Doekhi talks ongoing apparently

We should be able to bring in players in the £3-5m pool. Our revenue isn't that far away from the tims and they're at the top end whilst we are growing ours. They seem happy to spend that amount and I think we should be too.
Did you see their reported profits today ? :eek:

He’s been offered the highest wage in our wage structure and didn’t take it that’s the facts his head has been turned and it’s highly probable he’s already signed somewhere else.

I would have liked him to stay as well but if he wanted to he would have signed a new contract buy now he’s gone.
Would he have been offered more than Alfie ? Not sure on that but he is reputedly already the second highest player earner at the club.

Did you see their reported profits today ? :eek:
Just read them, it's lovely spin but broken down its just what you'd expect.

Season ticket money plus £30m or so in player sales, plus Europa league money and they're posting a profit of £26m in six months? I'd say if they weren't it would be more of a surprise. Remove those two player sales and you've got a club living hand to mouth, just like we have been doing. It's why we need to get the player trading model up and running.

One thing though, they're just a list of horrible crimes and a team on the park to me. %^*& their finances, attendances etc. I couldn't care less if they've sold out a game on the moon so long as we beat them and we can control that part. The balance sheet war is a pathetic element of an increasingly pathetic sport!

He’s been offered the highest wage in our wage structure and didn’t take it that’s the facts his head has been turned and it’s highly probable he’s already signed somewhere else.

I would have liked him to stay as well but if he wanted to he would have signed a new contract buy now he’s gone.
Never heard that one before. Where is this coming from?

Vitesse have been stinking the last four weeks. Up until then they had been good. Hammered by Ajax, PSV and Twente.

Last saw him against Feyenoord and he was solid.

You are right, it is stupid of me to expect a defender to block a shot, please forgive me

You are clearly clueless about the game.

Goldson caught in no man's land because Bassey was way out of position. Kamara just stopped following the runner to leave him a free shot on goal. They had the Greek guy ( I think, may have been somebody else) making a run in behind goldson for a through ball. Goldson closes down the shot then it's an easy through ball for a 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Add to that there was no pressing of their defenders bringing the ball out and nobody tracking abada when he made his run inside.

Its was an absolute shambles of a goal from our perspective, however only somebody with an agenda against Goldson or no clue about the game would be trying to lay blame on him for that goal.

No it’s not your being pedantic.
Not wanting to break the wage structure and offering Goldson the highest paid player at the club are two very different things bro. Wage structures aren't as simple as "our limit is 50k a week. We won't go above that.". Different roles have a different idea of wage structure, and a defenders is generally going to be lower than a striker. You wouldn't expect Shagger for example to be on the same wage as Alfie - and it'll never happen because the wage structure for the two positions are very different.

The problem with goldson is obvious - he wants the same wage as Lundstrum and we won't pay him. And Lundstrum isn't the highest paid player at the club either. By all accounts Goldson actually wants to stay, he just wants the same wage as Lundstrum. You can put that down as a negative for Goldson but he's entirely in his right to ask for the same wage as someone who rarely plays and contributes far less than he does and is let's be honest, a fraction of the player. The problem is the fact Lundstrum is apparently on ridiculous wages, but that's not his fault really.

A mod on here even hinted that this was the case aswell.

For the record I think Goldson will stay regardless.

Last edited:
You are clearly clueless about the game.

Goldson caught in no man's land because Bassey was way out of position. Kamara just stopped following the runner to leave him a free shot on goal. They had the Greek guy ( I think, may have been somebody else) making a run in behind goldson for a through ball. Goldson closes down the shot then it's an easy through ball for a 1 on 1 with the keeper.

Add to that there was no pressing of their defenders bringing the ball out and nobody tracking abada when he made his run inside.

Its was an absolute shambles of a goal from our perspective, however only somebody with an agenda against Goldson or no clue about the game would be trying to lay blame on him for that goal.
So he never turned his back on the ball and bent down, A yes or No would finish this discussion

Don’t see it that way, we signed Ramsey and we’re in the EL? From the clubs point of view and the players point of view it should have no bearing which completion we are in, particularly on a 4 year contract
Just because it’s dragged on this long if he was signing think it be done by now

Not wanting to break the wage structure and offering Goldson the highest paid player at the club are two very different things bro. Wage structures aren't as simple as "our limit is 50k a week. We won't go above that.". Different roles have a different idea of wage structure, and a defenders is generally going to be lower than a striker. You wouldn't expect Shagger for example to be on the same wage as Alfie - and it'll never happen because the wage structure for the two positions are very different.

The problem with goldson is obvious - he wants the same wage as Lundstrum and we won't pay him. And Lundstrum isn't the highest paid player at the club either. By all accounts Goldson actually wants to stay, he just wants the same wage as Lundstrum. You can put that down as a negative for Goldson but he's entirely in his right to ask for the same wage as someone who rarely plays and contributes far less than he does and is let's be honest, a fraction of the player. The problem is the fact Lundstrum is apparently on ridiculous wages, but that's not his fault really.

I sincerely hope you’re correct as he is irreplaceable IMO.

I sincerely hope you’re correct as he is irreplaceable IMO.
I'm not sure how it's going to resolve itself but I just don't really see Goldson leaving.

Nobody is coming in for him even on a free pre contract, he wants to stay here, he's loved, he plays every game and plays in europe every season. He's already played in England.

What is he going to do? Go play in the championship or something? I don't see it, and I don't see us letting him go free, to spend 1/2/3m on a player when we could just give Goldson some of that and kept him. I understand not wanting to break the wage structure but it could be done through other means like a boost in his cleans sheet bonus etc.

People say he's already signed with another club, I don't buy that either. We would have heard rumblings and I'd say the fact he's continuing to try his best and has never once down tooled suggests he does infact want to stay here - his comments to fans a few month ago before he went down the tunnel also suggest that (They told him to sign a new contract, Goldson replied with "I can't, there's nothing to sign")

I'm not sure how it's going to resolve itself but I just don't really see Goldson leaving.

Nobody is coming in for him even on a free pre contract, he wants to stay here, he's loved, he plays every game and plays in europe every season. He's already played in England.

What is he going to do? Go play in the championship or something? I don't see it, and I don't see us letting him go free, to spend 1/2/3m on a player when we could just give Goldson some of that and kept him. I understand not wanting to break the wage structure but it could be done through other means like a boost in his cleans sheet bonus etc.

People say he's already signed with another club, I don't buy that either. We would have heard rumblings and I'd say the fact he's continuing to try his best and has never once down tooled suggests he does infact want to stay here - his comments to fans a few month ago before he went down the tunnel also suggest that (They told him to sign a new contract, Goldson replied with "I can't, there's nothing to sign")
His wife wants back down south. She’s not happy here.

Of course there is nothing to sign. They haven’t agreed anything for a contract to be drawn up.

As you said, he clearly hasn’t signed elsewhere as of yet, as it would be out in the open by now…that in itself (for me at least) gives us a fair bit of hope.

Additionally, there hasn’t really been a plethora of rumours about teams being overly interested in taking him either.

Hope we can get get it sorted.

We should be paying him at the top of our wage scale and if we aren’t then as you say he’s with in his rights to leave but the way it was said seems to me like he wants a wage outside our wage structure.

The Lundstram thing is smoke and Mirrors from his camp as it all sounds very convenient and was no doubt leaked to Admin to make it sound like he’s happy to stay.

There is no way Goldson is with us after the Summer.

Goldson has been good for the club. 200 appearances is impressive. But he isnt as good as some think and is very replaceable. He has made some very high profile mistakes
the fact he hasnt signed a deal speaks volumes his sound bites with ill leave it to my advisors is bullshit

that said doekhi and goldson would be some partnership

You have no idea as I don’t who’s offering him what he will no doubt have offers sitting on 50, 60k a week ,

Zouma is ok 125k a week Goldson is every bit as good as him.

You have no idea as I don’t who’s offering him what he will no doubt have offers sitting on 50, 60k a week ,

Zouma is ok 125k a week Goldson is every bit as good as him.
if a epl team agreed a deal with him you would think it would be leaked from down there

if a epl team agreed a deal with him you would think it would be leaked from down there
Not always, We agreed a deal with Ryan Jack and it was kept quiet as he was still playing for the Sheep could be a similar scenario,

Of course there is nothing to sign. They haven’t agreed anything for a contract to be drawn up.
I know mate. But he could have just ignored it. His response suggests he'd be happy to sign a contract on the correct terms ( again seems like wage is an issue ) , which goes against what rio was claiming.

I know mate. But he could have just ignored it. His response suggests he'd be happy to sign a contract on the correct terms ( again seems like wage is an issue ) , which goes against what rio was claiming.
I’m sure goldson said something similar last year? Or was it another player?

I’m sure goldson said something similar last year? Or was it another player?
No it was goldson coming off the pitch. Maybe 3 months ago?

What I'm trying to say is his response to it suggests he's happy to stay here and sign a new contract- if the terms work for him (again seems to be a wage issue with matching lundstrum)

If like some people here are saying - that he's already signed with another club and doesn't want to be here any more, or even that his wife is pulling him down south, which is why no contract renewal - then he could have just ignored the fans in that situation and kept walking down the tunnel. But his response tells me he wants to stay but wants a decent paycheck since it'll likely be the last contract.

If it is indeed an issue with matching lundstrum as all rumours point to - all I will say is, I don't think we should break our wage structure, but I would rather goldson have lundstrums wage than lundstrum. He definitely deserves it at least.

Back