Doekhi can choose between Union Berlin and Rangers FC

copyright-proshots-16392495.jpg

Danilho Doekhi (23) will continue his career in Germany or Scotland. Union Berlin seem to be the main candidates to sign the captain of Vitesse, while Rangers of coach Giovanni van Bronckhorst also hopes for the arrival of Doekhi. The central defender, in his fourth season in Arnhem and this season for the first captain, is free and announced his departure. In the winter break Doekhi decided to stay despite interest from various clubs (including Rangers at the time), partly because Vitesse won the European winter.

Union Berlin, who also have Sheraldo Becker under contract, think they can win the battle for Doekhi. The club hopes to win a European ticket again on Saturday at home against VfL Bochum. Doekhi has already hinted that he wants to choose a club where he can play European games again. Playing in the Bundesliga now seems to be the deciding factor over the less appealing Scottish league. Doekhi played before Vitesse for Excelsior and Jong Ajax. Under Thomas Letsch he developed the last two seasons excellent at Vitesse. In addition to Doekhi, Riechedly Bazer and Eli Dasa will also leave Vitesse on a transfer-free basis, while mercenaries Jakob Rasmussen and Loïs Openda will return to their proper employers.

Link (in Dutch)

The 2 Europa spots for Germany go to the cup winners and 5th place. Freiburg (5th) and Leipzig (4th) are in the cup final so think Union will definitely be in the Europa next season.

If we get CL I would imagine the question will not be who does he choose and instead who starts next to him for us.

That’s a loss for me, strange to understand that one. Given how big a club we are and how well we perform in Europe I’d have thought we could outdo union Berlin.

Disappointing that we can’t.

Surely if it’s between us and Union Berlin there is only 1 winner.
Our league is pish mate us & the filth that's it & another plastic pitch for next season add the prospect of possibly 4 games against Arbroath outwith of being born a bear there's no attraction here & Berlin are offering more money, we should have paid the £2million for him during the winter transfer window .

Maybe he has picked Union, or will, as there is far less pressure or expectation against the top German sides.:)

Never seen him anyway wouldnt be surprised if Souttar is far better.

We should have plenty of options and hopefully money to spend on some real quality i wonder if there is another Goldson out there playing at a smaller club in England thats where id be looking anyway for a replacement.

Our league is pish mate us & the filth that's it & another plastic pitch for next season add the prospect of possibly 4 games against Arbroath outwith of being born a bear there's no attraction here & Berlin are offering more money, we should have paid the £2million for him during the winter transfer window .
How much are Berlin offering?

Nothing attractive about playing in front of the eyes of the EPL, with you now becoming easier to sign for them having played in Britain and not face as much work permit problems, competing for trophies, playing for a huge club & playing European football?

Obviously we are a much bigger club than Union.

However having lived in Berlin myself for a few years, it's a cracking city to live in.

Playing in Bundesliga at some great grounds over shit-tips like Tannadice or Victoria Park...hmmm tough.

It's easy for us with our Rangers eyes to think this is no brainer, but for someone with no Rangers leanings at all, Union Berlin is an attractive option.

Could have had him for €2 million last summer and we had a serious interest for the last 12 months.

Another decent player we have possibly missed out on.

Obviously we are a much bigger club than Union.

However having lived in Berlin myself for a few years, it's a cracking city to live in.

Playing in Bundesliga at some great grounds over shit-tips like Tannadice or Victoria Park...hmmm tough.

It's easy for us with our Rangers eyes to think this is no brainer, but for someone with no Rangers leanings at all, Union Berlin is an attractive option.
Visited 4 times and every time ive thought that I should be living here. Incredible city.

That’s a loss for me, strange to understand that one. Given how big a club we are and how well we perform in Europe I’d have thought we could outdo union Berlin.

Disappointing that we can’t.
We as a support overestimate how big we are outside our own country.

We know we've a huge support, but you only need to drive as far as Carlisle to find folk that'll tell you we're a diddy club.

We just lost a manager to relegation fodder because it was the EPL.

Us being in the Europa final won't suddenly have lads from the continent picking the SPL over a top league unless they're coming here young hoping for a move to England.

Just another example of how happy the odds are stacked against club's like ours

The market we’re now (thankfully) operating in means that players we’re in for are going to have other attractive offers. Good players attract good teams, we’ll inevitably miss out to some who fancy something different, and especially something we can’t offer, namely a top 5 league to play in.

We’ll have other targets to go for and hopefully good cash to spend, we move on and plenty more out there for us of the same or better standard.

When we win on Wednesday and guarantee pot 1 ECL, we should be aiming higher than some 27 year old Dutch defender that plays for Vitesse

Very disappointing this one, he was one I really hoped we had signed up.

Completely get choosing life in Germany over our shite hole.

Thought this was one we maybe had tied up behind the scenes but as usual I have given our board and recruitment team to much credit

Back