were working with an outside consultancy firm to see if dropping the pitch in a bid to accommodate up to 6,000 extra seats at Ibrox was possible.

He said: "It’s something we’re looking at just now. We won’t see anything as grand as another tier built on top of one of the existing stands.

“However, we are exploring ways we can add additional seating into the stadium. I don’t see it being another 10,000, it would maybe be low thousands.

“There are feasibility works going on at this moment and we’re probably two or three months away from knowing whether it will be possible or not."

Was there ever any updates to this feasibility study which was talked about 2 years ago. Was a few articles at the time but don't think there was anything further.

"Speaking last summer, managing director Stewart Robertson admitted they were working with an outside consultancy firm to see if dropping the pitch in a bid to accommodate up to 6,000 extra seats at Ibrox was possible.

He said: "It’s something we’re looking at just now. We won’t see anything as grand as another tier built on top of one of the existing stands.

“However, we are exploring ways we can add additional seating into the stadium. I don’t see it being another 10,000, it would maybe be low thousands.

“There are feasibility works going on at this moment and we’re probably two or three months away from knowing whether it will be possible or not."
John Bennett said on an interview last year there may be more stadium expansion, it won't be in a year but won't be five years .

Though going by his comments today about what can be done within the confines of the stadium ,I think expansion is out and probably a major overhaul of what we have .

Is there anything stopping main stand joining the copland and broomloan stands?
Would have to build new roof supports to take away the gable ends plus working any structure around the two towers and emergency access.
For that money you could build a new tier on the existing Copland and Broomloan and it would look better.

John Bennett said on an interview last year there may be more stadium expansion, it won't be in a year but won't be five years .

Though going by his comments today about what can be done within the confines of the stadium ,I think expansion is out and probably a major overhaul of what we have .
Yeah, in the interview today he said the Blue sky lounge adds 200 extra seats. Will be interesting to see if those all sell out as I think the price was something like £6k a season. Probably makes more money adding extra hospitality than just regular seats at this point.

Yeah, in the interview today he said the Blue sky lounge adds 200 extra seats. Will be interesting to see if those all sell out as I think the price was something like £6k a season. Probably makes more money adding extra hospitality than just regular seats at this point.
This

If it’s a success and sells out I can imagine similar being done in the broomie and Copland. Any additional capacity is going to be small amounts here and there.

I’m sure it’s 7k, multiplied by 200 is 1.4million a season.
Decent return on what I’d imagine is a relatively small investment.
Been mentioned a few times in this thread earlier but the original Bar72 concept, before they started charging ridiculous amounts, in both the Copland and Broomloan would also increase both attendance and revenue.

Been mentioned a few times in this thread earlier but the original Bar72 concept, before they started charging ridiculous amounts, in both the Copland and Broomloan would also increase both attendance and revenue.
There’s actually bout 400-500 seats going in but capacity only increases by 200 odd seats cause we lose the boxes. Not all the seats going in are premium seats.

Ticket cabins - absolute disgrace it’s something a junior team would have.
Toilets concourses - absolute dump not fit for the last century.
area surrounding the stadium that the club owns - a dump.
Food inside the stadium - been rank for decades.

The “offices in the Copland and Broomloan stands could they not be utilised for the ticket centre? I assume they’re not used by any outside businesses?

I was in the toilets and there was still a poster from 2003 with lorenzo amo in it fs
Ridiculous.

But I can understand the club not wanting to spend a fortune in some toilets too.

Saturday was nothing short of a disgrace what I seen trying to take my kid in for the toilet.

Seen ‘fans’ banging and bashing what looked like newish hand dryers and somebody writing all over them in pen and one came off.

That’s before mention other things that go on

This

If it’s a success and sells out I can imagine similar being done in the broomie and Copland. Any additional capacity is going to be small amounts here and there.
Could the same be done in those stands? We don’t have any hospitality there.

Could the same be done in those stands? We don’t have any hospitality there.
There has been talk of something more akin to club72 in those two stands. Possibility for putting 2-4 rows of seats in overhanging from top to bottom sections and utilising office space at the back as club72 type theme.

Whether or not we ever see it is something else entirely but it does seem we are focussing on small capacity increases while maximising income from the extra seats. At a guess you are looking at maybe 300 extra seats each stand so 600 onto capacity. When you can then charge £2k for the seats it’s a big money maker for the club.

Ticket cabins - absolute disgrace it’s something a junior team would have.
Toilets concourses - absolute dump not fit for the last century.
area surrounding the stadium that the club owns - a dump.
Food inside the stadium - been rank for decades.

The “offices in the Copland and Broomloan stands could they not be utilised for the ticket centre? I assume they’re not used by any outside businesses?

Brutally honest but very true.

The part of the stadium outside the away end where they keep the bins is nothing short of an embarrassment, a complete eyesore. Surely even putting up another banner like they've done above the superstore would even make some sort of improvement.

Brutally honest but very true.

The part of the stadium outside the away end where they keep the bins is nothing short of an embarrassment, a complete eyesore. Surely even putting up another banner like they've done above the superstore would even make some sort of improvement.
Sadly the immediate surrounds of our iconic stadium are an utter disgrace and bring shame on us all. The ticketing portakabins in particular are like something from an eastern bloc war zone from 50 years ago.

I can understand the clamor for a larger capacity but as things stand we can’t even find a way to maximize the seats we already have,The amount of seats we have to sacrifice to accommodate visiting clubs who bring a couple of hundred fans makes no sense and is what could be called bad optics for TV.
My seat is in the C.D. and the amount of empty seats in the Broomie Govan corner are a waste.

the board seem to be opting for the short term solution with small increase in attendance with minimal outlay and maximum financial return, which is fine but hopefully they have a long term plan to increase the capacity

Back of the club deck, top whack for ST, can't see screens, tifos, clocks etc, used to be tv monitors, that and pish catering etc, toilets minging., 1980s customer relations.
me and my grandad got tickets once for the Clubdeck and ended up in the last row against the wall, never again!

the board seem to be opting for the short term solution with small increase in attendance with minimal outlay and maximum financial return, which is fine but hopefully they have a long term plan to increase the capacity

In honesty, increasing the capacity is the last thing the stadium needs right now. They should be focusing on bringing it out of the 90's and giving it a clean, doing basic maintenance, renovating the toilets, concourses and surrounding areas, getting a proper ticketing area etc.

It's such a great stadium but it's turning into a bit of a shambles now. Players and coaches who play there rave about it, but I'd be interested in hearing the views of people who visit it in the stands as I can imagine outside of the atmosphere it might not be so positive.

The fact that we've went so long without even having numbers on seats is an embarrassment. That's something even non-league sides will have.

In honesty, increasing the capacity is the last thing the stadium needs right now. They should be focusing on bringing it out of the 90's and giving it a clean, doing basic maintenance, renovating the toilets, concourses and surrounding areas, getting a proper ticketing area etc.

It's such a great stadium but it's turning into a bit of a shambles now. Players and coaches who play there rave about it, but I'd be interested in hearing the views of people who visit it in the stands as I can imagine outside of the atmosphere it might not be so positive.

The fact that we've went so long without even having numbers on seats is an embarrassment. That's something even non-league sides will have.
We can’t Afford upgrading capacity (60k plus) significantly i doubt i’ll see it in my lifetime and im 44

Would cost a crazy amount

As you say get the basics done

When the corners were filled, it was said screens were a temp measure and the structure was there to add seating... was this ever confirmed or an idea of cost looked at?

23 metres by 3? That’s roughly 70 feet by 10 feet.some size to be fair. Don’t see what wildlife has got to do with it in edminston drive though. Some people will complain about anything if it’s Rangers doing it.
Has Hutchinson protested about all the led advertising screens all over Glasgow that are far too bright for drivers so also wildlife?
My guess is no!

I was in the toilets and there was still a poster from 2003 with lorenzo amo in it fs
i sent an email to the club in 2016 once the spivs had gone regarding this as i thought then it was a disgrace and my idea was to sell the advertising spaces in the toilets (im in GF7) to Rangers friendly businesses, ie Rangers bars from all over world, RSCs etc. I was willing to do all the leg work for the project at no cost to the club and basically all they would've had to do is give the cost of advertising packages and i would have contacted the businesses/RSCs and brought it all together.

Sadly I am still waiting on a reply.......

It amazes me that people at the top in our club don't notice the things that ordinary fans do. It's all very well building a museum but if other parts of the stadium / surrounding area need work then get it done

i sent an email to the club in 2016 once the spivs had gone regarding this as i thought then it was a disgrace and my idea was to sell the advertising spaces in the toilets (im in GF7) to Rangers friendly businesses, ie Rangers bars from all over world, RSCs etc. I was willing to do all the leg work for the project at no cost to the club and basically all they would've had to do is give the cost of advertising packages and i would have contacted the businesses/RSCs and brought it all together.

Sadly I am still waiting on a reply.......

Try emailing your ideas to natalienairn@rangers.co.uk in Commercial, she's normally very good at replying and always tries to do her best if someone is looking for help. I'm certain you'll get a reply.

I can understand the clamor for a larger capacity but as things stand we can’t even find a way to maximize the seats we already have,The amount of seats we have to sacrifice to accommodate visiting clubs who bring a couple of hundred fans makes no sense and is what could be called bad optics for TV.
My seat is in the C.D. and the amount of empty seats in the Broomie Govan corner are a waste.
This has to be looked at asap before any stadium expansion, lets maximise the space we have more efficiently first.

Back