Euro 2020 Denmark v Belgium 5PM ITV

It’s fuller than I first thought when I said that to be fair.

I thought I was looking at Red seats but then they got up and starting dancing.

need to stop putting off that optiticians appointment
It’s a bit odd - in normal times you’d expect it to be a sell out, what with it being a home game for Denmark.

So you’d expect any empty seats to be due to Covid restrictions. Yet the fans who are there are all sat next to each other with no social distancing or masks.

Denmark are playing like men possessed. I’m not sure they can keep this pace going for the full match. It’s been a great game to watch so far.

It’s a bit odd - in normal times you’d expect it to be a sell out, what with it being a home game for Denmark.

So you’d expect any empty seats to be due to Covid restrictions. Yet the fans who are there are all sat next to each other with no social distancing or masks.

Yes, the only time I’ve seen it done ‘properly’ was the Luxembourg fans in their recent friendly with Scotland.

They had their distancing down to a tee

The discrepancy between the finances of the big leagues and the smaller countries is completely evident here.

Neither Belgium or Denmark have a single player who still plays in their home country in their lineups.

It’s very hard to improve the standard of your league when the best players leave as soon as they can and they don’t stay as the league isn’t strong enough so doesn’t attract the sponsorship/funds.

Vicious circle.

Belgium's a far better team than this. They had a stroll in Russia the other night and I cant say denmark are any better than them.

The discrepancy between the finances of the big leagues and the smaller countries is completely evident here.

Neither Belgium or Denmark have a single player who still plays in their home country in their lineups.

It’s very hard to improve the standard of your league when the best players leave as soon as they can and they don’t stay as the league isn’t strong enough so doesn’t attract the sponsorship/funds.

Vicious circle.
Not helped when the champions of smaller leagues aren't guaranteed Champions League football. Belgian champs do, but it's certainly a factor that doesn't help in other leagues.

Can’t say I agree with that. Denmark are a far better team than Russia
I dont think there's much between denmark and russia, it's no great Danish team as far as I can see.

Belgium have been terrible in this game and they are badly missing 2 quality players. They've passed their best though, think their best chance was the last wc.

I missed the first half and fully expected to turn on the telly and see Belgium one or two up.
From the half time highlights I saw Denmark are playing out their skin.
Is that a fair assessment of how the game's gone?

I missed the first half and fully expected to turn on the telly and see Belgium one or two up.
From the half time highlights I saw Denmark are playing out their skin.
Is that a fair assessment of how the game's gone?
Belgium are all over the place. Barely strung two passes together. Denmark swarming all over them but not creating too much.

Back