Do you have trust in GVB and Wilson with the huge rebuild in the summer?

Do you trust GVB and Wilson with the huge rebuild this summer

• Yes

Votes: 86 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 375 81.9%

• Total voters

Laudrup is God

Wilson has a very poor hit rate of successful signings with the club and GVB January signings have all bombed.

I’ve calmed down from yesterday and think Gio needs to be given the chance to build his own side but I’m not that confident in them building a championship winning team.

They deserve a season to do so with half of the money from the Patterson sale, and the potential sales of Kent/Barisic/Aribo/Morelos. That should give them a chunk to reinvest into the squad and hopefully improve it.

If they fail, we need to replace both as soon as it's obvious it's not working.

If a new manager came in that had 4 or 5 players in mind for the spine of his team I could see that working but Gio seems reliant on what Wilson and the scouting team produce and we have a very low success rate

No, I think GVB is far too negative tactics wise and doesn't appear to have the nasty streak in him that all top managers need.

Voted yes but really depends on what money is available. There's a good chunk of dead wood to be moved on which will free up wages and I think we'll be selling a few of our starting players, but if we're relying on bosman's and loans next year like we were this then no, little faith we'll get the quality we need.

Yes I have faith in Gio to get it right.
Sacking Gio when he's not had time to bring in his own players would be harsh in the extreme imo.

Guys had one transfer window with a couple of loanee's thrown at him.
The board took a massive gamble in January and we're going to pay the price for it. Yes we were ahead on points when Gio came in....but it was pretty clear to all that the squad was stagnating...we were a Morelos injury away from our season being completely derailed, and that is what happened.

No he doesn’t have it to be Rangers manager and if he loses the semi final the calls for him to be sacked will get louder

He needs the Scottish cup bare minimum

Our bread and butter is domestic.

1 trophy in Scotland in years is horrendous (I know he’s not at fault for what’s gone before)

But 3 old firm defeats won’t be a good look for him

I’m not sure I do no. However it’s worth remembering we have pissed away the chance of an £80million income over 2 years and clearly don’t have a meaningful transfer fund to win the league next year. Last year and this year were the seasons to win the league to gain direct entry into the champions league. Very concerning where we go from here.

No they both need removed.

We already backed a failing manager in Pedro who should have been sacked before the end of the season and a few months later were sacking him after spending millions, wasting another season.

Can I ask what with mate? They have just handed that mob £30million with their shitting it. We are back looking for much the same the last few windows.
The money we get from selling players. They've rebuilt their squad with the money they got for Edouard Ajer and Christie.

We should be able to get close to £20m for Kent, Aribo and Kamara.

I'm not 1 for sacking a manager ,while he hasn't built his own team ,but I don't trust him and I don't trust his negative tactics, ramsay was our only player looking likely to contribute anything and he hooks him .

I don't trust the board enough to give GVB the chance to even make an arse of it.

I have my own reservations about his abilities, but I can't see him getting the backing to prove it one way or the other. It'll be a bunch of free and journeymen for the 3rd season running and then complete surprise when we get pumped out the CL qualifiers.

I honestly don’t know if I’d trust either of them to carry out a rebuild.

I’d be willing to wait till the end of the season and assess.

What I will say is the signs aren’t looking good for GVB domestically, and our last 3 transfer windows have been atrocious

The one major problem I have is that I don’t think he has improved us at all in fact we are worse in all aspects of the game and I started a thread yesterday saying they looked better coached than us and I stand by that but we have to give him the chance to build his team imo with players who will play his style and commit to the club.

I wasn’t keen on the appointment of Gio, really didn’t fancy it at all, our collapse in the league, dropped points and 2 defeats to the filth backs up my worries at the time.

The whole thing is a clusterfuck, how on Earth we have went from champions to gift wrapping the title in April to fat Ange and his bang average side is beyond belief, heads have to roll for it.

The good managers can improve players and make the team better without getting millions. They earn the right to be given a big chunk of cash. We aren't flush enough.

He hasn't improved anyone.
There's no more improvement in this squad mate. The vast majority of them peaked last season and are done at Rangers. They're Gerrard's players and even he wasn't getting enough out of them at the start of the season. It's exactly what happened with that lot last season.

Having defended him loads and giving him time, I am unsure of what players Gio actually would want or requires as we have seen no real style from him. Does he want wide wingers, midfield runners? Even if that’s the case, what team relies on midfield runners and flicks over the top to win football games. We should be able to make 433 work like every other team does.

The semi might buy time but let’s face it, we all know how this ends. We’ve all been watching football long enough.

Only Pedro has lost his first three OF games so Gio must be dismissed if this happens.
Let’s be honest is anyone expecting anything from the semi final?

We don’t have any money for a huge rebuilding job regardless of trusting Ross Wilson to supply capable players to the coaching team.

No, but it’s what we will get anyway.

I dread to think what kind of dross Wilson is going to serve up.

Considering how big of a rebuild it is, if we even have the slightest worries about them in charge then we need to act fast. We absolutely can't afford to mess this summer up and there is a very good chance we will if they are still here.

Wilson has a very poor hit rate of successful signings with the club and GVB January signings have all bombed.

I’ve calmed down from yesterday and think Gio needs to be given the chance to build his own side but I’m not that confident in them building a championship winning team.
Gio must go we have went back to the team we were before gerrard came in. Bottle merchants. Disgraceful gio is not the man for the job

Bluntly, I expect the usual huffing and puffing but rarely testing Hart. Ship a few goals thanks to lazy and/or suicidal defending/goalkeeping.
Huffing and puffing is exactly it. None of our say front 6 players actually want the ball. None of them believe in themselves that they can score the goals. Therefore they look to someone else to do it, usually that man is Morelos. The goals we score at the moment are the type that hit off our players and eventually find their way into the net. Like Roofe vs Aberdeen.

No, I think GVB is far too negative tactics wise and doesn't appear to have the nasty streak in him that all top managers need.
I can't imagine Gio giving the players the ' hairdryer ' treatment at half time yesterday

Back