Dessers is (a lot) worse than Lammers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you’re saying now is that the debate is nothing to do with Dessers playing ability.
It’s about the fee that was paid for him which has eff all to do with him.

Do you not think it’s reasonable to judge a player on his playing ability and overall contribution to the team.?
Your criticism would appear to be misplaced imo.
I judge a player on playing ability and overall contribution.

Yes, of course a player's fee, wage and squad status is linked to how he will be perceived in the eyes of the support.

You can think my criticism is misplaced, that's fine. It's at least a more evolved mindset than accusing someone of "hating" a player because they happen to see things differently. So well done for that.

With Dessers we got exactly what we paid for - a 29 year old journeyman forward playing in the bottom half of Serie A. On his day he can be pretty good: quick, strong, clever etc. but he's also very capable of being totally anonymous to actively harming our performances and results.

I have sympathy for him in that he's been our only fit striker for the majority of the season and he's definitely played his part on us staying in touch in the title race. I'm sure many will argue that he may eventually play a role in us finishing second but I would say that overall we'd be in a much worse position if he had also been unavailable for huge chucks of the season.

He's definitely not one of the worst strikers we've ever had in terms of ability and goal scoring but he's exactly the sort of profile of player we need to avoid. If he was 22 you could argue that he has the scope to improve but at this point he is what he is. I would guess that he's also one of the better paid players in the squad so it's hard to make a case that he's good value as a squad player. In the end, he was just one of many bad decisions by Beale in last summer's window.

Yes, of course a player's fee, wage and squad status is linked to how he will be perceived in the eyes of the support.

You can think my criticism is misplaced, that's fine. It's at least a more evolved mindset than accusing someone of "hating" a player because they happen to see things differently. So well done for that.
For me it’s what the player does on a football pitch that’s important.
We can agree to disagree.
I do think fans like yourself are influenced by fees.

I do think it’s justified suggesting someone must hate a player when they start to blame the centre forward for losing goals .
That’s nuts not just seeing things differently.

However let’s move on.
Best of luck to you and let’s do the business tonight.
The start of the recovery we both hope.

Even goalscoring legends of the team miss bundles of chances.
McCoist and Boyd in particular come to mind.
I remember McCoist being that bad and missing so many chances at the beginning of his career at Ibrox over so many games it came to a peak I think it was Dundee we played at Ibrox our supporters were sing Ally Ally GTF.

Imo you are being unduly harsh on Dessers and the fact you are resorting to blaming Dessers for bad passes that lead to goals conceded without any blame being attached to the other 9 outfield players is just ludicrous.
It’s all Dessers fault in your eyes and you are blinded by your fixed opinion with respect.
Let’s be clear I’ve only said Dessers is doing OK.
Never said it was all Dessers fault. I have in other posts we have been poor collectively - and dont miss Clement here with his assertion that 'he didnt recognise the team' being poor fluff. We've been crap for months.
The OP was about Dessers and thats why i stated my view.
He's a cert to start tonight.
Lets hope he scores and has a great game. I'll be straight on here toacknowldege it.

Incidently , by this stage in his career McCoist had scored a hatrick in a cup final vCeltic( and i know what went on in Feb 85). Boyd scored a hatrick on his first game.
I'm pretty sure history will remain kinder to them than Dressers.
Yes, they passed up chances but still continued to score vital or bundles of goals.

Never said it was all Dessers fault. I have in other posts we have been poor collectively - and dont miss Clement here with his assertion that 'he didnt recognise the team' being poor fluff. We've been crap for months.
The OP was about Dessers and thats why i stated my view.
He's a cert to start tonight.
Lets hope he scores and has a great game. I'll be straight on here toacknowldege it.

Incidently , by this stage in his career McCoist had scored a hatrick in a cup final vCeltic( and i know what went on in Feb 85). Boyd scored a hatrick on his first game.
I'm pretty sure history will remain kinder to them than Dressers.
Yes, they passed up chances but still continued to score vital or bundles of goals.
Absolutely we all on here have one thing in common in that we all have a love for the club and wish them all the best.

Was that McCoist hat trick in his 1st season?
Think he scored 20 goals and Dessers on track for not that far off him.
Setting a high bar in Dessers getting to goal scoring levels of McCoist and Boyd.
Very unlikely to happen given his age and profile.

Bottom line is all I’ve said Dessers has done OK in terms of his overall contribution.
However the team would have been worse off this season without him.
He’s the only one that can lead the line and hold up play.Scored a few goals should have been more.
Always been available to play so overall OK.
There’s a lot hypercritical of him.

Absolutely we all on here have one thing in common in that we all have a love for the club and wish them all the best.

Setting a high bar in Dessers getting to goal scoring levels of McCoist and Boyd.

Bottom line is all I’ve said Dessers has done OK in terms of his overall contribution.
He’s the only one that can lead the line and hold up play.Scored a few goals should have been more.
McCoist signed summer 1983. Scored in his first Old Firm game in a minute. Hatrick the following March in the LCF v Celtic.
Well if Dessers can score at Parkhead and, lets say score a couple at least in the cup final , then who knows how he might be defined?

Dessers holds on to nothing.
Rather than you and i play cat and mouse, lets see how he does tonight when the team desperately need goals and indeed someone who it can stick with when under pressure.

McCoist signed summer 1983. Scored in his first Old Firm game in a minute. Hatrick the following March in the LCF v Celtic.
Well if Dessers can score at Parkhead and, lets say score a couple at least in the cup final , then who knows how he might be defined?

Dessers holds on to nothing.
Rather than you and i play cat and mouse, lets see how he does tonight when the team desperately need goals and indeed someone who it can stick with when under pressure.
Yup let’s wait till season end and see what he can deliver or not.

I would mention that to leave him out and play who ?
Silva for me hasn’t delivered much at all and we don’t have other options unless Danilo miraculously returns and even then he’s not match fit.

So anyone can malign him all they want but there are virtually no replacement options.
He’s just about undroppable.

So what would the detractors suggest as the solutions for the rest of the season at Centre Forward better than Dessers?
He’s that bad there must be several different options.

Yup let’s wait till season end and see what he can deliver or not.

I would mention that to leave him out and play who ?
Silva for me hasn’t delivered much at all and we don’t have other options unless Danilo miraculously returns and even then he’s not match fit.

So anyone can malign him all they want but there are virtually no replacement options.
He’s just about undroppable.

So what would the detractors suggest as the solutions for the rest of the season at Centre Forward better than Dessers?
He’s that bad there must be several different options.
He's not good enough it's as simple as that

I was looking at the new threads following our win today and noticeably no mention of Dessers.
Hmmm.
Wonder why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back