Doekhi can choose between Union Berlin and Rangers FC

Ataturk

copyright-proshots-16392495.jpg

Danilho Doekhi (23) will continue his career in Germany or Scotland. Union Berlin seem to be the main candidates to sign the captain of Vitesse, while Rangers of coach Giovanni van Bronckhorst also hopes for the arrival of Doekhi. The central defender, in his fourth season in Arnhem and this season for the first captain, is free and announced his departure. In the winter break Doekhi decided to stay despite interest from various clubs (including Rangers at the time), partly because Vitesse won the European winter.

Union Berlin, who also have Sheraldo Becker under contract, think they can win the battle for Doekhi. The club hopes to win a European ticket again on Saturday at home against VfL Bochum. Doekhi has already hinted that he wants to choose a club where he can play European games again. Playing in the Bundesliga now seems to be the deciding factor over the less appealing Scottish league. Doekhi played before Vitesse for Excelsior and Jong Ajax. Under Thomas Letsch he developed the last two seasons excellent at Vitesse. In addition to Doekhi, Riechedly Bazer and Eli Dasa will also leave Vitesse on a transfer-free basis, while mercenaries Jakob Rasmussen and Loïs Openda will return to their proper employers.

Link (in Dutch)

Would be a good addition from what I've seen and read on here, which admittedly isn't much to go by.

If we had any genuine interest in January, you wonder if he's looking at us now and wondering if he should have moved sooner.

Before I decide if I want him at Ibrox, anyone seen him play that can confirm he's good enough?

Union Berlin or potential Europa League winners and therefore Champions League participants?

Such a difficult decision…

Interesting choice. A club like Rangers over the Bundesliga.

If we win on Wednesday and qualify for the CL then it makes his decision a lot harder, or not.

The Bundesliga is a big draw, so I wouldn't be surprised if he chose them due to that.
Sad but true. For many players, the league they're playing in is at least as important as the club they're playing for. We have and will continue to see players move on, not because they want to leave Rangers, but because they want to leave Scottish football and play against higher level opposition. Morelos is probably a prime example amongst the current crop.

Good for them.

We've battered two German sides already this season, win our third game against one next week and we go into Pot 1 of the UCL.

If the kid has sense...
We obviously layer in our love for the club into the comments but in reality big five league, european football (they will be in group stages somewhere potentially) is a very big draw.

Its not a slam dunk decision for someone with no affiliation with us.

Would be a big loss if he goes there as it looks like he's been our number one target for replacing goldson.

Losing both and only having the injury prone souttar, helander & balogun would leave us needing to most likely splash cash on CB we wanted to use elsewhere to strengthen team.

Back