Daniel Candeias

His work rate tonight was fantastic.

I think his final ball needs work though.
His early balls are fine...it’s when he holds the ball up and then tries to get in the box that there’s an issue. When it’s the latter I’d actually prefer to see him drive at the defender.

His attitude is second to none.

Must say I’ve be baffled by the amount of stick he has taken at times. He had a wee spell towards the end of the year after Pedro left where his form dropped but overall he’s been a very good team player. For someone that plays out wide he shows more consistency than most. The stats don’t lie, his final ball is superb at times.

I don't think any of his crosses were "poor" tonight. Not as good as some of his best deliveries perhaps but poor? He's not only capable of smashing the ball into the box but he's got an eye for a pass too. His through ball to Freddy Morelos must have travelled 35-40 yards across the deck, wiped about 4 players out the game and had Aberdeen scrambling back towards their own goal. In 1 pass!
That pass for Morelos was just brilliant.it was perfection,his work rate tonight was excellent,watch him and tav and they just love playing alongside each other,they are almost telepathic with each other.

That pass for Morelos was just brilliant.it was perfection,his work rate tonight was excellent,watch him and tav and they just love playing alongside each other,they are almost telepathic with each other.

he could have stopped the game, strolled over to Aberdeen's back four and give them a powerpoint presentation on what he was about to do and they'd still have been unable to stop it. Perfection. :D

The guy got a lot of stick and was deemed not good enough when he had a difficult spell towards the end of 2017, but overall he has been great value for money in my opinion.

His workrate is absolutely tremendous, he has got good pace and technically he is pretty sound. For me, he has contributed to Tavernier's better performances this year.

A very unerrated player overall.
He is the guy that is really flying under the radar. He is superb.
One that will go for big money imo.

I will tell you something, Pedro took some amount of stick, some of it rightly so, however he made some very good signings. I love Candeias, works his f()cking socks off for the team with no shortage of quality. My type of player

He had a bad game at Easter Road, and since them the criticisms seem to have gained traction. For the life of me, I can't see why; I think he's been a tremendous signing. Most chances created in the league, and fantastic at tracking back and helping out Tav. Our right side is the most dangerous wing in the league.

I think folk were pissed off at the penalty miss v Killie too.

He is brilliant for us tho. Fantastic determination. Outstanding early cross and has a trick or flick in him too but only does it when appropriate. Total jem on our right hand side and him and tavs understanding is becoming epic.

There was a game, possibly a couple, post-Pedro, where he wasn't his usual self in terms of work rate. Could have been the Pedro thing, maybe he had a knock, who knows. But that aside I've actually never seen a winger do as much work as him. Bags of pace and a relatively good end product don't hurt either.

One of my favourite players.

That work rate will always keep the fans on side.

Fantastic work ethic.

Coincides nicely with Tav's improved game - especially defensively.

Superb effort and no lack of skill tonight. He lost a bit of form earlier in the season but he is proving to be an important player for us, him and Tav work really well onthat side of the park.
Anyone putting the effort in the way he does will always get support from the fans.

He’s very inconsistent but his effort and application is top notch, and his delivery really can be sensational at times.

I don't think he's very inconsistent at all, he had 1 or 2 poor games but other than that he has been consistently excellent.

The guy got a lot of stick and was deemed not good enough when he had a difficult spell towards the end of 2017, but overall he has been great value for money in my opinion.

His workrate is absolutely tremendous, he has got good pace and technically he is pretty sound. For me, he has contributed to Tavernier's better performances this year.

A very unerrated player overall.

I have been one of his biggest critics, tonight I would have given MOTM, he’s turned out to be such an improved player, and hopefully with our improved players he will add to our attack.

To be honest, I think he's a very good player. He's one of these guys you know during a game is just going to be able to do something to make a differende. His workrate is unreal also.

I think Candias is a brilliant player on the ball but he is an even better player without the ball, that is a quality seldom seen at our club for some time. The last player who held that role was Stuart McCall and what a player he was. When Candias is on his game we are absolutely beautiful to watch. He is also a team player and I love that about the guy....selfless running for the team!

Candeias has had a handful of poor games. He has been very consistent. Either him or Morelos was our best signing in the summer.

if anyone has any doubts over his work rate and ability then go re-watch the recent old firm and watch his performance against Tierney

I think him and Tav are the best partnership we’ve seen in many a year. If he had a final ball every move we couldn’t have afforded him.

He was immense last night, this says it all for me:

DTShtcIXUAAC7t7.jpg

Actually surprised his dribbling is so low but I feel goals will come, he's not shy at having a shot but certainly loves to whip in a cross for others and does this better than anyone apart from Tav! Work rate, awareness, not afraid to put in a shift and cover Tav, they are building a partnership on the right that reminds me of Hutton and Burke.

He seemed to lose his way a bit when Pedro left but is now getting back on track. He was our most consistent player in the early part of the season.

There’s always one, it’s “fans” like you who frustrate me, name me another winger in Scottish football who creates more chances than Candeias ?
No one is even close, I do wonder what sport these guys are watching.

Candeias is by far and away to biggest creator of chances in the league.

DTShtcIXUAAC7t7.jpg

DT2jGznX0AEaxNa.jpg

DTvfDyIWAAAeJfQ.jpg

From SPFLRadar on Twitter

His link-up and understanding with Tav is excellent and has really improved us this season. He's a key asset to our team. I absolutely love the guy

It was one of those nights last night for a number of players, candeias's work rate last night was fantastic and the majority of his distribution was excellent too,I was really impressed with him last night.

i'd love to see how many "ball snatches" he manages each game
he loves coming back and nicking the ball off a dithering opposition player
makes a lot of attacks from those

He's probably my favourite player in our current squad. Knocks his pan in every single game, he's absolutely rapid, his control and technique is excellent and he's not short of a wee trick or two.

Oh and he's handsome as f*ck.

Him and Tav are really starting to work well down that right hand side.

If he played for another team we would be raving about him at the schum game the mhanks just couldn't handle him and Tav.

Back