Doekhi talks ongoing apparently

Couple do with a good few quality bosman signings.

Need a number of players in the summer.
We should be able to bring in players in the £3-5m pool. Our revenue isn't that far away from the tims and they're at the top end whilst we are growing ours. They seem happy to spend that amount and I think we should be too.

We have seen Duffy at his worst, he is only suitable for a team that is always on the defece
But he is an International player with a decent record down south
Duffy is a very good defender when he isn’t on the booze. It’s no coincidence he has been totally bombed out again.

Also, there is no chance in hell that we haven’t offered Goldson a deal. No club in the world doesn’t offer a contract to its 29 year old VC who plays every game.

I'm sure Napoli was mentioned a while back on here. No idea if that was true

Doekhi will have plenty offers. Just hope we can get him.

Edit Dinamo Zagreb were also mentioned

It was reported about 10/11 days ago that he’s rejected Dynamo Zagreb.

I think it was Napoli I read he had quoted, as well as us, that he had offers from.

It was reported about 10/11 days ago that he’s rejected Dynamo Zagreb.

I think it was Napoli I read he had quoted, as well as us, that he had offers from.
Hadn't seen that. Honestly didn't think he would pick Dynamo Zagreb over us.

Napoli I wonder if he would be a guaranteed starter? That might be in his thinking.

Hadn't seen that. Honestly didn't think he would pick Dynamo Zagreb over us.

Napoli I wonder if he would be a guaranteed starter? That might be in his thinking.

Hopefully the Gio factor helps ? He can convince him that he can follow the path of Gio himself & VVD, who he said he watches & tries to learn from.

He said his ambitions are to play for Netherlands & play in the CL, so winning this league could be a clincher for us ?

I think it's now clear Doekhi will be Goldson's long term replacement that's if we get a deal done but the player has said he is in no rush to decide and is fully focused with his current club.

Since we have tracked him since last May I think there is a decent chance we will get him but CL Football might play a part here that's why it's crucial we win the league.

I think it's now clear Doekhi will be Goldson's long term replacement that's if we get a deal done but the player has said he is in no rush to decide and is fully focused with his current club.

Since we have tracked him since last May I think there is a decent chance we will get him but CL Football might play a part here that's why it's crucial we win the league.

His uncle is Winston Bogarde. If he’s as good as him he’ll do just fine.

Get him signed.

We need two CB’s this summer to join Helander and Souttar (injury prone).

Goldson and Balogun potentially leave, Katić and Simpson not good enough.
Keep hearing this mirroring of Katic not being good enough,I am an individual with my own mind not prone to following the crowd,and my opinion is that Katic did nothing wrong at Ibrox for people to say he is not good enough.

He’s been offered the highest wage in our wage structure and didn’t take it that’s the facts his head has been turned and it’s highly probable he’s already signed somewhere else.

I would have liked him to stay as well but if he wanted to he would have signed a new contract buy now he’s gone.
Let him go ,we move on

Keep hearing this mirroring of Katic not being good enough,I am an individual with my own mind not prone to following the crowd,and my opinion is that Katic did nothing wrong at Ibrox for people to say he is not good enough.
nobody is saying he did anything wrong ffs but it's clear we need better going forward

Yeah, we have all seen those players but it's different times now and Goldson is the best CB at this club and he will be very difficult to replace.

Helander is very good when he plays, which is almost never. Paying his wages so we can play an out of position LB in his place 90% of the time means he isn't our best defender. He is a waste of a wage.

Who would you rather have at the club? Goldson or Helander?
I'd rather we didn't just accept mediocrity. Goldson is a good servant and that's great but if Rangers want to move on they need to be looking for someone with the potential to be better. Goldson is only going to get less effective from now on in.

A good team effort and yes he made his contribution, ably bailed out numerous times by McGregor. Goldson was not a colossus. He is not a backs to the wall defender.

We don’t really need a backs to the wall defender. Helander fills that role when fit.

We have more possession 95% of the time.

We need a quick, strong, ball playing centre half.

Goldson is an excellent player. He’s been a great buy for us.

Last edited:
I'd rather we didn't just accept mediocrity. Goldson is a good servant and that's great but if Rangers want to move on they need to be looking for someone with the potential to be better. Goldson is only going to get less effective from now on in.
David Weir

I’m an individual with my own mind too - I couldn’t give a shit about following a crowd, I’ve got my own opinion.

My opinion is that Katić isn’t good enough and a year out of football hasn’t helped.

We have three centre backs currently levels about Katić.

I’m an individual with my own mind too - I couldn’t give a shit about following a crowd, I’ve got my own opinion.

My opinion is that Katić isn’t good enough and a year out of football hasn’t helped.

We have three centre backs currently levels about Katić.
Love big katic, brilliant attitude and great guy, will never ever forget that bullet header at the sty.

But where we are now he doesnt even make our squad never mind play.

Wish him all the very best but he wont be back at Ibrox.

I dont think its pushing it at all.

He literally has been a collosus for us.

Top top defender, player and captain in all but bame and we will sorely miss him if/when he moves in.
This is it.

I think many still have a blind spot when in comes to him. He’s a terrific defender and has been ever present, his fitness record is insane. The guy is a terrific professional athlete and has been a great defender for us. We’ll miss him if he leaves, and he won’t be easy to replace.

Totally agree.

Goldson won't be fully appreciated by some until he's gone. I really hope we're pulling out all the stops to somehow convince him to stay on, it's not a foregone conclusion imo - the fact he didn't sign a pre contract with anyone in January leaves a glimmer of hope that the big man will stay (and hopefully get a shot at CL). As reliable as they come and a proper Rangers CB, not without a mistake in him but what defender is? I reckon he must have had at least 8 CB partners during his time with us but he's been the one constant and that takes some doing.

If next seasons defensive options look like this this then I'd be a happy bear:

RB: Tav, Zukowski (assuming he's decent, bit of an unknown quantity at present)

CB: Goldson, Doekhi, Souttar, Helander (the lesser seen fit version), King

LB: New LB (sorry Borna but time is up), Basset
His family don't want to live here because of the abuse they get regularly. I can't see him staying and I don't blame him.

he personally mentioned Rangers in the past, yet the new chat is from some well known fake news Turkish journalist, whereby the latest quotes don't mention Rangers but he's rebranded it as 'he is in active discussions with Rangers'.

yet here we are 4 pages later...

I honestly couldn’t care less if Goldson leaves, never been a huge fan of his. I reckon he’s had 1 great season since he’s been here and the rest all very average. All IMO of course before anyone takes offence.

This is it.

I think many still have a blind spot when in comes to him. He’s a terrific defender and has been ever present, his fitness record is insane. The guy is a terrific professional athlete and has been a great defender for us. We’ll miss him if he leaves, and he won’t be easy to replace.

He will have an average of 55 games a season when he leaves us, only reduced by a season that was curtailed.

Incredible really

Meet Goldson half way and get him to sign, the guy has been a good servant to the club along with being the most reliable to be fit for the games otherwise we lose a £7.5million player and I doubt meeting Goldson in the middle will cost Rangers nowhere near £7.5m for the next 3 years

You know what mate…… I think you’ve got it!

I can’t believe it didn’t dawn on us before……..

just offer him closer to what he wants…. It’s……….it’s genius!

I think we need to keep Goldson.

We’ll see some upheaval this summer, but he’s a proper vice captain. I’d build again but keep him and Tav now as the backbone.

McGregor and Davis going, they’ll both be huge as leaders.
We can only keep him if he wants to be kept.
Clearly keeping his options open until the end of the season and if he signs it’ll be for 1 of 2 reasons:-
Either we have considerably improved our offer or the type of offer he was hoping for from elsewhere hasn’t materialised.

I hope it’s neither of those and that he simply recognises that he is well paid for the job he does and is revered among our support.

We can only keep him if he wants to be kept.
Clearly keeping his options open until the end of the season and if he signs it’ll be for 1 of 2 reasons:-
Either we have considerably improved our offer or the type of offer he was hoping for from elsewhere hasn’t materialised.

I hope it’s neither of those and that he simply recognises that he is well paid for the job he does and is revered among our support.

Which is all fair and well.

He’s not a Rangers fan.

I’m sure he appreciates the size and scale of the club, but he’s looking at one last decent contract.

He’s got kids and a wife who’ll play a part in the decision as well.

I think sometimes we confuse the issue with our personal intents - we are all proper Rangers fans. Goldson - it’s a job.

I want him to stay as he’s the best in the league.

Hopefully he’s delaying and waiting on the champs league outcome.

Think Katic polarises opinion. Some over state his ability, some understate it. I think hes a guy that has ability. His biggest flaws are diving in and distribution. Both can be improved.

Happy to leave it up to Gio though
Katic is decent. The worst thing that happens with him is that if he has a bad game, it's a total calamity. He had plenty of good performances for us but the one sticking in my mind was the debacle at St Johnstone. He's either a 7/10 or a 2/10. No middle ground.

Back