Daniel Candeias

austrianger32

The guy got a lot of stick and was deemed not good enough when he had a difficult spell towards the end of 2017, but overall he has been great value for money in my opinion.

His workrate is absolutely tremendous, he has got good pace and technically he is pretty sound. For me, he has contributed to Tavernier's better performances this year.

A very unerrated player overall.

He had a bad game at Easter Road, and since them the criticisms seem to have gained traction. For the life of me, I can't see why; I think he's been a tremendous signing. Most chances created in the league, and fantastic at tracking back and helping out Tav. Our right side is the most dangerous wing in the league.

Best stats in the league by far when it comes to creating clear chances.

Think it was something like 1.8 to 2.0 goalscoring chances every game.

Works brilliantly with Tav.

I'll be totally honest here.
I couldn't see much of a player in him but I'm happy to have been proven wrong.

His work rate tonight was fantastic.

I think his final ball needs work though.

He's one of the first names on the team sheet for me. His crossing is fantastic, he has good pace and links so well with Tav.

It's the defensive side of his game which is so impressive though. The way he tracks back and covers is like having an additional fullback. It's not often that you get such a good winger who can do that.

Another one who we should sign up on a longer deal.

He’s very inconsistent but his effort and application is top notch, and his delivery really can be sensational at times.

Best stats in the league by far when it comes to creating clear chances.

Think it was something like 1.8 to 2.0 goalscoring chances every game.

Works brilliantly with Tav.

And if he was wearing a Scum jersey Brenda would be shouting at the top of his voice just how good he is and the Scottish mhedia would play along and say he is worth upwards of £10 M.

Murty has to play that game to, start praising our players and get the mhedia on side to just how good some of our players are. Doing so will magically see the players quoted value increase in the press.

Excellent wee player. Skilled, tenacious and has real spirit. I can handle him having a dip now and then. He's one of the most consistent wingers I've seen in a while.

Well done to Pedro on this one.

Is working really well down the right with Tav. Was unsure about him - and thought he’d downed tools when Pedro left but he’s playing well now. Worked tremendously hard. I really like him.

One of my favourite players in the current team. Never stops working and creates so many opportunities. He would be in my first XI every week

I love the style of cross he puts in, hard, low and with the aim of hitting it in the direction of an area where we can really benefit from that type of cross.

He may hit 10-15 crosses a game, not pull many off. But those ones he does pull off, they're dynamite.

Back him up with tav swinging in the best crosses in this league, we're looking good down that side of the park.

Been very impressed with Candeias and he isnt frightened to back track either.In Tavernier Candeias and Goss we have 3 players who can deliver good balls into the box

Always liked him , arguably Pedro's best foreign buy .

Went off the boil when Pedro left, has come back onto a game again .

A keeper for me .

The guy got a lot of stick and was deemed not good enough when he had a difficult spell towards the end of 2017, but overall he has been great value for money in my opinion.

His workrate is absolutely tremendous, he has got good pace and technically he is pretty sound. For me, he has contributed to Tavernier's better performances this year.

Yes.
By the same group who say “sell Fod” and “Alves is great” and “McKay was pish “ and “Tav can’t defend”.

The old dick behind me still thinks “Cardosas” is shite and can’t cross a ball.

I fucking love the guy. Some of his crossing in unplayable.

he'd genuinely be the first name on the team sheet for me. I think he is that important to this team and the way we play.

If we were playing the Warburton way of 70% possession, 3 shots, 0 goals then he'd struggle because he'd be marked out the game from minute 1 and the opposition would have the box flooded by the time he's received the ball but we're very incisive these days and the ball is knocked wide as early as possible so he has a field day most weeks and is normally smashing crosses into the box with only 3 or 4 bodies in there.

He was excellent tonight and works really well with Tav down that right flank. Excellent value and very consistent in level of performance and effort.

His first 5 crosses were poor
Did improve though but think brilliant and magnificent?

I don't think any of his crosses were "poor" tonight. Not as good as some of his best deliveries perhaps but poor? He's not only capable of smashing the ball into the box but he's got an eye for a pass too. His through ball to Freddy Morelos must have travelled 35-40 yards across the deck, wiped about 4 players out the game and had Aberdeen scrambling back towards their own goal. In 1 pass!

He has been a terrific signing.

The massive improvement in Tav this season is hugely to do with having Candeias alongside him.

They are excellent down our right flank.

Tonight, we saw we also have a left flank, which is why they got more joy down the right as well.

Really uplifting evening. I can't wait for our next match.

I don't remember him getting a hard time. I think people have always appreciated what he does. You get the odd person moaning he's inconsistent like all wingers but to be honest I don't think he's inconsistent at all. Him and Tav always link up well.

Couldn’t have put it better myself - I really love his commitment and the fact that he doesn’t hide even when things aren’t going well for him. When he loses the ball he is always prepared to chase back 20 or 30 yards to try to win it back which gives Tav great cover.

He backtracked to win the ball from sheep players to break up their attacks.

His workrate was right on tonight.

Back