Dave King | Douglas Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, you would, a guy ( who deserves enormous respect for what he did to start with ) who walked out and left the rest of the Directors to pick up a £27m Debt, according to ITK on here, then demanded his £5m back when we needed it.
He then goes on a PR stunt to get fans to put money into Club1872, so they could give him the money rather than buy shares directly from the Club.
He then tries to justify it in the press by having a go about certain fans having short memories and praising Club1872 for helping regime change.
It must be Dave that has a problem with his memory as Club1872 weren't formed until a couple of years after regime change
Can we stop all this rewriting history, Dave King is in our past and we have a Board who will make errors of judgment but no one can deny they have the very best interests, hopes and dreams for Rangers
So presumably you are happy with our transfer record over the last 4 or 5 windows? Presumably you are happy playing second fiddle to Celtc because our board didn’t have the balls to stand up to the fixture manipulation? Presumably you are happy with our 150th anniversary ‘celebrations?’

Since he took over as Chairman all spending has basically stopped hence my original point.
Spending on players. He is one of a number of high net worth individuals ploughing 10s of millions into our club to keep us a ‘going concern’. It’s in our annual report from last year. It’s about 5 paragraphs long. You should read it. If it wasn’t for Park and Bennett, we’d be in serious dire straits.

Here’s the issue. Define significant. Define spend (for example on renewing contracts or new players). The board would be better not saying anything. Situations change. They might mean well and say something then they’re accused of conning fans when they weren’t. There’s also the counter narrative that people won’t evidence (on both sides of the debate). For example, we expected 3 million from Australia - that’s not happening now.
Significant: I’d suggest 1/3rd on new players so £6m?
Australia had the club insisted on input into the publicity before agreeing to participate. It should not have been done in the way it was and I find it incredible that a guy like Bisgrove didn’t handle it better - if indeed it was him.

The ‘break even’ figure would have been based on our fixed costs. On top of that, we have variable costs. Costs that change based on output. Our European run is an example where we would have incurred massive increases in salary, heat, light, security and pitch maintenance. Also, you can’t spend ‘break even’. Say we make a 10 million pound profit. What about next year and the need to pay off the loans we needed this year? What you’re advocating is writing off 40 million worth of losses because we’ll make a profit this year. This is the norm now. You keep talking as of there’s a decision been made to spend nothing. There’s no decision to be made here - our investors cannot finance is going forward. They’ve said that numerous times. If they really wanted, they couldn’t even get there hands in the money. No bank would be crazy enough to give them it.
We have also made a shit load of money getting to a European final that was in no way budgeted for.

We sold Patterson, Itten and were heavily compensated for Gerrard leaving.

We could have spent a few million to earn 2 years in the Champions league but we took the foot off the pedal and now the beasts are reaping the benefits of our hard work.

If your happy with that then good for you as I am certainly not.

Spending on players. He is one of a number of high net worth individuals ploughing 10s of millions into our club to keep us a ‘going concern’. It’s in our annual report from last year. It’s about 5 paragraphs long. You should read it. If it wasn’t for Park and Bennett, we’d be in serious dire straits.
Yeah the guys put in a lot of Money but I am sure most of us if we had the resources would have done the same thing.

It doesn’t take us forward now not investing.

Let’s see how this window pans out then discuss it again.

We have also made a shit load of money getting to a European final that was in no way budgeted for.

We sold Patterson, Itten and were heavily compensated for Gerrard leaving.

We could have spent a few million to earn 2 years in the Champions league but we took the foot off the pedal and now the beasts are reaping the benefits of our hard work.

If your happy with that then good for you as I am certainly not.
The extra costs of the European final wouldn’t have been budgeted for either.
There is no guarantee that spending a few million would have got us qualification- the players we had should have done that and we were a missed penalty away from achieving it with the players we had. To spend in the hope that we qualify is what Murray was doing.
You continually ignore the fact that we are loss making - we may not be in the most current financial year but until the accounts are published no one knows.
I am sorry that you are not happy with what we have achieved in the last two seasons but considering what happened to us ten years ago I think you need to moderate your expectations.

Significant: I’d suggest 1/3rd on new players so £6m?
Australia had the club insisted on input into the publicity before agreeing to participate. It should not have been done in the way it was and I find it incredible that a guy like Bisgrove didn’t handle it better - if indeed it was him.
So your definition is 1/3 of player sales on new signings? Seems fair. However, if you’re in charge and our profit was 10 million, but we’ve now got loans to pay back, litigation costs to Ashley and increased running costs what would you do? Would it be 3 million? You need to factor in that we had a record year last year that is unlikely to be repeated short term. Do you take that on board and budget for 1 year or 3-5? It’s not as simple as you make out. You’re completely disregarding 40 million pounds of external funding from these guys over 2 years because we’ve sold what looks like 18 million pounds of players. Forget what was said - look at our accounts and it is staring you in the face.

The extra costs of the European final wouldn’t have been budgeted for either.
There is no guarantee that spending a few million would have got us qualification- the players we had should have done that and we were a missed penalty away from achieving it with the players we had. To spend in the hope that we qualify is what Murray was doing.
You continually ignore the fact that we are loss making - we may not be in the most current financial year but until the accounts are published no one knows.
I am sorry that you are not happy with what we have achieved in the last two seasons but considering what happened to us ten years ago I think you need to moderate your expectations.
Seville was amazing unforgettable as was 55, I am totally delighted with what we have achieved.

My issue is a slight bit more investment we would more or likely have 2 in a row and 2 years in the Champions league.

Another striker and we may have also won a European final it’s all ifs an buts but we need to be investing and rotating the Squad properly every season which we haven’t done.

Even if this means selling our best players every year as long as a good percentage is being reinvested.

Seville was amazing unforgettable as was 55, I am totally delighted with what we have achieved.

My issue is a slight bit more investment we would more or likely have 2 in a row and 2 years in the Champions league.

Another striker and we may have also won a European final it’s all ifs an buts but we need to be investing and rotating the Squad properly every season which we haven’t done.

Even if this means selling our best players every year as long as a good percentage is being reinvested.
I have asked you repeatedly and you can never answer. Explain how it would have been possible to invest more money into the club. WE had already used the share issue that the AGM voted on. We have had to borrow (2loans) of £12.25m in total to cover Kings bail out and the £7m funding gap. We also have a £3m loan to the government for covid help. So tell me what way could we have gotten investment into the club.

Go on just say it. Its what you want all along. BORROW BORROW BORROW. We should never be in a position where we are in ridiculous debt again. You commented before that people should be investing without wanting anything back, so you are saying someone should just give us money. That's not investment that's someone throwing money away. It can't and won't ever happen in that way. Due to FFP. As someone said you really need to lower expectations and realise we have made many many millions inosses o the last 5 years. That doesn't just disappear.

So presumably you are happy with our transfer record over the last 4 or 5 windows? Presumably you are happy playing second fiddle to Celtc because our board didn’t have the balls to stand up to the fixture manipulation? Presumably you are happy with our 150th anniversary ‘celebrations?’
I'm happy I'm not you and I'm happy we have a Board that is leaving their money in
Are you happy that Dave broke his word about paying his share of the money needed to get us through that season?
Are you happy he demanded his £5m back when we needed it?
Actually, happiness is an emotion probably;y alien to you
If you aren't happy with Douglas and John, give them their £30m back and show us how the Club should be run, no I didn't think so, another one that wants to spend other people's money

I have asked you repeatedly and you can never answer. Explain how it would have been possible to invest more money into the club. WE had already used the share issue that the AGM voted on. We have had to borrow (2loans) of £12.25m in total to cover Kings bail out and the £7m funding gap. We also have a £3m loan to the government for covid help. So tell me what way could we have gotten investment into the club.

Go on just say it. Its what you want all along. BORROW BORROW BORROW. We should never be in a position where we are in ridiculous debt again. You commented before that people should be investing without wanting anything back, so you are saying someone should just give us money. That's not investment that's someone throwing money away. It can't and won't ever happen in that way. Due to FFP. As someone said you really need to lower expectations and realise we have made many many millions inosses o the last 5 years. That doesn't just disappear.
FFP would be ok if we were in the champions league 2 years In a row.

I would have been happy enough to turn the squad over sell a few bring a few in.

So we should just accept no investment in the playing squad for 2 years while paying our money out for season tickets and merchandise and just shut up?

Sound bites from Robertson and other directors paint a very different picture Than the one your trying to paint.

I'm happy I'm not you and I'm happy we have a Board that is leaving their money in
Are you happy that Dave broke his word about paying his share of the money needed to get us through that season?
Are you happy he demanded his £5m back when we needed it?
Actually, happiness is an emotion probably;y alien to you
If you aren't happy with Douglas and John, give them their £30m back and show us how the Club should be run, no I didn't think so, another one that wants to spend other people's money
They deserve respect and gratitude no doubt but the Chairman of Rangers and his board must always be held to account by the support

It’s a pretty poor show in general add the Sydney shambles on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back