Do We Sign a New Keeper In The Summer?

We're potentially looking at McGregor's last season and what a player he's been for us. Do we need to bring in a first choice keeper in the summer?

The other option is McLaughlin as first choice with maybe McCrorie on the bench. I can't shake the feeling though that as good as McLaughlin is he's just not good enough to be a full time Rangers number 1.

If and hopefully when we get that Champions League money I'd be advocating buying a quality keeper that could play for us for a few years and also have potentially a massive sell on fee. We have the scouting structure in place so I would hope we'd be able to identify such a player.

Potential champions League money and money brought in through player sales, this summer could be the perfect time to invest in a quality replacement for one of our greatest ever Goalkeepers.

What would you like to see?
Jon would be fine as our keeper

McLaughlin doesn’t pull off the match winners McGregor does.

If McGregor hangs up his gloves after this season then I reckon we target a number 1.

I’ve seen a lot of criticism and folk not taking to McLaughlin, I find it a bit strange, What goals has McLaughlin let in that you think McGregor would have saved ?

I honestly cant think of one goal that I thought McLaughlin was to blame for, however up until the other week it was almost every shot at McGregor it was a goal.

He had the worst save/shot % in the league.

Even some of the double saves McGregor has been making was because he never dealt with the first attempt properly. This season alone he has pushed so many straight back in to play that have resulted in goals, probably Motherwell away the worst.

However at the end of the season if you were to produce the ten best saves of the season 5 would be McGregors. Goalkeeping is more than just pulling off a worldly every other game. I am far more comfortable with McLaughlin dealing with cross balls in to the box and with the ball at his feet. If the opposition don’t have the ball they ain’t scoring. McLaughlin rarely puts us under pressure with his distribution and collects most crosses in to the box.

He probably had one of his worst games against us recently but Liam Kelly is up there with the best keepers in our league.

Back