Drew McIntyre – WWE Champion & Rangers Fan

Any publicity is good publicity so we should try and get him at a HT draw maybe wait and see if he gets the belt first

Good publicity at this time, during the 'Road to Wrestlemania'. Glad he is getting a title shot after biding his time since returning.

Not sure bringing him out to entertain the handful of manchildren in the crowd who actually watch wrestling would be profitable.

Americans are idiots and will buy anything. If he mentions rangers and shows a shirt they buy it. imagine he comes out at wrestle mania in front on hundreds of millions people. Won’t happen but

Rangers should invite him to Ibrox. It would be massive for the club if he could get rangers brand through the WWE somehow.

Any publicity is good publicity, or so they say.

I lost touch with WWE a long time ago but caught a video of Edge making a return, that noise the crowd made was awesome.

I remember him just as he left for WWE after being at Caley. He was featured in the uni magazine. Good to see him doing well.

Would be great to see.

WWE would record it as well, broadcasting it to close to a billion worldwide As a segment on one of their shows, or social media.

Get him out at wrestlemania with his rangers top on that will be good publicity or at least a rangers sweat band.

I just watched the rumble there.
went nuts when he won.

Big man has never hidden his love of Rangers

- trophy-ladden success, thought it would never end
- suddenly started going downhill
- had to start all over again from the bottom
- elevated several brands simply by being there
- finally returned to the big show after several years in the wilderness thanks to sheer hard work
- bumpy start on return
- against all odds, en route to the slay the beast and achieve the greatest glory of all in spite of forces of genuine evil doing their best to stand in the way

Does Drew’s story remind you of anyone?

Wouldn’t bother ,most folk who watch wrestling are manchildren or homosexuals and not into real sports
I’d rather we had zero to do with wrestling .

- trophy-ladden success, thought it would never end
- suddenly started going downhill
- had to start all over again from the bottom
- elevated several brands simply by being there
- finally returned to the big show after several years in the wilderness thanks to sheer hard work
- bumpy start on return
- against all odds, en route to the slay the beast and achieve the greatest glory of all in spite of forces of genuine evil doing their best to stand in the way

Does Drew’s story remind you of anyone?

This is the year for both, it's clearly written in the stars

you make it sound like there’s genuine competition and it hasn’t already been fixed

This is something I could never understand. Who decides who wins these big wrestling tournaments lol. One thing I could never understand was how an adult male could be passionate about wrestling when it’s as fake as Jordan’s tits

Seems a good big bluenose, but people congratulating him like he's achieved a sporting accolade when he's just an actor who managed to get a good story line and "Win" the Royal Rumble.

Get him involved though, as his popularity is through the roof and can only be good for the club

Not a wrestling fan since 90s but imagine it gets a huge following so good for him to be publicly bigging us up

Big man is always showing support for the Gers

His accents is brilliant, always reminds me of the half Scottish half Canadian sketches in "Chewin the Fat" :D

This pizza's pure hoachin with grease!

There's water in there pishin all oer the flair.

I'll have a Caesar Salad and a Labbatts Ice - Aye, very good, you'll have a toastie n a pint like every other c#%*! £21.80...

This is something I could never understand. Who decides who wins these big wrestling tournaments lol. One thing I could never understand was how an adult male could be passionate about wrestling when it’s as fake as Jordan’s tits

Always found that argument a bit weird. If someone told me they enjoyed Lord of the Rings my first response wouldn't be to say "You know it's fake, don't you?"

He's got 100K more instagram followers than the club does! Would be madness of the club not to follow it up with an appearance, and as a big bluenose I reckon he'd be delighted to be asked.

Everyone is a winner here.

Get him in for the half time draw, Rangers!

Seems a good big bluenose, but people congratulating him like he's achieved a sporting accolade when he's just an actor who managed to get a good story line and "Win" the Royal Rumble.

I am by no means a wrestling fan and haven't been for the best part of 18 years but that's a bit harsh.

While it's no great sporting accolade he will have worked very hard to get where he is, touring and never seeing his family for a pittance for years before he got a big break.

That and he is a blue nose so I'm now hoping he "beats" Lesnar.

TBF I doubt if you informed a wrestling fan that it's fake they'd faint in shock at the scale of this startling new revelation. They, presumably, just think it's a bit of fun.

Each to their own but just dont see the enjoyment a grown man can get out of it. But hey who am I to judge lol

Get him involved though, as his popularity is through the roof and can only be good for the club
If you don't like the sports analogy.

Drew was in Coronation Street, he was then relegated to being a background actor in corrie until he was sacked. Rather than mope he went to do theatre for a while and rebuild his character. He has now been cast as the lead in a new Scorsese picture.

However you look at it it is a great great achievement.

Back