Doekhi talks ongoing apparently

As you said, he clearly hasn’t signed elsewhere as of yet, as it would be out in the open by now…that in itself (for me at least) gives us a fair bit of hope.

Additionally, there hasn’t really been a plethora of rumours about teams being overly interested in taking him either.

Hope we can get get it sorted.
Do you think it is a good sign that no one wants to sign a player on freedom of contract?

Not claiming I know anything about staff finances and of course people have a notion of there value but it does seem like CGs and RWs are gapped a will not be bridged . Why would we pay say 30k for a CD when we could have another for 15k ?? Yo me that is RW job to drive value and improvements .

Speaking of gaps I may be stating the obvious here but re. the second Tim goal at parkpaed , there were of course two sides to that gap and GKs runner left him in his wake and gobbled up that 15 yard zone on our penalty box edge . There were a few things going on here we had allowed the gap by over committing into lhs with Bassey in particular leaving his zone , Kamara was caught mentally and physically by the runner too but I would also lay inattention and poor focus on the other defenders . They too can close the gap from the inside but did not . Imo CG should have stepped across left by at least 5 yards to ensure the attack was at least safely beyond the line of the front post . He was one of three players marking the centre right of the box and the others were Aribo and then Tav on the outside . I don’t actually understand why CG did not lead those defenders to the left and at least partly close that gap . To me he is simply too static . Everyone needs to be dynamic and alert to movements and incursions and what adjustments they should be making .

All imo .

Last edited:
Not claiming I know anything about staff finances and of course people have a notion of there value but it does seem like CGs and RWs are gapped a will not be bridged . Why would we pay say 30k for a CD when we could have another for 15k ?? Yo me that is RW job to drive value and improvements .

Speaking of gaps I may be stating the obvious here but re. the second Tim goal at parkpaed , there were of course two sides to that gap and GKs runner left him in his wake and gobbled up that 15 yard zone in our penalty box edge . There were a few things going on here we had allowed the gap by over committing into lhs and Bassey in particular leaving his zone , Kamara was caught mentally and physically by the runner too but I would also lay inattention and poor ficus on the other defenders . They too can close the gap from the inside but did not . Imo CG should have stepped across left by at least 5 yards to ensure the attack was at least safely beyond the line of the front post . He was one of three players marking the centre right the others were Aribo and then Tav on the outside . I don’t actually understand why CG did not lead those defenders to the heft . To me he is simply too static . Everyone needs to be dynamic and alert to movements and incursions abd what adjustments they should be making .

All imo .
You are for it now lol

Back