Declan Rice - "up the ra"

I sincerely doubt him, nor the average 16 year old, knows anything about the atrocities the IRA commiteed and probably never will.

You don't think a 16 year old in Ireland knows about the history of the IRA? Of course they will! Were you making the same excuses for the lassie that joined ISIS? When you are 16 year old you know what terrorism is, there is no argument against that.

Anyone who cares about this is an utter moron tbh.

Why? It's a slap in the face to the victims of the IRA especially when servicemen are being prosecuted for actions during the Troubles.

Are the people who feel a tad peeved at people supporting ISIS or PLO utter morons too? See next time your at Ibrox sitting next to a Bear from NI. Ask him his opinion on the IRA then call him a moron if he doesn't like them.

You don't think a 16 year old in Ireland knows about the history of the IRA? Of course they will! Were you making the same excuses for the lassie that joined ISIS? When you are 16 year old you know what terrorism is, there is no argument against that.

He was born and raised in middle class England.

Tweeting some wee crappy slogan is hardly the same as joining an active terrorist group.

Last edited:
He was born and raised in middle class England.

Tweeting some wee crappy slogan is hardly the same as joining an active terrorist group

He obviously has Irish heritage. Tweeting support for them is bad enough, they are a fucking Terrorist group filled with some of the worst murderers this country has ever seen. You honestly don't think he knew what the IRA were?

He obviously has Irish heritage. Tweeting support for them is bad enough, they are a fucking Terrorist group filled with some of the worst murderers this country has ever seen. You honestly don't think he knew what the IRA were?

Course he knows who the IRA were.

But being 16, probably played football all the way through the high school I hardly think pulling him up and shaming him over a tweet is going to do anyone any favours.

We’ve all done daft stuff, he’s apologised.

Course he knows who the IRA were.

But being 16, probably played football all the way through the high school I hardly think pulling him up and shaming him over a tweet is going to do anyone any favours.

We’ve all done daft stuff, he’s apologised.

Robert Huth was banned for a tweet he made. Our very own Chris Graham lost his job at the club over a tweet. There is a precedent and I bet if it was against any other community/religion/race he would be in for punishment. But for some reason supporting the IRA is acceptable.

Robert Huth was banned for a tweet he made. Our very own Chris Graham lost his job at the club over a tweet. There is a precedent and I bet if it was against any other community/religion/race he would be in for punishment. But for some reason supporting the IRA is acceptable.

Both examples should’ve never been cited.

Should I get the sack for posts and comments I made when I was 16 (all deleted)?

I’m sure if you dug around deep enough on the old forum there would be some questionable comments then.

The boys apologised, probably cringes at what he said. That should be it.

As well as Rice, Michael Conlan the Belfast Boxer had 'up.the ra' by Wolfe tones played before his bout at Madison Sq Gardens NY. Typical Republican-mhank behaviour from both. In Conlan's case when you compare how Barry McGuigan, Wayne McCullough and Carl Frampton have conducted themselves over the years,with a cross community perspective, and kept politics out of Boxing.

Add Rory McIroy, Graeme MacDowell and Darren Clarke to that list

I dont know but does being 16 absolve him of responsibility? At 16 you are well aware of what the IRA is and what they are responsible for.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying he was being a daft wee boy. That's what they do. Speaking of responsibility, what punishment do you think he should face?

Not only did he write "up the RA" but also added "wait till we face England".
It's totally obvious where his loyalties lie, young guy or not.
I'm all for what a poster mentioned earlier...pick him for one game for England and then drop him into International obscurity....wee rhat!

Both examples should’ve never been cited.

Should I get the sack for posts and comments I made when I was 16 (all deleted)?

I’m sure if you dug around deep enough on the old forum there would be some questionable comments then.

The boys apologised, probably cringes at what he said. That should be it.

Some of the things I posted too I would go back and cringe at. But at the end of the day, I was 16 and knew what it all meant.

People in Scotland more or less every day offer support to the IRA, Politicians have stood infront of their banners and refused to condemn their acts of terror. Why has it become socially acceptable to support a Terrorist organisation?

Wow. You're off your fcuking head. I'm out.

What about Shamima Begum then as a comparison. Should everyone just forget that she joined Isis due to her age? End of the day they are both terrorist organisations. You can't say it's ok to support one and not the other.

What about Shamima Begum then as a comparison. Should everyone just forget that she joined Isis due to her age? End of the day they are both terrorist organisations. You can't say it's ok to support one and not the other.
I never said i was okay to support the.

Did Declan Rice pack up his bags and go off to join the IRA or was he just being a wee fanny on social media?

Just my opinion, but I don't think it's in any way comparable.

Doesn't Harry Kane have Oirish parents also? Will his timeline be checked? , maybe Twitter is beyond him.

I never said i was okay to support the.

Did Declan Rice pack up his bags and go off to join the IRA or was he just being a wee fanny on social media?

Just my opinion, but I don't think it's in any way comparable.

I don't think the other thread suggested by the previous poster is comparable, but I do think Begum case is. A daft tweet or not, he knew fine well the hurt the IRA caused to a lot of people. It cannot be acceptable to tweet your support for Terrorists at 16 years old. It's become almost socially acceptable in Scotland to support the IRA, that should never have been allowed to happen. The only difference is Shamima Begum had the balls to join her terror gang.

He was on Radio 5 at 6am this morning, never Been to Ireland before call up, his dad is Irish but he doesn't keep in contact with any of them, and he is English as he says, then you have Rachel Burden ugly boot, who harps on about her Irish heritage even though she's lived in England all her life, the sports reporter who says his brother got Irish residency due to Brexit, and the bold Nick Campbell who's father put him up for adoption was iRA rat.

Last edited:
Why is this only being highlighted now? If it's been on a public social media platform surely someone would have picked up on it before?
And presumably it's been done while he is an Irish national team youth player,so why didn't the Irish f.a discipline him, unless they approve of his support of a rotten bunch of terrorist scum?
Would anything have been made of his behaviour if he had remained an plastic Irishman?
I find it nauseating the way support for Irish terrorist groups seems to be acceptable under certain circumstances.
Look at it from a different perspective,if a member of the current England squad had tweeted support for any of the Muslim terror groups in the past does anyone think it would just be accepted as youthful indiscretion?
Or if an England footballer had tweeted praise for the murderer of MP Jo Cox, would that be accepted? Of course not, it's the sort of moronic behaviour that could end an international career before it's begun.
How about he donates his England wage to IRA victims charity groups?

I don't think the other thread suggested by the previous poster is comparable, but I do think Begum case is. A daft tweet or not, he knew fine well the hurt the IRA caused to a lot of people. It cannot be acceptable to tweet your support for Terrorists at 16 years old. It's become almost socially acceptable in Scotland to support the IRA, that should never have been allowed to happen. The only difference is Shamima Begum had the balls to join her terror gang.
I completely agree with that. It's wrong. What he posted was wrong. I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just saying he was 16 at the time and you'd like to hope that he was just being a wee dick.

I completely agree with that. It's wrong. What he posted was wrong. I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just saying he was 16 at the time and you'd like to hope that he was just being a wee dick.

Chances are he was just being a wee dick and genuinely regrets it. However, for too long they have got away with it while anyone holding any loyalist views or slightly 'non pc' opinions is castigated for it. They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore. Supporting the IRA was never ok. Whether it was 5 years ago and he was 16 or not, if he had posted Up the UDA and played for Rangers imagine the outcry from the usual suspects? We should never have to put up with blatant support for Irish terror gangs and he should at least be brought to task over it and made to explain himself to the FA.

He shows support for his mates by tweeting up the ra.
How does that work.
Up the Republic of come on you boys. In green but not up the ra.

Latest posts

Back