Doekhi talks ongoing apparently

Meet Goldson half way and get him to sign, the guy has been a good servant to the club along with being the most reliable to be fit for the games otherwise we lose a £7.5million player and I doubt meeting Goldson in the middle will cost Rangers nowhere near £7.5m for the next 3 years

Goldson is gone at the end of the season it’s about time people started accepting it instead of acting like jilted lovers, He will have been offered 50-60k a week in England.

Good luck to him he’s been a great and consistent servant but still has a limit to his game and has a mistake in him.

I am pretty sure Doekhi will be a Rangers player but he probably wants it kept quiet till the end of the season.

Goldson is gone at the end of the season it’s about time people started accepting it instead of acting like jilted lovers, He will have been offered 50-60k a week in England.

Good luck to him he’s been a great and consistent servant but still has a limit to his game and has a mistake in him.

I am pretty sure Doekhi will be a Rangers player but he probably wants it kept quiet till the end of the season.
Why have we then heard nothing about his “new club”? The most recent reports had Nottingham Forest and West Brom “leading the chase” for him. Neither club is giving Goldson 50-60k.

Goldson may well leave but I don’t think he’s made any decision yet. Word always gets out when a player has signed a pre contract or verbally agreed one. There is basically no noise at all about Goldson’s potential next destination in England.

Why have we then heard nothing about his “new club”? The most recent reports had Nottingham Forest and West Brom “leading the chase” for him. Neither club is giving Goldson 50-60k.

Goldson may well leave but I don’t think he’s made any decision yet. Word always gets out when a player has signed a pre contract or verbally agreed one. There is basically no noise at all about Goldson’s potential next destination in England.
There is no chance he’s here next season just let it go,

Word doesn’t always get out some people can keep things to themselves.

There is no chance he’s here next season just let it go,

Word doesn’t always get out some people can keep things to themselves.
“Letting go” is a bit OTT. I want Goldson to stay but hardly going to end up in tears if not.

My personal opinion just based on all the circumstantial evidences so far is that Goldson’s desired offer hasn’t materialised yet down south. The Championship clubs likely to be interested in him will be in a position where their transfer business and wage budget will depend on whether they can attain promotion via the playoffs so Goldson may well be biding his time until the end of the season to see what the most lucrative options are.

But until there are concrete rumours or an announcement from Goldson, I think it’s silly to rule out the prospect of him staying altogether. Who knows it may hinge on winning the league and qualifying for the CL - for all we know that might be a burning ambition for Goldson.

“Letting go” is a bit OTT. I want Goldson to stay but hardly going to end up in tears if not.

My personal opinion just based on all the circumstantial evidences so far is that Goldson’s desired offer hasn’t materialised yet down south. The Championship clubs likely to be interested in him will be in a position where their transfer business and wage budget will depend on whether they can attain promotion via the playoffs so Goldson may well be biding his time until the end of the season to see what the most lucrative options are.

But until there are concrete rumours or an announcement from Goldson, I think it’s silly to rule out the prospect of him staying altogether. Who knows it may hinge on winning the league and qualifying for the CL - for all we know that might be a burning ambition for Goldson.

He’s been offered the highest wage in our wage structure and didn’t take it that’s the facts his head has been turned and it’s highly probable he’s already signed somewhere else.

I would have liked him to stay as well but if he wanted to he would have signed a new contract buy now he’s gone.

@dereksmallsloyal, curious to know what you're pissing yourself laughing at?
The source (Efram Konur) is a chancer, was one of the big boosters of the Skov Olsen rumours, for example, which is one of many.

He may be right this time - who knows? - but I was laughing at the “is he credible?” comment as I thought the guy had been definitively found out. Apologies - should have made it clearer.

The source (Efram Konur) is a chancer, was one of the big boosters of the Skov Olsen rumours, for example, which is one of many.

He may be right this time - who knows? - but I was laughing at the “is he credible?” comment as I thought the guy had been definitively found out. Apologies - should have made it clearer.
Fair enough mate :) cheers. Dont know anything about the guy Efram personally. This is one rumour that never seems to go away though

He’s been offered the highest wage in our wage structure and didn’t take it that’s the facts his head has been turned and it’s highly probable he’s already signed somewhere else.

I would have liked him to stay as well but if he wanted to he would have signed a new contract buy now he’s gone.
"He’s been offered the highest wage in our wage structure and didn’t take it that’s the facts"

Do you know that for a fact or is it just based on what you've read on here?

Ever get a really good feeling about a player that you have never seen before? Deffo have that feeling here and it was the same with Morelos for me, simply by going off his goalscoring stats in Finland. Admittedly I am going off a lot less here.

The likelihood is that Goldson has already signed a deal with West Brom and nobody wants to announce it yet. He’ll thank the fans and say he needs to go home.

Everyone having Helander in their squad fit next season - the guy has played 32 league games in 3 years. He will have 12 months left, we offering him a new deal/letting him go for nothing?

Why just Championship clubs, when someone like Duffy can play in the EPL?

Ever get a really good feeling about a player that you have never seen before? Deffo have that feeling here and it was the same with Morelos for me, simply by going off his goalscoring stats in Finland. Admittedly I am going off a lot less here.
Definitely had it with Morelos, just knew he would score goals for us.

This boy seems to be well thought of in Holland, hopefully, should he sign, he will turn out to be as effective in his position.

Last edited:
The likelihood is that Goldson has already signed a deal with West Brom and nobody wants to announce it yet. He’ll thank the fans and say he needs to go home.

Everyone having Helander in their squad fit next season - the guy has played 32 league games in 3 years. He will have 12 months left, we offering him a new deal/letting him go for nothing?
Which club is taking Helander?

If we could get him off the wage bill then that would be great but he is probably not going to have a long list of suitors.

Which club is taking Helander?

If we could get him off the wage bill then that would be great but he is probably not going to have a long list of suitors.

Can see him going to Gothenburg or the like when he leaves us. A real fall from grace for the big guy, all due to his injury record.

Meet Goldson half way and get him to sign, the guy has been a good servant to the club along with being the most reliable to be fit for the games otherwise we lose a £7.5million player and I doubt meeting Goldson in the middle will cost Rangers nowhere near £7.5m for the next 3 years
Where do you get he is worth £7.5m, not one Club has come in for him on a free transfer

There is no chance he has been offered the highest wage, I would seriously doubt he has even been offered a new contract
He goes with my best wishes but he is not good enough for where we want to go

I have no doubt Goldson can play in the PL but it’s quite clear that no PL club has come in for him yet. I can only see him playing in the PL next season if it’s with a promoted club.
We have seen Duffy at his worst, he is only suitable for a team that is always on the defece
But he is an International player with a decent record down south

Helander had played 33 league games in almost 3 years. He is a complete waste of a signing.

If it is so easy to replace Goldson, why haven't we been able to sign any CB near as good as him?
We are never going to agree on this, maybe I'm used to seeing CB like Gough, Brown, Moore, Amo,McLaren, Forsyth, Jackson, DJ, The list is very long and Goldson wouldn't even get on it
I never said Helander was value for what we paid for him, but Stevie Wonder can see he is the best defender at the Club

I don’t get why it’s became accepted on here that Katic is garbage.
St Johnstone away aside pre injury I don’t recall him letting us down much. He’s nowhere near Simpson levels of not good enough and would be a better option than shoehorning Bassey in there.
This. All day effing long.

Helander
Katic
Bassey
Souttar
King
Doehki - mibby

That's 6 centre halves.

We are never going to agree on this, maybe I'm used to seeing CB like Gough, Brown, Moore, Amo,McLaren, Forsyth, Jackson, DJ, The list is very long and Goldson wouldn't even get on it
I never said Helander was value for what we paid for him, but Stevie Wonder can see he is the best defender at the Club
You must think you are the only poster who has see those players many on here have.
How can you compare Helander 33 games at the club V Goldson who's had 200?
Helander is a good defender but seems to have gone on leaps and bounds as a player since he's been injured.

Yeah, we have all seen those players but it's different times now and Goldson is the best CB at this club and he will be very difficult to replace.

Helander is very good when he plays, which is almost never. Paying his wages so we can play an out of position LB in his place 90% of the time means he isn't our best defender. He is a waste of a wage.

Who would you rather have at the club? Goldson or Helander?

You must think you are the only poster who has see those players many on here have.
How can you compare Helander 33 games at the club V Goldson who's had 200?
Alex Miller 17 years at the Club, do you think he was better than Brian Laudrup who was there for four years. You can't judge someone on how many games they play
If he was that good why didn't Gerrard snap him up on a pre Contract?

Qualify for the CL and Goldson will have something to think about. Go down south on a free for a payday or sign an extension and play in the CL. I don't think it is a given yet that he will be away. Not many players get that opportunity.

Back