Doekhi talks ongoing apparently

This is a bit like the way Roofe was linked to us but several transfer windows passed and nothing materialised …then all of a sudden we got him.

So he's open to a new challenge, and Vitesse don't want to let him go. Plus an unsubstantiated assertion that we're in talks.

Last edited:
Hey Doehki, you going to sign? you going to sign and blow our minds, Doehki! Doehki!

office-awkward.gif

I’d have a serious hardon if we went into next season with;

Goldson
Doekhi
Helander
Souttar

Dream stuff.

Unlikely, but if we make the Champs League, that would be ridiculously good.
This should be our aim. People want to say wages play a part, we've had so much dead wood and most of that will have been gone in the Summer. A leaner squad of quality is ambitious and progressive for our Club.

This should be our aim. People want to say wages play a part, we've had so much dead wood and most of that will have been gone in the Summer. A leaner squad of quality is ambitious and progressive for our Club.

I think we need to keep Goldson.

We’ll see some upheaval this summer, but he’s a proper vice captain. I’d build again but keep him and Tav now as the backbone.

McGregor and Davis going, they’ll both be huge as leaders.

Hopefully hes not injury prone. Weve had some brutal luck back there. Thankfully big Goldson has been a colossus of a player for us.

We’ll see some upheaval this summer, but he’s a proper vice captain. I’d build again but keep him and Tav now as the backbone.

I like Balogun but 34 in Summer and looks like he's picking up injuries. You've got to know when to let players go.

Katic, Simpson and Balogun away in the Summer hopefully and the above 4 listed CBs with King there.

Our back line should be unchanged unless we look for another LB or a player gets sold.

Got a feeling Goldson has already signed a pre-contract with another club but they are keeping it quiet until the end of season. In that case we need to bring in another centre back. Preferably one that isn’t injured all the time as we already have Balogun and Helander who have permanent beds in the treatment room. No doubt Souttar will have a bed next to them when he joins as well.

I wouldn't renew Balogun's contract in the summer and I'd try move on Helander too. They are good players when fit but when you are constantly playing their back up, they are useless to us.

Plus we have signed another injury prone centre back so can't have 3.

Get Doekhi, try extend Goldson's contract and sign 1 other CB. Need another good first team CB if Goldson doesn't sign.

This defo that this is it for them ?

Totally agree.

Goldson won't be fully appreciated by some until he's gone. I really hope we're pulling out all the stops to somehow convince him to stay on, it's not a foregone conclusion imo - the fact he didn't sign a pre contract with anyone in January leaves a glimmer of hope that the big man will stay (and hopefully get a shot at CL). As reliable as they come and a proper Rangers CB, not without a mistake in him but what defender is? I reckon he must have had at least 8 CB partners during his time with us but he's been the one constant and that takes some doing.

If next seasons defensive options look like this this then I'd be a happy bear:

RB: Tav, Zukowski (assuming he's decent, bit of an unknown quantity at present)

CB: Goldson, Doekhi, Souttar, Helander (the lesser seen fit version), King

LB: New LB (sorry Borna but time is up), Basset

Looks like Goldson, Balogun and Simpson will all leave in the summer. We've got Helander and Souttar coming in, if we get Doekhi that's a great signing. I would say that rather than looking to sign another center half on top of that, giving Katić an extension would make more sense, however that seems unlikely atm

Last edited:
Isn’t there a bit too much noise around this for it to be a Rangers signing? Not sure just how many signings we have made where there has been so much chat about a player

Back