David Turnbull will now sign for celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually admired their initial stance on this. A boy on a grand a week with less than a season behind him wanting 20 times that. I thought they rightly told him to bolt and get a grip.
Looks like the agent has rinsed them.
Its not often Lawwell is publicly humiliated and he will know that, the boy will be wearing a very heavy jersey.

The lad hasn't actually done anything wrong. Both clubs had bids accepted and he wanted to hear what was on offer. Highly unlikely the lad would be a starter at Norwich.

Be interesting to hear if Celtic "topped" his wages after the lad had visited Norwich.
Celtic chucked the toys out of the pram and now look a little daft as the player wants to join them.

Certain Turnbull signing will mean they will lose Ntcham, Rogic or McGregor.
He is not as good as any of the three mentioned above although Ntcham and Rogic were pi** last season overall.
The funniest thing is I read Ntcham is impressing at the U21’s! Just shows he wants out of Pedo FC ASAP.

I’m bemused by this one.
A decent half season, a decent, Lafferty style, post split, to be more accurate, has amplified his achievements.
Yes he may well be a good player but, there is nothing there other than potential.
Talk of being a match winner a way premature.
In my opinion.
You may be correct but time will tell.
We will see who is right by Christmas

Strange move for the boy after everything that has happened and for Celtic. After everything that happened, it has made them look weak and like they will pay anything for their target so that they are not embarrassed in the press. Not a good look.

They are paying an extortionate amount for potential in the Scottish League, plus wages. This boy has been anonymous against both Rangers and Celtic when he has played and scored 75/80% of his goals against the bottom 3 clubs and 3 penalties.

I am not concerned about him and his threat to us chasing 55, he has made a bad decision in my mind and not just because its Celtic. If you want to develop as a player, move to the EPL. Even with Norwich he is going to train with a better calibre of player week in, week out. Then he is going to come up against some very technically gifted players to learn and develop from.

Instead he has chose to stay in this awful league, where he has already taken a torrent of abuse from Celtic fans and ex players. Now he is going to be coached by someone who consistently throws his players under the boss and never develops players to be better players. He has been ill advised on a football front, financially for himself and his agent he has played a blinder.

Another megathread on the horizon for the same Celtic target. :D:D:D

I'e enjoyed just adding to it, to point it out.

The lad hasn't actually done anything wrong. Both clubs had bids accepted and he wanted to hear what was on offer. Highly unlikely the lad would be a starter at Norwich.

Be interesting to hear if Celtic "topped" his wages after the lad had visited Norwich.
Celtic chucked the toys out of the pram and now look a little daft as the player wants to join them.

Certain Turnbull signing will mean they will lose Ntcham, Rogic or McGregor.
He is not as good as any of the three mentioned above although Ntcham and Rogic were pi** last season overall.

Thought it was said on here last week McGregor is definitely going cause his dad is happy he’s moving from St pats?

Thought it was said on here last week McGregor is definitely going cause his dad is happy he’s moving from St pats?

It’s a rumour he’s going to Leicester . That’s all it is at this stage though. Let’s hope it is true as he is the one who makes them tick . They’ll go tonto if they sell him especially to Rogers

Rodgers rates him - he is a good player but it's speculation at the moment. It is interesting that there is a some bad blood between the player & Lennon and things, well documented, were heated between them after the last OF game.

They are an absolute shambles behind the scenes.

Rodgers chucking them.

Lennon in as caretaker after being binned by Hibs who he left in 8th.

Lennon shouting at players.

The saga of waiting to offer him the job until moments after the SC final.....in the showers.

Congerton then legging it to Leicester with Rodgers.

The recruitment leak.

Lustig being humiliated in public then telling them to bolt when offered a new deal.

The absolute meltdown over Turnbull resulting in their captain having to be wheeled out begging him to sign and then the assistant manager torching him in the media.

They now have a head of recruitment "over the summer period to help out"....

Not to mention the elephant in the room which has, and is, absolutely engulfing them in a negative light.

Lennon said: “We’ve identified David now for quite a while - he’s here in the building and hopefully we’ll get a little brief chat with him before he goes off to do his medical today.

“We like the younger players and we’ve had great success with developing players over the past ten or 15 years and we see David following that pathway

An unfortunate quote from the bigot I'm sure :D

The funniest thing is I read Ntcham is impressing at the U21’s! Just shows he wants out of Pedo FC ASAP.
I wasn’t impressed the other night v England. Gave away possession lots, tried a couple of Hollywood passes that were never on, took one shot that trundled to the keeper and another that’s still rising now.

my guess is he will say something like

"There was only one team I ever wanted to go to, especially being a life long fan of the club. I'm just glad we got the deal over the line. It will be a great privilege to play under lennon, he was always a big hero of mine and I will learn a lot from him"

"There was only one team I ever wanted to go to, especially being a life long fan of the club. I'm just glad we got the deal over the line. It will be a great privilege to play under lennon, he was always a big hero of mine and I will learn a lot from him"
A club like no other...

Bill Young, yeah him I know.

saying McGregor is away

I like Bill Young. Not afraid to nail his colours. Yeah he talks pish sometimes, but don't we all? Enjoy listening to him

I'd be delighted if McGregor left. He's by far their best midfielder.

I'm assuming it's the tranny shagger?

Was hoping he wasn't going to sign for #celtic knew, my son in law is a Well fan,and says Turncoat/Turnball is 10 times the player Hastie is,and would pay £3mill for him as he will be worth £10mill in a few years.Just saying like.

And yet I have no idea who the boy is and cannot remember him against us at all, but I do remember Hastie!!!

No, he won’t. It’s well documented - and confirmed by those who know him - that the lad is a lifelong Motherwell fan. Not everyone supports, or has leanings towards, Rangers or them you know.

Bizarrely my best mate of 50 years first game was to see Rangers beat Dundee in the Scottish Cup Final in 1964. My first match was at Ibrox in 1961 when Motherwell pumped us 5-2 in the Scottish Cup. I grew up a Rangers fan, he has supported Motherwell since shortly after that Cup Final. Turnbull supports Motherwell.

I did on the other thread, but it got chopped.

There is absolutely no doubt that his form is unsustainable. He scored 12 goals when he should have scored 4. Even if he was the best finisher on the planet, he shouldn't have scored more than 6.

Yet another indication that regression to the mean is going to hit Celtic hard.

See i genuinely dont get this part.

Surely if his expected goals were 4 but he got 12 then thats a plus point??? Does it not mean his ratio for sticking the baw way n the pokey is exceptionally goodo_O

Really hope Ntcham and McGregor go that will leave Broon to show Turnaroonbull how to be a midfielder the Cltic way

• Doesnt want to join celtic
  • Celtic PR publicly slates him, however deal still on table
  • Celtic assistant manager publicly slates him
  • Boy goes to Norwich for talks
  • Celtic publicly pull out
  • Celtic fans absolutely slaughter the boy on social media
  • Boy knocks back Norwich
  • Celtic , who publiclly pull out, go back in for him
  • Boy whos played 30 games in his career agrees a 23k a week deal

absolutely bat shit mental and is a recipe for disaster

and i'm loving it ! they're a shambles

Surely if his expected goals were 4 but he got 12 then thats a plus point??? Does it not mean his ratio for sticking the baw way n the pokey is exceptionally goodo_O
No, it means he got really lucky and shots that would normally have missed the target or been saved went in.

What will happen is he’s due for a spell of bad form, where nothing he touches goes in despite it ought to go in, and his xG will catch up to his actual goal total again.

If you’re a good finisher, you will consistently outperform your xG (I.e. score more goals than the numbers say you should). But not at that level - the best players in the world don’t outperform their xG to that level consistently. Which means it’s unsustainable.

There was a highlights video of him on youtube and many of his goals/assists looked to be break of the ball type stuff.

No it predicts it’s unsustainable and will tail off. I remember laughing at someone using it to predict Lafferty would be a hopeless signing for us last summer and that his decent Hearts record was an anomaly, turns out the stats nerds can be quite accurate.

Thats why I was quite surprised that some of the posters who were quite angry about us not going for him and defending Celtic to the hilt for spending 3 million on him decided not to use these stats, when they’re usually radar daft.

19 Years old, 1/2 a decent, nothing more season.

Already has the pressure of having to hit the ground running because of the publicity and Celtic's fans turning on him then changing minds, then turning then back again.

Unlike any other young player he isn't going to have the time to settle

Panic signing by Lawwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back