Dessers is (a lot) worse than Lammers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dessers is improved greatly from the start of the season, his pressing and hold up play have been good of late.

The issue he has is that he's our No. 9 and misses 3 chances before he scores one.

Also playing as a centre forward.
He was never once plated centre forward here.
In the four years before joining us he had 5 clubs, making 72 League appearances and scored 6 goals. Sure he averaged a goal every two games at Herenveen but that was 5 years ago and at a team with no expectations and no pressure.

Beggars belief to think we spent the guts of £15m on Dessers, Danilo, Cifuentes and Lammers. Dessers must have one of the worst goals to chances ratios ever. Danilo unlucky with injury to be fair, but contributed next to nothing. Lammers and Cifuentes shipped out at the very first opportunity. Last year's rebuild was at least 2 and probably 3 years overdue. And we made an absolute howling kunt of it, to the extent we probably need an even bigger rebuild this year.

Dessers is utter shite. We never really tried Lammers in the 9 but he wasnt great anywhere he played anyway. That said, I would have him back in a heartbeat over Silva. I honestly dont want to see him kick a ball for us again.

You could argue point 1 for the Hagi situation, but Lammers is actually showing something.

He was a victim of circumstance, who certainly didn’t help himself it must be said.

I actually believe too right now that he’d be a better option than Dessers. Dessers was pretty much just as bad as Lammers for long spells and we may have thrown the baby out with the bath water.

We’ll never know.
Take your point that he is doing well at Utrecht, but do you honestly think if he came back here and played up front he'd start banging goals in for us?

I really don't. He was a rabbit in the headlights at Ibrox - maybe he's suited to a different league or style. He may not be an awful footballer, but he was certainly an awful Rangers footballer (if that makes sense!)

I'm pleased he's doing well, from the point of view that we might get a good fee. The idea of him coming back sends a shiver down my spine.

Both are garbage in their own way.
Ironic that Lammers has scored as many as he had a complete inability to get most of his shots on target when here.

Dessers is just about as bad but in a different way. Quite a lot of his shots, when he actually gets the shot away, actually do hit the target but he has this uncanny ability of hitting the goalkeeper or a defender when he has the corner of the goal to aim for.

I'm tired of hearing the guys name , I dont get to see every game but most times it feels like we are playing with 10 men.

I genuinely think I play with a few boys on a Friday night who are more natural finishers than Dessers.

He’s absolutely terrible.
Did you know that the stats don’t back up Dessers as a dud.
In terms of numbers of goals
minutes per goal
conversion rate
Dessers outdoes Furahashi in every one of these stats.
He also outdoes Shankland and Miovski in terms of conversion rate.
Doesn’t really fit the narrative.

minutes per goal
conversion rate

Theo Blair and Simon Murray have a superior conversion rate to Dessers. Should we sign them? These stats are always useful but can't be applied on their own to exonerate a player's performances. You need some context.

Dessers arrived as a marquee centre forward signing who was supposed to make the difference in high pressure moments. Sunday was another example of him not being clinical enough to do that.

Last edited:
Lammers just scored for the 6th game in a row. Would probably offer more than Silva does playing as a striker
Silva is not the answer but he does work hard and puts a tackle in, Lammers does not like to tackle at all and did not work as hard IMO

Just ask yourself 1 question.

If we were to qualify for the Champions League, would you want Dessers leading our attack?

I love his nice guy attitude but surely to fck there is a million times better out there for that price?

Lammers needs punted as a matter of urgency too.

Let big Phil do his thing this Summer and beyond.

They’re both there as the worst I’ve seen. Cant be arsed with who’s better out the two. They both better be of the wage bill come June.

The 3 “strikers” we signed in the summer would make you greet.

To get stung once is incompetence. An absolute disgrace the money we spent on them.

Dessers is improved greatly from the start of the season, his pressing and hold up play have been good of late.

The issue he has is that he's our No. 9 and misses 3 chances before he scores one.
The issue is he rarely even scores bar a wee purple patch!

I can honestly say it’s a toss up between him and sebo as the two poorest strikers we have played decent money for.

I find him painful to watch purely because I pretty much know he is missing the chance as it unfolds before us.

minutes per goal
conversion rate

If we were to qualify for the Champions League, would you want Dessers leading our attack?

I love his nice guy attitude but surely to fck there is a million times better out there for that price?

One of the reasons we didnt qualify for CL football was Dessers miserable attempt when thru 1-1 with PSV keeper.
He's not that level, not our level, not SPL level.

The issue is he rarely even scores bar a wee purple patch!

I can honestly say it’s a toss up between him and sebo as the two poorest strikers we have played decent money for.

I find him painful to watch purely because I pretty much know he is missing the chance as it unfolds before us.
He actually cheats. He hides and is too busy grappling with some jobber Center half and moaning at the ref.

His big daft smile after ever sitter is well documented. Then there is the thumb up to a teammate every 5 minutes after a cross when he fails to be in the position he should be in.

The odd shuttle run to pretend to close down a defender fools no one.

Brutal.

 If we were to qualify for the champions league, it's not really going to matter who leads the attack.

Just cash the big cheque and bend over.

He'll be the missing piece of the jigsaw by the end of the season. Him and Hagi.
:)):)):)):))

Tha post made me laugh and you get my personal award of post of the day.

I knew as sure as a shite is followed by a dribble of pish, hagi would be missing link and then when I saw Lammers has scored yesterday that he would be the biggest January mistake oh and not paying 10 million for Shankland

Danilo I am still having doubts about and will be given a chance mate, he could have made a difference, who knows mate

£5m or whatever we spent on him is a waste when we don’t have him available for the majority of the season. When he has played he has looked less than convincing.

Instead we are subjected to CD every game.

God yesterday has really drained me.

:)):)):)):))

Tha post made me laugh and you get my personal award of post of the day.

I knew as sure as a shite is followed by a dribble of pish, hagi would be missing link and then when I saw Lammers has scored yesterday that he would be the biggest January mistake oh and not paying 10 million for Shankland
Just wait until we get Jack and Roofe back fit as well.

£5m or whatever we spent on him is a waste when we don’t have him available for the majority of the season. When he has played he has looked less than convincing.

Instead we are subjected to CD every game.

God yesterday has really drained me.
To be fair his injury was a bit of a freak one!

I think it’s unfair to judge him on that, just like his injury against st Johnston, time will tell but either way he is here next season

minutes per goal
conversion rate
Statistics and lies!

I made a thread on here suggesting playing Lammers as a 9 when we were short of options around November/December.

Both are likeable characters, but neither are good enough to be our number 9. I would sell both at the earliest opportunity.

Dessers is one of those players where he gets in the vital positions but just fluffs it.

Doesn’t fill anyone with confidence and this may also affect the team.

Imagine the stats if he could finish some chances.

Still think his attitude is better than Lammers and chipped in goals but in no way is Dessers the answer.

Last edited:
Another pathetic performance from someone who is a poor a striker as I've ever seen play for us in the top league

I'm going to leave it at that as he's cost me about 5 bans already this season
You deserve to be banned again

Dessers isn't good. And he's not reliable when it matters.

But Lammers was completely ineffective

Apologies if already covered

Due to work I can’t watch most games I manage to catch the radio in the way home I always hear the same comments “Dessers could have had a hat trick”. Or “Dessers could have had 4 or 5”.So definitely gets in the right position just not clinical enough

To think we let the likes of Cedric Itten go and then consider Dessers! I’m not saying Itten was a world beater, but far better and more clinical than what we’ve got. Roll on summer to make big changes!

Danilo I am still having doubts about and will be given a chance mate, he could have made a difference, who knows mate

I’m sure Danilo would’ve made a big difference. Just our luck that he hits some form then promptly gets a season ending injury.

I wouldn't have Dessers leading the line in the Scottish Premiership let alone the Champions League.

I’m sure Danilo would’ve made a big difference. Just our luck that he hits some form then promptly gets a season ending injury.

Danilo was way off it before his injury. Lively but erratic. Miles better than Dessers who was in turn miles better than Lammers.

Not a single one of them was worth the money we paid for them though.

Both likeable characters, but sadly not cutting it on the pitch.
See this line getting trotted out time and time again, there likeable characters it needs fuckin stopped
Dessers laughing when missing chances is hardly a sign of character I want in any rangers team

Lammers wasn’t great being played out of position but surely it would have been better keeping him for the striker position instead of relying purely on Dessers as he seems determined to play Silva on the left rather than central.

We have an absolute donkey and a crock as our 2 striker options.
Lammers confidence was shot. He is now playing for a mid table Dutch team with little pressure which suits him. If he had stayed we would have the same posters saying he was absolutely dross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back