Do you have trust in GVB and Wilson with the huge rebuild in the summer?

Do you trust GVB and Wilson with the huge rebuild this summer

• Yes

Votes: 86 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 375 81.9%

• Total voters
There is no money for Gio to build his own squad so if that’s what he needs to succeed, he should never have been hired.

An Eck-style galvanisation is what was needed, not a whole new project. Wilson has been a disaster.

No. I don’t trust the players and I don’t expect GvB to come up with a master plan.

They’ll do us at Hampden. Look at the players at full time yesterday. Done.
Body language said it all at FT. Every one of them looking for someone else to do the business for them yesterday. It’s typical of the over passing of this team, pass pass pass trying to pass the ball into the net.

There is no money for Gio to build his own squad so if that’s what he needs to succeed, he should never have been hired.

An Eck-style galvanisation is what was needed, not a whole new project. Wilson has been a disaster.
It’s shown if you can bring in a coach with a clear plan then even some of yesterday players can play a part in a winning side. They just need guidance and a structure. Doesn’t look like we have that right now.

Sadly it’s not down to me, but the current board won’t be changing the management team they just appointed a few months ago to try and get a tune out of a bunch of players that prior to his departure were looking well off it under Gerrard. We’re stuck with for now.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working with Gio. As above comments, there doesn't seem to be an identity there where you could say "if we were to strengthen here" or "add quality there" then the plan would work. The team look nowhere near as fit or motivated as they did last season.

It's a really tough one for the board, because if they go for someone else there's a real risk of such a huge turnover causing another completely disjointed season next season, but that risk I think remains there if Gio stays.

This is the type of quandary which makes me glad I comment about the game on a football forum, and I'm not involved at boardroom level :))

I would give gio next season to get the players he wants and implement the system of football he wishes to play
Our European performances have suggested to me gio given time and resource can get this right
Problems in playing opposition in Scotland were there before he took over
He needs properly supported or loan signings in Jan have been a disaster Ramsey only now starting to get close to match fitness and diallo not contributed as we hoped

No. Three shocking windows in a row from Wilson now.

As for Gio, times likely up. Should be relived of his duties in May. Giving him longer is just Pedro style window dressing and delaying the inevitable.

We are about to be left years behind again, so we must rip it all up and start again. He’s blown over £30m after being given a head start and then increasing the lead to then capitulate it. Times up

I’m not sure another thread on this is necessary however, he needs to be given a chance to build his own team.

We have chucked some ridiculous points away this season, most of which is from poor play and complete inability to take chances!

That, sadly, sums up this squad

My fear is gio will replace the players leaving with players from the Netherlands he knows and we’ll have a situation where we will have an all dutch coaching staff and influx of Dutch players and we all saw under advocaat that splits start to open up in the dressing room when things start going wrong

No, not at all. I don't think I could trust either of them. Wilson doesn't inspire me at all but I just genuinely can't see Gio getting the best out of anyone to be truthful.

I think we lack talent at boardroom level, and I say that with a massive amount of respect and thanks to those guys that have kept us going financially. They dont seem to have the footballing nous needed for a club like Rangers - I include Ross Wilson in this - I think they are trying too hard to have a footballing 'identity' when we really just need to win games

If they have any doubt whatsoever about Gio they should bin him at the end of the season and start again. Problem is this will cost a lot of money, but short term pain financially might be worth it

Bring in some decent transfer fees and allow the new manager to build his own side

I'd say its unanimous now, certainly the majority view within the support they dont trust either to carry the club forward.

The board need to act now.

I'm not sure on either GvB or Ross Wilson, but I would point out that Ross Wilson hasn't spent much money as Rangers DoF. He's mainly been tasked with finding players on pre-contracts or loans.

As for the manager, a rollercoaster mixture of highs (in Europe mainly) and lows domestically. My biggest concern is that after 5-6 months, I still don't see a clear identity or approach to our style of play under him. I honestly couldn't predict what a "Van Bronckhorst" player would look like or what attributes they would have.

I think Gio needs a experienced assistant manager that knows Scottish Football to guide him if he doesn't do that I fear the worst.

I don't trust the board to give the funds.

I don't really trust Ross Wilson to sign good enough players that aren't injury prone if given the money.

I'm happy to give Gio a transfer window. I don't know how much you can judge anyone when brought in half way through a season with someone else's squad that is at the end of a cycle and have shown themselves time and time again to be complete losers.

He hasn't improved their league performances from Gerrards this season but he also hasn't made them any worse and he improved in Europe.

I think he needs to really put his foot down and make sure he get the players he wants in though.

My concern is that if this forum is good indicator of the fans feelings - then Gio is done as he will get no grace next season

In fairness, why would he?

He was handed a squad of title-winning players, albeit one which hadn’t quite reached the heights of the prior season, and a 4 point lead over our nearest rivals for the title plus a transfer window to add to the squad.

4 months later we are 6 points behind and said transfer window was an abject failure despite a decent outlay on the likes of Ramsey and Diallo. The more time he has had to work with the players the worse our results and performances have gotten domestically.

There’s no defence for that frankly.

My fear is gio will replace the players leaving with players from the Netherlands he knows and we’ll have a situation where we will have an all dutch coaching staff and influx of Dutch players and we all saw under advocaat that splits start to open up in the dressing room when things start going wrong
We done quite well with the oranje though I'd welcome some dutch talent especially if they had the same skill we previously had

No. They’ve done nothing to give me confidence in them.

That said, there’s no chance Gio isn’t starting next season as manager so I hope I’m wrong and they produce a monumental summer window.

I dont have trust in wilson or the board to produce the players or the funds to give gio the team he requires , im sure there are players that gio would like to bring in but when your given bosmans to work with there is only so much you can do , we need to start spending money on quality

Obviously a poll like this at this type of timing will always go unfavourably for the manager and I think it’s pretty unnecessary tbh.

Gio’s issue has been the league but I get the feeling he doesn’t rate much of the squad. I feel he should be given a chance to bring in players that he would want. Gio’s results in Europe have been outstanding, you literally can’t take that away from him.

There is obvious issue with his player selection although at the start of the OF game that line up most people would have agreed with that team. It’s his tactical changes that need to improve or at least the timing of them.

Gerrard left us 6 points clear. We r now 6 behind.

Gerrard would have never got embarrassed the way we did at the pigery and certainly would have put on a better show yesterday
I think SG left us 4 points clear (semantics I know) but fully agree on your second point.

They’ll not back him with enough money to catch the mhanks though, because we are now 30m worse off because of our cheap season ending in failure

Are you saying we won't qualify already?
We have still have 1 route this season and will have another next season.

I don't think Gio is the dud he's being portrayed as some but neither do I feel he's a long term Rangers manager either.

Can we afford to hand him a sizeable summer rebuild only bin him in the months after it like we did with Pedro ?

Monumental decision coming up for the club.

Wilson has a very poor hit rate of successful signings with the club and GVB January signings have all bombed.

I’ve calmed down from yesterday and think Gio needs to be given the chance to build his own side but I’m not that confident in them building a championship winning team.
I was having a look to see what they were as I can’t remember which window he came in. The likes of Hagi, Balogun, Bassey were clearly good signings but struggling to think of any others. Was Barker his? I know the likes of Simpson, Wright, Itten etc were.

That said Allan wasn’t much better - Jones, Hastie, Edmundon, Oji, Umran.

Are you saying we won't qualify already?
We have still have 1 route this season and will have another next season.
We are not winning the EL. It’s dreamland to think we are.

You think this team and manager can get through 2 rounds of qualifiers against some tricky sides? Good on you, I don’t have faith in them or the board. As soon as there’s a realistic challenge the team, the management and the board are “found wanting”

The slide was already beginning before Gerrard left and I’m not convinced we would have ended the year 6 ahead if he had still been in charge.

I would like to see Gio get a chance to bring in his own players, but I don’t know if he can survive the league being lost in the manner it has been. Even though, for me, it’s the players who have blown it. Again!

Yes I have faith in Gio to get it right.
Sacking Gio when he's not had time to bring in his own players would be harsh in the extreme imo.

Guys had one transfer window with a couple of loanee's thrown at him.
The board took a massive gamble in January and we're going to pay the price for it. Yes we were ahead on points when Gio came in....but it was pretty clear to all that the squad was stagnating...we were a Morelos injury away from our season being completely derailed, and that is what happened.

Honestly mate, how deluded can you be?

If he has different players but makes the same negative decisions during matches, the outcome will be the same

We need to empty our heads of any belief Gio is going to be the man to take us forward - he isn't, and he never will be.

He is an utter wetwipe and frankly I think he's had an incredibly easy ride despite his decision helping ruin our league season

Ross Wilson,

See the whole thing that gets said about not having money to spend etc, there is a reality to that.... we most likely aren't ever going to have the budget to spend it will always be bargain basement/looking for gems/limited spend or buys in the 3/4 million range, that IS our market, we aren't going to have an EPL budget.

January felt like how I used to play Champ Man when I first got it TBH, nothing imaginative, nothing unknown f*ck it I will sign a big profile player I know and someone on loan who plays for a good club because that alone must mean they are good, mental with hindsight.

The slide was already beginning before Gerrard left and I’m not convinced we would have ended the year 6 ahead if he had still been in charge.

I would like to see Gio get a chance to bring in his own players, but I don’t know if he can survive the league being lost in the manner it has been. Even though, for me, it’s the players who have blown it. Again!
So if he tells his own/better players to sit back and/or defend next season at the wrong time the outcome will be different?

He coaches like a guy who has been nowhere near british football

Ross Wilson,

See the whole thing that gets said about not having money to spend etc, there is a reality to that.... we most likely aren't ever going to have the budget to spend it will always be bargain basement/looking for gems/limited spend or buys in the 3/4 million range, that IS our market, we aren't going to have an EPL budget.

January felt like how I used to play Champ Man when I first got it TBH, nothing imaginative, nothing unknown f*ck it I will sign a big profile player I know and someone on loan who plays for a good club because that alone must mean they are good, mental with hindsight.
£3m/£4m signings is the best case scenario mate, not some consolation.

If we aren't in the CL, we aren't going to be spending £3m/£4m per player in the summer.

So if he tells his own/better players to sit back and/or defend next season at the wrong time the outcome will be different?

He coaches like a guy who has been nowhere near british football
Is that what he’s telling them? Remember after the shit show against them the last time, he said the players weren’t following his instructions.

Either way it’s not great.

If it looks like they are making efforts to move the players on who can't deal with pressure and thought 55 was the be all and end all then yes.

If there's no movement on that front Wilson is particular is on thin ice.

If we lose the two remaining games against Celtic Gio can't stay anyway, surely.

£3m/£4m signings is the best case scenario mate, not some consolation.

If we aren't in the CL, we aren't going to be spending £3m/£4m per player in the summer.

We utterly should be TBH, not going it is just about inexcusable, we should be making at least 3 or 4 in that bracket this summer even without CL money, I would argue we should be making a couple more at an even greater cost than that

Gio needs sacked, there is no point pretending he will suddenly become a good manager.
That’s harsh tbh! I’d give him the summer and let him bring in his own players to suit his style of play. Yea he’s made a couple of mistakes but the 99% of this sits with the players and individual errors IMO.

Problem is with Wilson and to a degree GVB. The loyalty to some players will be their downfall. GVB can only pick the best available to be fair.

Diallo- why bring him? He's too lightweight and timid. Waste of a jersey

Ramsey- Just got match fit. Too little too late.

Davis- doesn't fancy him. Why, is beyond me.

Greegsy- Great servant but too many mistakes domestically.

Aribo- Nothing left in the tank. Overplayed imo.

Kamara- offering nothing since the break.

Roofe- just not good enough for a striker.

Itten- Nothing more to be said.

Sakala- can run fast but no final product.

Wright- see above.

Kent- never been the same

Arfield- too inconsistent

Lundstrum- just not consistent enough.

Borna- bottle has went.

Goldson- heart of a mouse.

Tav- seems to hide in big pressure domestic games at times.

We need a massive overhaul of players and that ain't gonna be cheap. I'm actually quite depressed typing this come to think about it.

Can't fully dismiss Gio as this isn't his team and these shitebag players have let us down numerous times by this point. He'll get next season and his own team to prove himself. Do I trust the board with recruitment? No.
These same players under performed when Gerrard was manager all though they have gave us great nights and memories gio needs to bring his own players in and we go again .

Back