Dom McKay leaves Celtic

Aye, the one that works for the Man City Group to enhance their "soft footballing partnership" and facilitate the inevitable takeover/onboarding to them.
I’ve seen talk of a takeover but thought it was more wishful thinking from people trying to understand why Dim walked. I’d actually piss myself laughing if the city group plasticised them.

They going to become an official feeder club? They've tried the predator role.
An old client of mine who owns a box had been talking about it for years and it's fairly hard to discredit his point when you see the likes of Delia out in NY with the city group and the coincidence that Postecoglou came from Marinos ( who happen to be part of the city group) and the targets outside him were Harkin/Maresca (also from City)

They are already doing it "lite" and he's claimed once 10IAR reason was over, the board would take a backseat and it would be driven by more prominent members of that. He won a fair bit from the bookies on Postecoglou as he was all over it before anyone had his name.

Not saying for sure, but it's happening exactly like he's predicted and would he would have day to day dealings with a couple of people who are high enough up in command to know what's going on with them. He was always very wary of the influence and involvement of everything Mark Lawwell suggested being implemented, almost without question.

I agree with that but not all.

Have we ever had a director who was President of the SFA? If we have it might probably have been in the late 1800s. Can you name any Ranger in the last 50 years who has been a head honcho at the SFA?

Ogilvie had some influence I suppose.
Interesting thing, there is no list of Pst presidents anywhere. For most of the lifetime of the SFA, it was really just a figurehead - the real power lay in the Secretary, until they got rid of Farry and replaced him with a place man

There’s always going to be ST holders at any club who can’t make a game for a number of reasons, I’d guess mostly being work commitments, illness or holiday. I think more than half will pass on STs to family or friends, or through a bus if they travel via a supporters club.

Thats not an easy number to quantify, but I can’t see more than 10% at most who can’t go, and at least half of those tickets will be passed on.

For us, that would mean at most 2,000 - 3,000 unused STs for an “average” game. Even then, that’s probably over estimating unused seats.

but the Filth expect the outside world to believe that up to a THIRD of their (claimed) ST holders - about 18,000 - regularly don’t attend games and also have no family or friends to pass them on to ?!?! And nobody seems to notice this except us? It’s bizarre
Maybe nobody chooses to report it or write a comment item on it? Mmmm I wonder why? ;)

Interesting thing, there is no list of Pst presidents anywhere. For most of the lifetime of the SFA, it was really just a figurehead - the real power lay in the Secretary, until they got rid of Farry and replaced him with a place man
Secretary or President, you decide.

Kelly ruled the roost in the 60s. And the 42 day ban for Colin Stein in 1969 was all you needed of evidence of the corruption behind the scenes.

However, what we have today, the lies and the blatant, in your face, we are taking- you on Rangers- and fc_uk you is on a different scale.

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/rep...ltic-chairman-role-soon-more-on-mckay-shared/

"Dominic McKay may not be the only high profile Celtic exit this weather, with more changes at the board and the executive level expected soon.

That’s the word from Scottish Daily Mail journalist Stephen McGowan, who reports that chairman Ian Bankier is expected to be replaced shortly. [11/09 print edition, page 123]"

I'd expect McGowan to be in the know, him being one of their faithful D.F.B. mhedia placemen.

I genuinely believe the Knew Canp is more and more up to the gunnels in sleaze and slime and only the biggest crooks with the strongest stomachs wil survive the cull.

???? Hiding cash or missing paperwork?
The rumours seem to be that their board have blundered in to some potentially explosive situations. One which could result in legal action from Dom (presumably them breaking NDA by leaking "not impressed with Dom" to their friends in the press and/or contractual fuckups relating to payments he may be due) and another which could seem them "non-compliant" and in trouble with regulators due to "blasé" changes the board have made.

Last edited:
Dominic McKay doesn’t have a new job to move to and Leaves ? That’s not what he done when moving from SRU to Celtic therefore I would think he was fired . I would be surprised if it was a competency issue .

Bloke i know has connections in Scottish Rugby. Says Mackay sorted out their governance and was really good and strong on governance. His view is if he has walked away there will be a reason, says he is a very competent operator won’t be he cant do the job.

When you look at how Scottish Rugby has been run over the last 10 years vs how Scottish Football has been run then you have to believe it.

Dom McKay is not a stupid man and probably went to Celtc with a lot of sensible ideas. But they don't want to modernise in my opinion. They are happy to be stuck in the past, as long as the SFA and mhedia ask no questions.

What you can't lose track of is that this was Dom McKay's "dream job" - he alluded to it himself.

Then left the job after about 70-days.

That leaves 4 outcomes.

He doesn't like what he's seen.
The club is going in the wrong direction and he doesn't want part of it.
He was pushed out, possible constructive dismissal.
He can't bring in the changes he wants and the club needs due to other influences.

Neither of them are good for Celtic.

If it was an innocent explanation like his Wife was seriously unwell (I hope she's not btw) but playing Devil's advocate and using that as an example, there wouldn't be the NDA and there would be a lot more transparency and it would be a bit of a non-story, similar to how when Martin O'Neill left it felt low-key'ish because of the sad circumstances involved.
Exactly. This reeks of an unstable organisation. As we know you won’t get stability and success on the pitch if everything is chaos off the pitch. So positive for us.

Accounts due out in the next few weeks. AGM in December should be a laugh.

The sad thing is, all the beggars will be interested in is resolution 12(13) and f all else. They have all been too busy looking over here and forgetting to check what is happening in their own back garden.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have corporate governance issues, they way they have tried to sit in judgement over our issues, reminds me of them and sectarian singing. Look at they OBs singing sectarian songs.

Dominic McKay doesn’t have a new job to move to and Leaves ? That’s not what he done when moving from SRU to Celtic therefore I would think he was fired . I would be surprised if it was a competency issue .
I think it is much more likely that he left due to a combination of the first two points mentioned by Manhattan_Loyalist above.

Who made dosh on betting on their current manager before he was an official candidate.?

If that's true (and I wouldn't put it by any of that mhob) then that's a scandal in itself.

McKay leaving Celtic was not a competence issue, I'm certain of that.
Did he walk or was he pushed? Either way there should be questions asked.
Did he uncover issues that he wouldn't deal with?
Did he want to deal with these or this issue in a way Celtic found unpalatable?

I doubt he threatened to "blow the lid off" or anything like that, but there are questions that simply aren't being asked and that in itself should have alarm bells ringing.

I really hope he hasn't done a gagging deal with the devil and actually speaks out in the near future.

I'm sure he'd have a lot to say, much of which I believe the rest of Scottish football (and Scottish society in general) really needs to hear.
He’ll say eff all, don’t be fooled he’s just another hater

Back